Mom only 10 22.22%
Dad only 0 0%
Both Mom and Dad equally 33 73.33%
Grandparent 0 0%
Aunt, Uncle, or other relative 0 0%
Family Friend 1 2.22%
None of the above 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Poll Who Participates In Drop Off/Pick Up Of DCK
daycare 09:19 AM 10-04-2011
Hey guys,

I am going to be starting a class next week about dealing with business clients. My teacher was a DCProvider for 25 years and now is the head instructor at the college where I attend. She runs the child care center on campus as well as teaches classes dealing strictly with running a daycare/center. I love her classes they are great!

One of the topics that we will discuss will be dealing with the parents! Yes I can't wait for this. I need this..After reading a lot of the materials, it seems like most of the information offered is directed towards women. How to deal with them mostly.

I was wondering what the % of men is that helps or participates in droping off/picking up DCKs each day. Who do you deal with most on a daily basis? Mom or Dad, or other....grandparent, family friend, other relative?

I know that this may be difficult to answer, as you have multiple children, but if you could just based off of your overall averages....I hope that this explains well....lol sorry
AnneCordelia 09:24 AM 10-04-2011
I have 3 families. With my first family only the mom does dropoffs and pickups. With my second and third family the dad drops off and the mom picks up.

I find that the moms always want to chat but the dads just want to drop and go. If there's anything business related to attend to the mom's will typically bring it up to me. If I want to bring something up though I prefer to go to the dads at dropoff because they take what I say at face value and don't try to interpret meaning or emotion that's not there.
daycare 09:28 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
I have 3 families. With my first family only the mom does dropoffs and pickups. With my second and third family the dad drops off and the mom picks up.

I find that the moms always want to chat but the dads just want to drop and go. If there's anything business related to attend to the mom's will typically bring it up to me. If I want to bring something up though I prefer to go to the dads at dropoff because they take what I say at face value and don't try to interpret meaning or emotion that's not there.
interesting! Yes us women are sensitive! Well at least I know I am. Thanks for responding. i am hoping that i will be able to use this information for my class..
Blackcat31 09:33 AM 10-04-2011
I have 4 families (one with 2 children under 3) that I deal with the dads ONLY.
With one of them, they have been in care for 3 years and I have seen mom maybe once per year.

I see every single dad of my daycare kids atleast twice per week. Usually one parent drops off and the other picks up.
morgan24 09:50 AM 10-04-2011
I have one family that dcm drops off and dcd picks up. The other family is the other way around. I have one mom who is a widow, she drops off and picks up her twins, maybe once or twice a month grandma will.
snbauser 10:11 AM 10-04-2011
I picked Mom and Dad equally. I have 11 families. Of them Dad drops off and Mom picks up for 7 of them. 1 Dad drops off and Grandma usually picks up. 1 Dad picks up and drops off. 1 Mom drops off and picks up. 1 Dad drops off and older sister usually picks up.
Crazy8 10:17 AM 10-04-2011
I voted mom/dad equally but I have 2 kids right now where dads are much more involved and want the details on the kids days more than the moms do and I have 2 where moms do both drop off and pick up. But I voted based on the last 10 years - most often one drops off, the other picks up.
WImom 11:10 AM 10-04-2011
I deal with mostly dads picking up and dropping off. Only three of my families do I see the mom.
GotKids 11:23 AM 10-04-2011
I had to pick both but even though both parents participate mom is still primary in most cases.
DCMom 11:29 AM 10-04-2011
I have 9 families. Two are dad only; two are mom only and the remaining 5 are pretty much shared equally, so I figured that worked out to mom and dad equally.
MissAnn 11:43 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Hey guys,

I am going to be starting a class next week about dealing with business clients. My teacher was a DCProvider for 25 years and now is the head instructor at the college where I attend. She runs the child care center on campus as well as teaches classes dealing strictly with running a daycare/center. I love her classes they are great!

One of the topics that we will discuss will be dealing with the parents! Yes I can't wait for this. I need this..After reading a lot of the materials, it seems like most of the information offered is directed towards women. How to deal with them mostly.

I was wondering what the % of men is that helps or participates in droping off/picking up DCKs each day. Who do you deal with most on a daily basis? Mom or Dad, or other....grandparent, family friend, other relative?

I know that this may be difficult to answer, as you have multiple children, but if you could just based off of your overall averages....I hope that this explains well....lol sorry
I would say 50/50 of men and women. Even 50/50 of the grandparents. Right now no aunts or uncles pick up. I'd love to be in that class!
GrannyJ 11:46 AM 10-04-2011
I have 3 families; one is a single mom so she drops off and grandma picks up 3 out of 5 days a week. The other family mom drops off dad picks up but I deal with only mom in all daycare matters dad says hi and bye nothing else. The other dad drops off and picks up I have only seen mom a couple of times. With this said I didn't know how to vote!
daycare 11:49 AM 10-04-2011
Wow! I am surprised again at the results so far. thanks ladies for participating.

My dads are lazy...ok they are not lazy, I am sure they do what works for them. NONE of my DCK dad's are currently participating in ANYTHING to do with thier kids....In the past I had one father who did.....
sharlan 11:53 AM 10-04-2011
family #1 - no one drops off, child walks downstairs - Mom comes home before Dad

family #2 - Mom does all of drop offs - 50/50 between who picks up

family #3 - Mom does all drop offs, never met Dad - no pick up as Mom picks up at school

family #4 - only Dad does drop off, no Mom in picture - maternal grandparents pick up 3 days a week, paternal grandmother picks up 2 days a week (TOO MANY CHIEFS in this boy's life, IMHO)
mismatchedsocks 12:15 PM 10-04-2011
I have alot of families. Lets see..

family 1 Dad drops off, dad picks up. ( mom does about 10 times a year) Difft shifts.
family2 Whoever is not running late drops her off, dad,mom,aunt,grandma whoever can get her picks her up. I never know, neither do they I dont think!
Family 3 Divorced family 50/50 times.
Faimly 4 Dad drops off mom AND dad pick up.
Family 5 Mom drops off, mom picks up. Even if dad is home.
Family 6 Dad drops off, mom picks up
Family 7 Mom drops off, dad picks up
family 8 Mom drops off and picks up(going through break up but dad will start to pick up)
Family 9 Mom drops off mom picks up
Family 10 Grandma drops off, grandpa picks up.
KEG123 02:18 PM 10-04-2011
One family it's mostly mom right now, but normally 50/50. The other family is dad drops off 100% of the time, mom picks up every other week so 50% of the time.
kendallina 03:21 PM 10-04-2011
I voted mom only, but that's based off averages, as that's what you asked for. But, I have 1 family where grandma does all the pick-ups/drop-offs and one family where I only see dad. Everyone else is moms most of the time.
Heidi 04:21 PM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:

2 families...

One mom does both, occasionally dad or another relative

2nd family mom drops off, dad picks up. Mom's generally want to talk, dad's want to cut-and-run...
KBCsMommy 04:42 PM 10-04-2011
I have 5 families.
For all of them Moms drop off and dad picks up!!

Ditto on the moms are chatty! Dads cut and run!!!

Every morning is like a hen house here!!!
mom2many 05:23 PM 10-04-2011
I have 3 families where mom drops off and dad picks up. I also have 3 single moms and I never see the dads and 2 other families and the moms work right down the street from me and live far away, so I never see those dads either.
jojosmommy 07:02 PM 10-04-2011
I have two families. Family 1: Dad drops off every morning and either mom and dad pick up together or dad picks up. Family 2: Mom and dad switch off drop offs and pick ups but dad does more of both than mom does by far. I clicked Dad and Mom equally but in reality I think you should have an option that states that dad picks up/drops off more often than mom since that is the case here.
tbutler 07:35 AM 10-05-2011
Family 1: mom always drops off and picks up b/c she works near my house. Grandma picks up when mom is in training or Dad picks up when he gets off work early. Mom works for school district.

Family 2: mom always drops off and aunt picks up. Single mom.

Family 3: mom drops off and grandma picks up.
Tags:drop off, pick up, poll
Reply Up