Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop Off/Pick Up 30 Minute Window?
NeedaVaca 08:33 AM 08-29-2013
Do you allow a 30 minute window for pick ups or drop offs? I have a family asking to drop off between 8:00-8:30 and pick up between 5:00-5:30. They will not be my earliest drop off or my last pick up for the day but I'm not sure I like the idea. I am anticipating problems...what are your thoughts? Do any of you allow this?
Blackcat31 08:36 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Do you allow a 30 minute window for pick ups or drop offs? I have a family asking to drop off between 8:00-8:30 and pick up between 5:00-5:30. They will not be my earliest drop off or my last pick up for the day but I'm not sure I like the idea. I am anticipating problems...what are your thoughts? Do any of you allow this?
I allow a 15 minute window.

30 minutes is waaay too long IMHO. Why do they need such a big window?

Even my dentist and doctor's office only allow a 10 minute window...anything after 10 minutes and they mark you a no show.

I wouldn't want to wait around for 30 minutes waiting....

I agree that it will probably become more of a hassle than not.
CedarCreek 08:39 AM 08-29-2013
My window is also 15. Is their commute time variability a problem for them?

Do you charge late fees at all? I'm wondering if they are trying to avoid a late fee.
Leigh 09:24 AM 08-29-2013
I do not allow early drop offs at all that are not prearranged. I allow 15 minutes for pickup.
Rachel 09:28 AM 08-29-2013
I serve breakfast at 8, they know that if they come after no breakfast. They know if we are at the park, they will have to meet us there. If they are coming after their "regular" time I ask to be notified, but other than that I just get on with my day. I close at 4:30. Period. End. Of. Story. I do ask if they are coming earlier than "normal" for them to let me know so I can be ready.
melilley 09:58 AM 08-29-2013
I do. I have contracted hours, so I would just have them contract for 8-5:30. I don't go on field trips and am always here so I don't care when they drop off or pick up as long as it's within the contracted hours. If they need care before or after their contracted hours, they need to ask me in advance.
Maria2013 10:07 AM 08-29-2013
a "30 minutes" yes I would! ...I've had parents tried try the "some time in the morning" window and that I would not do (on occasion, maybe)
MsLaura529 10:43 AM 08-29-2013
Most of my kids have a large pick-up window, depending on which parent is picking them up that day. For example: One DCG can get picked up anytime between 3:30-4 if her dad is picking up, and then if he doesn't pick her up b then, sometime around 4:30 is when her mom would pick her up. This is the way it is for a couple of my kids. Their drop off times are pretty consistent.
butterfly 10:57 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Most of my kids have a large pick-up window, depending on which parent is picking them up that day. For example: One DCG can get picked up anytime between 3:30-4 if her dad is picking up, and then if he doesn't pick her up b then, sometime around 4:30 is when her mom would pick her up. This is the way it is for a couple of my kids. Their drop off times are pretty consistent.
Yep, here too. I don't really care too much, unless it's a real early pickup and we have activities planned. I know that some days they may need a few more minutes, etc. I don't care as long as they are picked up by closing time.
Reply Up