Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well drat :(
Josiegirl 09:19 AM 06-05-2017
Evidently I went over my personal allotted days off for the year, for our subsidy payments. We're allowed 15 days a year, and that includes holidays we close for, anything at all. I never keep track because in my years of doing this, I have never ever gone over. Wanting a 4 day weekend over Memorial Day this year cost me. Now I have to go check my own policies and see what I've got in there. I know I put things like 'you're paying for enrollment, not attendance' but not sure if that would be clear enough for the subsidy issue I'm facing. I guess what I'll have to do is add a paragraph that clearly states even with subsidized parents, they're expected to pay in cases like this. Then start charging them next time.

What do you all have in your policies regarding issues like this?
Blackcat31 09:23 AM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Evidently I went over my personal allotted days off for the year, for our subsidy payments. We're allowed 15 days a year, and that includes holidays we close for, anything at all. I never keep track because in my years of doing this, I have never ever gone over. Wanting a 4 day weekend over Memorial Day this year cost me. Now I have to go check my own policies and see what I've got in there. I know I put things like 'you're paying for enrollment, not attendance' but not sure if that would be clear enough for the subsidy issue I'm facing. I guess what I'll have to do is add a paragraph that clearly states even with subsidized parents, they're expected to pay in cases like this. Then start charging them next time.

What do you all have in your policies regarding issues like this?
I have a separate info/form for families on assistance.
It explains that THEY are responsible for ALL fees, costs and days/hours the child care assistance program does not cover.

I PM'ed it to you.
Josiegirl 09:37 AM 06-05-2017
Thanks BC, perfect!!
lovemydaycare0912 09:38 AM 06-05-2017
Same here. In the rate agreement they sign it states they are responsible for anything the assistance does not cover.
hwichlaz 10:10 AM 06-05-2017
I do the same, but because they are on assitance and money is super tight for them, I make sure to remind them way in advance to make room in their budget for an upcoming closure.
Tags:subsidy issues
Reply Up