Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

Default Training ?

I am a home childcare provider in MN and I have a few questions regarding trainings:

* I am wondering if we are able to get REcertified in CPR and First Aid through online sites and how often we have to get recertified for CPR and for First Aid?

* Do we need to get a physicians report each year for ourselves, even if nothing has changed?

* How often do we need to watch and do training on SIDS and also on Shaken Baby Syndrome?

My licensor is not getting back to me and I am just curious as to what I need to get done for the upcomming year! Are all of these things anual or how does it all work? Please Help....
Old 10-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

I think it varies from county to county in the state of MN, so your best bet would be to find out for sure from your licensor for your county! If you would like me to share my requirements I will and I am in MN, I just didn't want to post them on here in case what I have to do is different as to what you need and have to do....
Old 10-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

First aid cert is usually good for 3 years and CPR for one. Whether the state requires more often I am not sure. Have you looked on the state website? I am sure I read something there.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/rules/?topic=157215
Old 10-20-2010, 01:57 PM

I am pretty sure that you cannot do your first aid/CPR on-line. You do have to renew them every 3 years. Sometimes every year depending on the training you took in the first place, but every three years minimum.

You need to submit a physical form when being licensed and I have never been asked for one since. (I've been licensed for 16 years) Licensor says we only need one upon initial licensing process unless something happens that makes her think we are no longer capable of doing our job.

As far as the SIDS training video, we are required to take the training in person every 5 years and should view the video every year.

I believe the basic rules are the same state wide and counties only vary on little things but for the most part we are licensed BY the state of Minnesota to do childcare IN the county we live. Does that make sense? Hope this helps!

*update* Licensor says rules for FCC is same for everyone in MN. Some counties are just pickier than others when following the rules. We are all licensed through the state according to their rules, not the county.

Last edited by Blackcat31; 10-20-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added info after talking with licensor

Tags
certification, training