Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HELP. How do You Get Through the Day After no Sleep?
C'est la vie. 05:06 AM 04-28-2012
For whatever reason (or because of mild stress and multiple reasons) I did not get a single wink of sleep last night.

Now I'm up and off to a full day of mandatory training for work. I have a sitter coming over to watch the kids. I'll be home around 4:30 with any luck and my husband doesn't get home from work unitl after 7:30.

Does anyone have any good tricks to stay awake in a stuffy board room, then home, making supper, bathing kids, getting them ready for bed all after a night with no sleep at all?

I've never tried any energy drinks, so I wouldn't even know where to begin with those. Please HELP.
AnneCordelia 05:18 AM 04-28-2012
I would go with what I know and stick to coffee and Coke Classic. When I have to drive late at night I always fill up my bladder so that the need to pee keeps me awake. Maybe that might help? LOL.

I hope you can sneak in a 20 minute nap in your car during break.
MizzCheryl 06:42 AM 04-28-2012
Good luck to you. I have had several of these day with the kid but never in a stuffy board room. That stinks. You will do great. Keep a positive additude and predtend you feel well rested. MAKEUP!!!
when you look better you feel better.
MNMum 06:48 AM 04-28-2012
coffee....and keep eating, every couple hours. I worked the night shift for 4 years. When you get home, feed the kids something simple and cuddle if you can't keep going, let dad do bedtime when he gets home.
C'est la vie. 04:06 PM 04-28-2012
I MADE IT! We ended an hour early. I came home, woke the kids up from nap and drove our wonderful sitter home.
Now after only 6.5 hours on Program planning for Play. To. Learn. I'm home and counting down till bedtime! Woo hoo! So sleepy. It's a shame too after such a long week with depressing weather, I was stuck in doors and too exhausted to do much with my kids on the first beautiful day.

Oh well. I'll have a good night then get the kids out for tomorrow.
I made it on lots of caffeine. Gotta love coffee and Pepsi, and some great conversations with wonderful caregivers I work with. Thanks for the tips ladies. Now I just have to arrange a quick shower so that when I put my kids to sleep, I can hope in and fall asleep with one of them. 8 pm bedtime here I come!
Tags:can't sleep, long day
Reply Up