Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Share you Mother's Day Craft
yodaone 07:56 AM 05-02-2016
Let's share our mother's day craft ideas! Ready... go!
Crazy8 08:50 AM 05-02-2016
I was just searching pinterest for something new that maybe I haven't done a bunch of times in the last 15 years, lol!

I am thinking maybe a canvas tote bag with the kids painting on them. Tired of flower handprints but will either do those or handprint sun or maybe just let them go to town painting on them and have "mom" in tape or something to peel off.

Would love some other ideas!
Baby Beluga 08:55 AM 05-02-2016
We are doing shrinky dink necklaces:

http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2012/05...r-mothers-day/
Sunshine74 09:51 AM 05-02-2016
We made keychains with beads and a Sculpy (clay) heart at the bottom with their fingerprint. I will post a picture after nap.
Unregistered 09:51 AM 05-02-2016
Michael's keyrings. Pic on one side, drawing with name & year on the other. Haven't done them for a while but moms seem to like them.
Josiegirl 10:05 AM 05-02-2016
We're making oven mitts with the handprint in fabric paint, then printing Happy Mother's Day, Love, ...... 2016. In the process of doing cards too. I just have to find a cute Mom's Day poem I haven't used before and print off pictures of them. It's so hard when you've been doing this a lot of years and I am NOT an original creative thinker..

For some reason I thought I had another week to procrastinate but found out it's THIS Sunday. Ackkkk
NillaWafers 11:37 AM 05-02-2016
We are doing a bunch of stuff. Handprint flowers, we did the "all about my mom questionnaire", we are going to mix Epsom salts with some coloring and essential oil to make lavender bath salts, package them in a small mason jar. I'm also going to take pictures of the kids holding a sign that says, "My mom is awesome because....." and fill in what they say. I have a nice camera so I"ll print those and give them to them.

It's mother's day week here. Too bad I teach my own kids so I don't get these nice things myself
Unregistered 04:44 PM 05-02-2016
I bought plain wooden frames and black chalkboard paint. Developed pictures of the kids. Having the children paint the frame them use chalk to decorate it for their moms. Cost me less than $3 per child.
Michael 05:31 PM 05-02-2016
More crafts here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82334
Sunchimes 08:19 PM 05-02-2016
I just have 2 kids, one barely 2, one not quite 2. I try to do things that they can do most of, so that I'm not sending home my own work.

I traced their arms and hands and used them as patterns for 2 crafts. One is a tree, with hands as the trunk and branches. They glued hearts on the tree like leaves. I used the full arm on their cards. I printed out a poem, then crisscrossed the construction paper arms like a hug.

I'll also do the handprint flower pot. I was going to do a paper plate garden, but I may let that go.

Thank goodness for Pinterest.
Sunchimes 08:23 PM 05-02-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Michael's keyrings. Pic on one side, drawing with name & year on the other. Haven't done them for a while but moms seem to like them.
What are Michael's keyrings? I'm already searching for Father's day ideas.
LovingLife 07:46 AM 05-03-2016
I've got a variety of ages. We colored with markers (or fingerprint flowers, or thumbprint hearts) on tissue paper cut to size. I wrapped it around a plain candle, and heated it with a hairdryer to melt the picture onto the candle. They turned out pretty cute.
Unregistered 09:12 AM 05-03-2016
Craft store - Michael's, probably other craft stores too - sells a plastic rectangle attached to a key ring. Kids color on a paper insert, or do any flat kind of art really, and I always have put a picture of the child in too and if kids are writing, they can write their name too. You snap two pieces of plastic together with the art and pics in between the plastic pieces. Wrap it, make a card, done. Each time we've done it moms have loved it - their child is always with them.

Babies or toddlers can do fingerprints or fingerpaint.
Sunchimes 12:47 PM 05-03-2016
Oh. I was thinking our Michael had posted an idea sometime in the past. It's been a long week. Thanks.
hope 05:42 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by LovingLife:
I've got a variety of ages. We colored with markers (or fingerprint flowers, or thumbprint hearts) on tissue paper cut to size. I wrapped it around a plain candle, and heated it with a hairdryer to melt the picture onto the candle. They turned out pretty cute.
I saw your post and went on youtube to see how this is done. It is beautiful! Lools like you can do soap also with the same process. Can these candles be lit?
LovingLife 06:01 PM 05-03-2016
The directions I followed said that you can burn the candle like normal. We used markers, stamp pads (for fingerprints) and acrylic paint and all worked well! I didn't know about the soap...that's another fun idea!
thrivingchildcarecom 06:04 PM 05-03-2016
My assistant found a cool, inexpensive craft on pinterest. You get a dessert size ceramic plate (of course I picked up mine from the .99$ store), then the kids draw free form or if they are a little older maybe a sketch of mom using sharpie permanent markers. My assistant then wrote Happy Mother's Day, the child's name and year. Then I baked them in a 200 degree oven for 45 min. You put them in a cold oven and then turn it on. After 45 min, cut the oven off but let the plates cool in the oven for another 45 min. That's it. A personalized keepsake. Cheap, easy and the kids actually do the project. Even the little ones where able to participate.
Sunshine74 10:55 AM 05-04-2016
Here are ours.
Attached: IMG_20160504_104438851.jpg (46.5 KB) 
holly333 11:45 AM 05-06-2016
Last minute project here and it turned out pretty cute! I got wine glasses at the thrift store and had the kids do handprints on them to make "mommy's sippy cup". Then I wrote in their cards Happy Mother's Day, love one of the reasons you drink not sure if I added the picture correctly here?
Attached: image.jpg (115.0 KB) 
thrivingchildcarecom 12:17 PM 05-06-2016
http://thrivingchildcare.theblogpres...iation-Day.jpg

NillaWafers 12:41 PM 05-06-2016
http://thetraditionalmillennial.com/...s-mothers-day/

Some shameless blog whoring. I really enjoyed making these and taking the pictures! The kids helped mix the color and essential oils in.

We also made those popsicle frames, and did flower fingerpainting today.
Second Home 12:46 PM 05-06-2016
We traced the dck's hands , cut them out and glued them on paper with stems . It was a bouquet of hand print flowers .
Elizabeth80 09:29 AM 01-07-2017
Hi everybody,
these are all amazing ideas for what to do on mother's day. I need you help on what to do on mother's day with a baby. I have three-month-old daughter and I want to spend this special day with her and my husband. I have found some amazing ideas online but I need a second opinion. I wanted to organize a family picnic or a family walk.There are also more ideas on baby site. What do you think about these ideas.
Thanks
Play Care 05:10 AM 01-09-2017
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
http://thetraditionalmillennial.com/...s-mothers-day/

Some shameless blog whoring. I really enjoyed making these and taking the pictures! The kids helped mix the color and essential oils in.

We also made those popsicle frames, and did flower fingerpainting today.
Just seeing this now.
Gorgeous blog!

But, what is liquid watercolor? Paint? Food coloring?
Does it stain the bath?
Tags:mother's day crafts
Reply Up