Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tuition reminder?
Baby Beluga 03:41 PM 03-20-2015
My sibling set was just picked up by their grandparents who are in from out of town. Tuition is due today and grandparents did not pay it. Should I send a text to mom with a little reminder that tuition is due today to avoid late fees come Monday? (text is generally how we communicate).

Here are my thoughts:

I never send out reminders for tuition or days closed. Parents don't have to remind me to be open on time, I shouldn't have to remind them to pay on time.

On the other hand they did have a family death last week and things are a little off with grandparents being here.

What would you do?
daycare 04:01 PM 03-20-2015
If they were a family that was always in good standing with me I total would shoot a text and say just a friendly reminder payment is due today.
kathiemarie 04:04 PM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
If they were a family that was always in good standing with me I total would shoot a text and say just a friendly reminder payment is due today.

daycarediva 05:34 PM 03-20-2015
I would, too. I rarely have families forget, but I do send a courtesy reminder if they don't pay the last time I see them or at pickup. I don't want a late fee, I want to be paid on time. I DO charge it if they don't pay though, no exceptions.
Second Home 05:45 PM 03-20-2015

I agree.
Baby Beluga 06:59 PM 03-20-2015
Thank you everyone! I sent mom a friendly reminder text and I am glad I did.

Mom left the money in an envelope for grandparents to drop off and they forgot so dad ran it over. They are a wonderful family and I haven't had any trouble from them.
Reply Up