Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really? *eyeroll*
Lucy 01:05 PM 02-14-2013
I have a DCG who was out yesterday and today due to a throat virus. She's out tomorrow because Dad has the day off. I'm in a back room during nap time (west coast here), and the Mom AND kid just came to the door!! I'm positive it was to bring Valentine's. I'm NOT answering it!! 1) it's nap time, 2) I don't want the throat virus germs in my house!! Get real, lady!! I just sat back here and giggled to myself. Just heard her car start up. She's gone. "Oops, didn't hear you!!"
allsmiles 01:06 PM 02-14-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I have a DCG who was out yesterday and today due to a throat virus. She's out tomorrow because Dad has the day off. I'm in a back room during nap time (west coast here), and the Mom AND kid just came to the door!! I'm positive it was to bring Valentine's. I'm NOT answering it!! 1) it's nap time, 2) I don't want the throat virus germs in my house!! Get real, lady!! I just sat back here and giggled to myself. Just heard her car start up. She's gone. "Oops, didn't hear you!!"
bwahahahahaahaha LOOOVEEE IT!!!
Lucy 02:15 PM 02-14-2013
Ok, here's the kicker. As she started to drive off, my husband was coming home.... She came back!!! He came walking in with roses... with Mom and sick DCG behind!!!

While most people would drop off their Valentines and go, she stayed and gabbed about the girl's illness, about how she and her husband don't do anything for V Day, what their weekend plans were, etc. Probably 10 min. I went in the kitchen and put my roses in a vase and "arranged" them, etc. thinking she'd just leave if I wasn't participating in the conversation, but she kept on!

And she kind of took away a moment! Meaning I wanted to hug my husband and thank him for the flowers in private. Instead, I waited a couple min till I saw she wasn't leaving, then went ahead and hugged and thanked him in front of her. Didn't seem to phase her in the least! In fact, that's what prompted her to talk about how she and hubby don't do V Day. I finally just stopped responding at all and she finally left. You just have to drop a brick on some people!!
Starburst 03:35 PM 02-14-2013
I understand she was trying to be nice by dropping off the cards and stuff but I see what you mean it's like 'seriously? Hello, just because the kids are sleeping doesn't mean they are any less suseptable to germs- so just keep it short and leave!' If your child is too ill to be in daycare for the day- that means they should not visit until they are well again. And visiting at nap time, while it is less chaotic at this time, can still disrupt the sleeping children.

Next time I would say "Well, I really should get back to cleaning/record keeping/ doing taxes" (just nothing that sounds fun) usually when you talk about needing to do boring stuff people tend to want to leave. Also recheck your sick policies and maybe if you do a weekly/monthly newsletter or something maybe post "friendly reminders" of some policies once in a while. Maybe add in your policies something about visiting on days your child is not schedualed (at least calling first to make sure you have time- if they really need to talk to you about something).

Also if her daughter was there, it's not good to talk about your marital/relationship issues with her spouse infront of her child! Big no-no!
Lucy 04:03 PM 02-14-2013
Yeah, I hear ya. But it wasn't a story about marital problems. She was saying they choose to do date nights and give flowers throughout the year instead of waiting for V Day.
CedarCreek 05:02 PM 02-14-2013
I wonder if she would have shut up a little quicker if you gave dh a French kiss for the roses
Lucy 10:37 PM 02-15-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
I wonder if she would have shut up a little quicker if you gave dh a French kiss for the roses

Too funny!!!!
Tags:not answering the door, sick policy
Reply Up