Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas for Days Where Everyone is Miserable...
newtodaycare22 06:16 PM 11-01-2010
I ask because I know this will be tomorrow! Both of my dck have lovely colds and I feel like tomorrow will be the worst of it. Of course, I'm also coming down with it now too. They don't have fevers so I know they'll be here bright and early...any lazy day activities besides movies that you can suggest?
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:29 PM 11-01-2010
Coloring...napping, which is my favorite when they are sick. Good luck!
Abigail 06:36 PM 11-01-2010
Since you already know some are sick, is it possible to remove some of the toys to avoid the endless cleaning of them after they're healthier? That is the first thing that came to my head to help it pass faster.

How about sitting in a circle and rolling a few different balls to each other? Table games usually work well like matching games and puzzles or even coloring for those who can do it alone without eating the crayons.

You could read a few extra books and build a "tent" to have them read the books in using a big blanket and chairs and pillows to throw on the ground. Playing music in the background that is soft might help the day go by easier too.
Blackcat31 08:16 AM 11-02-2010
Sometimes, when the weather gets bad and everyone has a cold and feeling sort of blah, we have a pajama day. I have all the kids wear pj's and slippers and bring a lovie from home, we rent a bunch of good movies and have popcorn and hot cocoa, order pizza for lunch (or do pb & j's) and just lay around ALL day and watch movies. The kids ALL love it! Even the older ones because we all need some down time and days where we are just lazy are wonderful pick me ups for everyone! We do this once or twice during the winter months and it has become a day they all look forward to!
Fro 02:12 PM 11-02-2010
I do the movie day also. I sometimes ask parents to bring one of the kids favorite movies from home also, that way they get to share their movie with everyone else, and we get to see something different.
but if the weather is nice, we tend to spend more time outside. seems a little wierd, but the fresh air does a lot of good for a cold, and helps keep everything in the house from getting germy. Kids tend to forget they are sick when they are outside too.
Tags:fun stuff, ideas
Reply Up