Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Claiming Own Child's Summer Camp on Taxes
cuphalfful04 06:43 PM 05-04-2015
So , I think I read somewhere that I can claim my own son's summer camp on my taxes if he's sent to it due to my daycare. My son is so much older than my infant/toddlers that I know he will make working this summer miserable. I have never sent him to camp before but, if I can claim it as necessary so that I can successfully run my business, I was thinking of doing it. Any idea if it can be claimed? TIA..
AmyKidsCo 06:54 PM 05-04-2015
That's a great question! Unfortunately I don't know the answer... I wonder if summer school would be the same. Summer school for enrichment, not remedial.
Play Care 02:57 AM 05-05-2015
Yes you can claim your child's camps. Tom Copeland had an article about it just recently (before the tax deadline)
M&Mgal 08:40 AM 05-05-2015
Yes, but only if they go to a day camp. I'm claiming it for my 11 year old son; we pay for him to go to private school. Here's the article: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2014/....html#comments
Thriftylady 11:28 AM 05-05-2015
I don't know the answers, but I can tell you my daughter loved going to camp. Still does, she works there now lol. I always loved camp also it is great for kids if you can find one they really like. I guess we have been lucky though, because our church camp is a non-profit and owned by 60 churches most of our weeks are $200 a week or less, I know many of them are way more than that. Ours takes donations of food like cereal, salad dressings all that from the member churches. So we have been lucky.
Reply Up