Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well, This Is A New One...
KIDZRMYBIZ 05:19 PM 07-17-2013
So, late this morning I thought my 1yo dcg bit my 1yo dcb on the arm. They were playing together in the playgate while I cooked the meat for our lunch today (kitchen right off the playroom). There was a howl, I saw the mark, and separated them by putting one in the exersaucer, smirking because HE had tried to bite HER last week.

Then, this afternoon while playing with dcb, I see he has another bite on his other arm! There is no way dcg did it. I never let them be together out of my sight again today, since there was already one mark to explain. That little stinkpot had to have bitten himself!

Just when I think I'd about seen it all...
NeedaVaca 05:36 PM 07-17-2013
I have a dcb that bites himself too! I have seen him do it and he wasn't mad about anything, just sitting there quietly,next thing I know his arm is in his mouth He doesn't do it often, maybe twice or so?
Scout 05:53 PM 07-17-2013
I have an almost 3yo dcg that bites herself when she is mad! Left a bruise on her arm that was dark enough for me to ask her what happened. She said, "I bit it in the car on the way here!"
Lyss 06:08 PM 07-17-2013
I have 2 that do this when upset/frustrated. Its slowly getting better, but my problem is I have a biter in the mix that the dcp's try to blame instead. "Well I rarely see her do this at home, biter must have gotten her when you weren't looking" fortunately this dcg doesn't have all her teeth and biter does so I can remind dcm it is actually dcg biting herself
Laurel 06:17 PM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by KMK:
So, late this morning I thought my 1yo dcg bit my 1yo dcb on the arm. They were playing together in the playgate while I cooked the meat for our lunch today (kitchen right off the playroom). There was a howl, I saw the mark, and separated them by putting one in the exersaucer, smirking because HE had tried to bite HER last week.

Then, this afternoon while playing with dcb, I see he has another bite on his other arm! There is no way dcg did it. I never let them be together out of my sight again today, since there was already one mark to explain. That little stinkpot had to have bitten himself!

Just when I think I'd about seen it all...
My grandson used to bite others and himself. He bit himself quite a bit. It is really weird the first time you see it.

Laurel
Reply Up