Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Do Parents Setup Meeting and Think It’s Okay To Just Not Show Up?
Lorna 07:50 PM 06-20-2014
I really don't get this. I think of all my appointments people setup looking for daycare that maybe 1/2 show for the appointment. No call or message to cancel just don't show up. I had a women suppose to be here shortly after 4. Around 4:30 I sent a message and asked her is she was still coming. No reply until 8 pm and she says her life is so hectic and that she had to grocery shopping and get her son to camp. She puts u will have to try another day. and she is looking at other home daycares as well. Thanks and sorry.

How rude! Last week same thing someone said there son got sick. Didn't even bother to send me a message. Just didn't show up.
BumbleBee 07:57 PM 06-20-2014
I don't get it either. I had a parent no show for an interview/tour then asked to reschedule. I rescheduled & they no showed for that too! A month later the same parent called to see if I had openings....I lied & told her no.
DaisyMamma 07:59 PM 06-20-2014
You will have to try a different day?
Um no. She missed her appt and therefore her opportunity to even interview with your daycare! You do not want them in your daycare anyway.

I do end calls and emails when making appointments with "if anything comes up, just let me know" and it seems to have helped but it does happen.
TwinKristi 08:14 PM 06-20-2014
I've only had 2 people no-show on me. I would never interview again on a no-show!!! I confirm with families the day before if we set it up more than a few day before. the
sweet_cakes 08:14 PM 06-20-2014
If a parent doesn't call/show up, I do not contact them again and make a mental note to not communicate with that parent again. With that being said...

There was a prospective parent once who I had quite a few emails with. She made an appointment and never showed...then kept emailing me new emails inquiring about care. I ignored the first few and then she sent me an email asking why I was ignoring her emails. I finally responded that she had an appointment on x day and time that she never showed and wished her luck in her search. She responded that she never showed because she called me to "get directions" and I "never answered" The kicker was I never gave her my number! She liked to communicate via email, so we never spoke on the phone - plus she already had my address
TheGoodLife 08:20 PM 06-20-2014
I explain that I will give my address when they confirm the morning/day of the interview. That way if they haven't gotten ahold of me, I'm not expecting them. I still spend a lot of time cleaning/prepping- but I'm not waiting around for them at the time, AND I have a nice, clean home and daycare to enjoy
midaycare 08:21 PM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
You will have to try a different day?
Um no. She missed her appt and therefore her opportunity to even interview with your daycare! You do not want them in your daycare anyway.

I do end calls and emails when making appointments with "if anything comes up, just let me know" and it seems to have helped but it does happen.

Lorna 08:06 AM 06-21-2014
So irritating when people do it. This last one really rubbed me the wrong way by saying "u will have to try another day". There is very little for spots in our town. Two home daycares closing and a daycare center closing. She screwed herself. As she is probably going to find out since I found out she is friends with one of my daycare moms. The mom was like great maybe we can carpool together. lol I don't think she knows her friend very well.
e.j. 09:50 AM 06-21-2014
Originally Posted by Lorna:
This last one really rubbed me the wrong way by saying "u will have to try another day".
That would rub me the wrong way, too! I never used to have problems with parents showing up for interviews but lately, there seem to be more and more.

I had an interview scheduled with one woman a while ago. When we set up the interview for 9:30, I had explained that I could do it then but we'd have to end it no later than 11:00 so I could run to the school to pick my son up for a dr. appointment. Time went by and she ever showed so I left a little after 11:00. I came home to a really pissy voice mail saying she had put her baby down for a nap and he slept later than usual. She arrived at 11:45 to find I wasn't here. When I called her back, I reminded her that our appointment was scheduled for 9:30 and that I had to get my son to an appointment. I told her when I didn't hear from her, I assumed she was no longer interested and I left for the appointment. Her response to me was, "You mean you expected me to call if I was going to be late??!!" Me:"Well.....yes! That's just proper etiquette!" I was dumb enough to set up a second interview with her and she was late for that one, too! Some people just don't get it.
Tags:interview - no show, no show
Reply Up