Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How About An "I'm Thankful" Thread?
sahm2three 08:32 AM 11-12-2010
It is November, and Thanksgiving is coming. I am going to try to focus on being thankful each day and saying I am thankful. Attitude of gratitude!

Today, I am thankful that in this economic climate, I have a job that helps provide for my family, and I get to remain at home with my kids!
sahm2three 08:36 AM 11-12-2010
I am also very thankful for Big Train No Sugar Added Mocha as well! They are heaven in a glass!!! YUMMY!
MommyMuffin 08:38 AM 11-12-2010
What a wonderful idea!!!!
I am thankful for this forum!
I am thankful for being able to be with my daughter all the time and for having such a supportive husband!
Blackcat31 08:49 AM 11-12-2010
I am in!!!! I am thankful for:

My healthy, happy family
My daycare children
For being 12 credits shy of graduating college
For my supportive friends
This wonderful forum where we share, complain, support and dish!!
BentleysBands 09:04 AM 11-12-2010
I"m thankful for being a SAHM/WAHM , my supportive DH and Percasets to kick this pain from my kidney stone
Lucy 09:33 AM 11-12-2010
I am thankful for all the kids that I've "raised" from infancy and all the way up to age 11. I am thankful that I have had a part in making 16 years worth of kids into the happy, normally adjusted citizens that they now are. I am thankful that that vast majority of them are still in contact with me. I am thankful that I have allowed them the freedom to learn & explore as normal, healthy children should. Amen.
laundrymom 09:55 AM 11-12-2010
Im thankful I dont have a kidney stone!!!!

Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
I"m thankful for being a SAHM/WAHM , my supportive DH and Percasets to kick this pain from my kidney stone

BentleysBands 10:01 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Im thankful I dont have a kidney stone!!!!
LMAO loved that one!!

but i can surely share isnt that what friends do?
laundrymom 10:04 AM 11-12-2010
hey, germs, cheating husbands and kidney stones are things we do not share. lol
laundrymom 10:07 AM 11-12-2010
seriously though,.. I am thankful to have wonderful children, my son is a freshman in college,.. doing ok,.. has a girlfriend we like, my daughter is taking ap classes, getting mostly a's, is pretty smart for her age as far as choices and decisions, she has a boyfriend we love,.. my middle daughter is AMAZING with a trumpet,.. getting good grades, hasnt gotten a boyfriend yet (thank you God) and loves spending time with us. My youngest, is really loving the guitar, doing good in school, still wrapping me around her finger, lol. Ive got good friends, loving family and a job I love. I go to bed with a clear head and heart,.. and wake up to a furry dog. =-) life is good.
momofsix 10:07 AM 11-12-2010
I'm thankful for:
My God
My Husband
My children
My daycare families and children
Diet Coke

I usually try to do this in the am before i get out of bed. I think of 10 things I'm thankful for-the first 3 are always the same, but the next 7 always change. I've been doing this for quite a while...and haven't yet run out of things to be thankful for! I am blessed!
jenh171 10:11 AM 11-12-2010
I'm thankful for my 2 beautiful daughters, a job that allows me to do the hokey pokey at 8am, my health, and spending my life with my soulmate who makes me want to live forever! Thank you, God!
kidkair 10:48 AM 11-12-2010
Momofsix I like you idea and may begin incorporating it into my routine as well.
I am thankful for:
The Gods and Goddesses
My soulmate
My family
My cat
My daycare kids
My house
My business
Electricity
Hot water
Books
SandeeAR 11:11 AM 11-12-2010
I'm thankful....

That Jesus Christ is my savior!
For my wonderful family.
For my wonderful church family.
For all my wonderful daycare families and kiddos.
That I can live a simple life and be happy with that.
AnythingsPossible 11:51 AM 11-12-2010
I'm thankful it is Friday!!!!!
Lilbutterflie 01:05 PM 11-12-2010
I am thankful for:

Jesus Christ
Healthy kids
Wonderful Hubby
My dck's and dcfamily
My DH and I both have jobs
Beautiful House
Great supportive friends
This forum
SilverSabre25 06:58 PM 11-12-2010
Love this idea!

I'm thankful for...
My husband and daughter
The little peanut in my tummy
The ability to work at home, making as much money as my DH
My kitty's tail (he's sleeping beside me right now and I love playing with the tail)
eh, the rest of my kitty too, I guess
Supportive online communities (this and one other)
having enough money to get by pretty comfortably
Caffeine, especially fizzy caffeine
My creativity that needs more exercise the rest of the year but gets plenty in November.
MommyMuffin 03:49 PM 11-13-2010
Today I am thankful that my hubby made some extra money and I got to buy a christmas wreath and a new outfit!! Yea!! Thank you God!
sahm1225 02:16 PM 11-14-2010
I am thankful that for my husbands 10 year anniversary at his company, they gave him a super cute kids table and chairs that matches perfectly with my newly decorated daycare area

I am also thankful for everything that we have accomplished this year. I was laid off unexpectedly (company shut down) and cried for weeks about it. Here I was pregnant and out of work. I am thankful I met a wonderful family that hired me as their summer nanny and let me bring my son with me, and they were the inspiration for my daycare.

I am thankful for my old daycare being such an amazing support system to help me open up my own daycare..
sahm1225 02:17 PM 11-14-2010
continued:

I am also thankful that when I got a collection notice for my husbands medical bills (accident involving a garage door) that right behind it was a check for some stocks that i had forgotten I had and sold...
Former Teacher 04:00 AM 11-15-2010
I am thankful for:

God
My family-DH, parents, sisters etc
My dog-I will explain
My job
My friends-real and online
My life in general

I am thankful for my dog for one reason. She has taught me that it is ok to love again.

I had a dog for 14 and a half years. She was in a nutshell, the love of my life (apart from DH of course!) She was such a faithful little animal. I had her from the age of 16 until 31. She was the best.

We had to let her go to the Rainbow Bridge on Nov. 23 2004. I took it extremely hard. The whole family (she was the family dog and my sister and I still lived at home with the parents) said no more dogs. However my mother would cry whenever she would come home saying the house was to quiet since we were always singing to our lost one.

Well it was decided 3 weeks later that yes we would get another family pet. So on Dec. 17 2004 we got a new best friend. I told myself that I would not get close to another animal as it was to much heartache.

However as they say, time heals all wounds. I will never forget. Our little girl had a toy named Raggy (all her toys have names ). I was sitting on the couch with a blank face just staring at her. She was swinging Raggy around, twisting her head in a circle. I was cracking up. My first immediate thought was..I was in love again. I didn't want to but I was.

One of the first toys I ever bought her was Quackers. Its a purple duck with a huge flowered hat. When she was a puppy, it was bigger than she was HAHA. She would sit there and growl and bark at it. Now she slams it against the floor growling. It is her favorite toy.

Sorry for such a long post. I just had to share how 2 animals brought me such love. My first animal taught me the power of love. While my current little girl taught me that it's ok to love again.
Lilbutterflie 05:50 AM 11-15-2010
I've already said what I'm thankful for, but I wanted to post about a note that came home from my DD's school (she's in kindergarten). I guess the teacher had gone around asking the kids what they were thankful for, and the teacher wrote it down on a note to send home to the parents. She wrote:
"I am thankful that Jesus died on the cross for our sins."
This is a public school, so no mention of religion. I know on this forum we all have our own beliefs, but I am sure we all can relate to the joy we get when our children start to cherish the beliefs that we have worked so hard to teach them! Aaaah, my heart just melted. I'm doing something right as a parent!
momofboys 06:26 AM 11-15-2010
I am thankful for good health for me, my husband & children. And happy that we have a roof over our heads & food to eat everyday. Anything above that is a gift from God!
misol 06:43 AM 11-15-2010
I am thankful for:

Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior
My beautiful, smart, healthy children
A roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, and food to eat
My mental and physical health
Loving and supportive family and friends
The opportunity to stay home and raise my own children
The ability to remain employed in this tough economy
Daycare enrollment picking up again
A great group of daycare kids
sahm2three 09:22 AM 11-15-2010
Today I am thankful for a slow daycare day, as it is Monday and sometimes that is good. I am also thankful for wonderful friends who were here over the weekend who we hardly ever see. Life is good!
laundrymom 11:01 AM 11-16-2010
and today I am thankful,... my husband wrecked our truck sunday morning and last night we found out our ded had recently dropped to 250 from 750. Blessings,... =-)
sahm2three 11:15 AM 11-16-2010
Today I am thankful for nap time!!!
kidkair 12:36 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Today I am thankful for nap time!!!
I came here to say that too! Nice long nap time today.
SilverSabre25 05:46 PM 11-16-2010
I'm thankful that a week from tomorrow is my last day before a nice four day weekend!!! I really need a break.
kidkair 03:20 PM 11-17-2010
I am thankful that when I ask my husband to do something he does it with little to no complaint.
laundrymom 06:24 PM 11-17-2010
Personally, I'm thankful for my children. Someone close to me is dealing with losing one of theirs tonight.
sahm2three 08:25 AM 11-18-2010
Today I am going to be thankful for my ear buds and my ipod as the colicky baby screams! In all seriousness, I am thankful for having as many kids as I have in care, and the comfort of having a waiting list!
MarinaVanessa 08:36 AM 11-18-2010
I am thankful for

1) A quick and easy delivery of my healthy son.

2) An awsomely easy newborn that only wakes up twice during the night and on a regular schedule (midnight and 3am), that doesn't whine or cry much (other than when he's hungry).

3) My newborn that can sleep through the Kirby vacuum noise even if I'm vacuuming directly under the swing that he's sleeping in .

4) A great and very hard working and supportive fiance that 50/50 parents with me (if you count that he takes care of, dresses, feeds, helps with homework etc. my 5yo DD while I care for the baby), helps with dishes, dinner, cleaning etc.

5) The fact that I can run a daycare from my home, do what I love which is to work with children, make income off of it AND spend time with my children each and every day.
Live and Learn 08:42 AM 11-18-2010
I am thankful for my husband, my parents, my extended family.
I am thankful for my sweet children.
Blackcat31 12:38 PM 11-18-2010
I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday and then the next week is a short one due to Thanksgiving!! Yah!!!!!
BentleysBands 05:55 AM 11-19-2010
i'm thankful that today is FRIDAY!!!
SilverSabre25 07:38 AM 11-19-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
i'm thankful that today is FRIDAY!!!
I was just coming into this thread to say that very thing! My group is mostly easy today and I'm getting some MUCH needed cleaning and decluttering done while they play contentedly (for the most part).
kidkair 11:32 AM 11-19-2010
I'm thankful it's Friday, I had two kids leave early, and I have a SA here which means I get a little extra money today
sahm2three 05:49 PM 11-19-2010
I am thankful that today is Friday, that I can enjoy a nice quiet evening home with my family and enjoy family movie night. I am thankful that our puppy seems to be getting the hang of potty training. Have a great weekend everyone!!!
sahm2three 07:03 AM 11-24-2010
Today I am once again going to be thankful for my earbuds! UGH! Colic sucks! I will also say that I am super duper thankful that I get a 4 day weekend!!! Yippeeeeeee!
AfterSchoolMom 01:17 PM 11-24-2010
I'm thankful for my blessed life. I'm also thankful for a 5 day break, and for my own children laughing while they play together in the next room.
MARSTELAC 07:03 AM 12-03-2010
....I am so thankful that I found this forum and all of you! Your wide/varied opinions and advice have gotten me through many a day. I think this has been the worst week yet and I am going to try to end my day with a smile because of you
Tags:positive, tgif, thankful
Reply Up