Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Who Will You Vote For President?
Obama/Biden 38 48.10%
Romney/Ryan 36 45.57%
Other 3 3.80%
Undecided 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2nd Presidential Debate - Your Vote for President
Michael 09:40 PM 10-16-2012
As with the other Polls on the Presidential debate I am polling this one on who you will vote for, not who won the debate. I would like to see if the debates move the numbers.

Here are the other polls:

First Presidential Debate Results

Vice-Presidential Debate Results

laundrymom 03:36 AM 10-17-2012
I'm still undecided. I truly feel conflicted by everything this year. I really wish Phineas & Ferb were an option. :-/
AnneCordelia 04:40 AM 10-17-2012
I love that Obama spoke up about the value of women. I was sad Romneys vision of equality has women getting g off work at 5 so they can get home to cook and clean for their families. Ick Romney.
MyAngels 05:16 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I'm still undecided. I truly feel conflicted by everything this year. I really wish Phineas & Ferb were an option. :-/
I agree. It's my opinion that it will come down to the undecided voters, and when people step into that voting booth I think they'll vote to keep the status quo. I guess we'll see in November.
SunshineMama 05:21 AM 10-17-2012
In all fairness to Romney, he wasn't saying that women are in charge of making dinner and taking care of the kids. The point he was trying to make is that there needs to be more flexibility for women in the workplace.

We can all act offended like he isn't giving women equal rights, but let's be real: Women are still the ones who do most of the childcare, housework, cooking, etc for the family. AND women are also working outside of the home.

I think that flexibility is really important in the workplace. The women's movement was supposed to be about choice, and women are ending up shouldering not only the homefront but also the workplace now. I know that if I was able to get a good paying job outside of the home that allowed me to prioritize my family needs, I would not be doing daycare right now.

The Obama campaign is making a huge effort to make Romney look like he doesnt care for womens rights, and that Romney's vision of women is outdated. Romney's state had some of the highest quantity of women in his staff than any other state. He is employing qualified women, AND providing them with flexibility to manage their homes as well. He is realistic about the needs of women in the workplace and on the home front.
lovemykidstoo 05:24 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
In all fairness to Romney, he wasn't saying that women are in charge of making dinner and taking care of the kids. The point he was trying to make is that there needs to be more flexibility for women in the workplace.

We can all act offended like he isn't giving women equal rights, but let's be real: Women are still the ones who do most of the childcare, housework, cooking, etc for the family. AND women are also working outside of the home.

I think that flexibility is really important in the workplace. The women's movement was supposed to be about choice, and women are ending up shouldering not only the homefront but also the workplace now. I know that if I was able to get a good paying job outside of the home that allowed me to prioritize my family needs, I would not be doing daycare right now.

The Obama campaign is making a huge effort to make Romney look like he doesnt care for womens rights, and that Romney's vision of women is outdated. Romney's state had some of the highest quantity of women in his staff than any other state. He is employing qualified women, AND providing them with flexibility to manage their homes as well. He is realistic about the needs of women in the workplace and on the home front.
Well said.
wahmof3 05:47 AM 10-17-2012

Amen to this!!!!
SunflowerMama 06:05 AM 10-17-2012

I respectfully disagree. I think that Obama has proven his dedication and commitment to women and women's rights. In comparison both Romney and Ryan have made statements about, and voted on, issues that would in my opinon, force women to take a step back.

He might have binders of women working for him and that's great but he can't say whether he supports the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act or the Paycheck Fairness Act.

He wants to cut funding for Planned Parenthood which I personally used in college for a multitude of services beyond contraception. He and Ryan both supported a bill that would make abortions, even in the case of rape or incest, illegal. Ryan also co-sponsored extreme “personhood” legislation that would ban all abortions and some common forms of birth control, and also co-sponsored legislation to redefine rape. Romney also supports the Blunt-Rubio amendment, which would let employers make decisions about which women’s health services they wanted to cover, which could limit women’s access to birth control, the HPV vaccine, and even cancer screenings. Ryan supported similar legislation in Congress.

I just think Romney and Ryan are way out of the mainstream on women’s health. With a disconnect there I think it would be hard to argue that their personal thinking and political support would be much different when it comes to women in the workplace.
JenNJ 06:09 AM 10-17-2012
But why can't Romney understand that flexibility to ALL workers is what is best for women and helps close that gap? I see a LOT of women with flex schedules now, which is great. But what a lot of women need is an equally flexible schedule for their partners so that they aren't doing it all alone.

Giving preferential treatment to women in the workforce isn't equality. Equality is fighting for reasonable labor laws for ALL workers, not just women. Paternity leave for men, without judgement; paid time off/flex schedules for men so that they can deal with family illness/emergencies/etc.; and moving past the boys club that is after hours networking. Understanding that kids need their fathers as much as they need their mothers. Not holding back any worker who values family above business.

That is what will shatter the glass ceiling. Equal working rights for both sexes.
crazydaycarelady 06:13 AM 10-17-2012
I will vote for Romney but I am pretty sure Obama will win the election. Obama has run a smart campaign and has targeted college students, people getting a services, and he has the support of minorities. That adds up to a lot of people who want to keep the stauts quo.
SunflowerMama 06:30 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I will vote for Romney but I am pretty sure Obama will win the election. Obama has run a smart campaign and has targeted college students, people getting a services, and he has the support of minorities. That adds up to a lot of people who want to keep the stauts quo.
The way you stated that, your group sounds a lot like the 47%. I think we need to be more compassionate as a country than to continue to make blanket statements about entire socio-ecomonic groups. Not all folks receiving assistance are abusing the system, not all minorities are democrats , and not all college students are so un-educated to the issues of the world that they'll just vote for the guy that promises them a free t-shirt.
Willow 07:57 AM 10-17-2012
The only "support" Obama has offered women specifically is to make copious amounts of birth control available to everyone for free.

And if one wants to call that "support" I suppose it's their prerogative but I fail to see how the definition of the word applies here.

I realize some women think free access to abortion for any reason and at any point is some sort of awesome feat Obama accomplished in the name of women (last I checked Roe v. Wade had nothing to do with him). I also realize many people in general think access to birth control and abortion is some sort of progress on the gender equality front.

I'm sorry but I fail to see it that way.

A woman aborting a baby is a heck of a lot cheaper and a heck of a lot more convenient for businesses and our government in general than supporting a woman who goes through a pregnancy, and then has a raises a child.

Abortion is the easy way out. Biden himself has voiced his approval for China's one child per family law. Theirs is an administration who does NOT support family. They support the opposite of family.

They've done nothing to support PREGNANT women. They've done nothing to support NEW MOTHERS.They've done nothing to support NEW FATHERS so that they in turn can help out those new mothers. They've done nothing to support families who WANT children and to grow their families.

They've done the opposite in fact landing more breadwinners out of work and throwing millions of people under the poverty line. More women than EVER before now live under the poverty line. More families than ever struggling just to keep a roof over their heads and foods in their stomachs.

I don't understand how people can say their support of terminating life has anything to do with supporting women's rights or families.

(on a side note a lot of good Obamacare will do if women can't afford to eat .....)

I was impressed that Romney ACTUALLY answered the question about what he would DO, as opposed to deflecting off onto a topic that has nothing to do with the question like Obama did.

Did anyone catch that the woman that posed that question was shaking ROMNEY'S hand at the end and was refusing to even make eye contact with Obama? I knew exactly where her head had gone, mine went there too. It was also obvious that her undecided vote was no longer undecided.....

Although I am not a fan of any sort of targeted recruiting of any kind at least Romney has shown a genuine and valid effort when it comes to trying to better meet the needs of women specifically in the work force.

His comments about making sure those women could get home and tend to their families were imho, realistic. Like it or not, choose to acknowledge it or not, the pull to directly care for the children in a family IS typically much stronger for women that it is for men. This goes back to very basic evolutionary principles. Things between women and men in this regard will ALWAYS be different and "fair" will always be subjective. My husband can't end up the pregnant one, is that "fair?" He can't breastfeed, is that "fair?" If my instincts are to nurture and his are to provide, is that "fair?"

Government cannot and will not ever be able to equalize biology. Why some seem hell bent on trying is beyond my comprehension.

If my husband wants to be home at 5 to take care of the kids as Romney commented to then sure, he should have that right and ability to. But if more moms feel that pull and some one in a position of political power wants to recognize the fact then I think that's a valid and ACTUAL gain for women and who they inherently are driven to be.

Obama stumbled and stuttered through most of his responses and he often went off on terribly irrelevant bird walks.

I had to bust out a bottle of wine about half way through because I was genuinely getting irritated by his refusal to actually answer any of the questions asked of him by the undecided voters.

The thing that stuck with me most is his insistence that if re-elected he was "going to do" this that and the other......I cannot buy that someone who had ample opportunity to do this, that and the other, but who chose not to for FOUR YEARS, is all of a sudden going to change their status quo.

Can he not see why people are so doubtful of his intentions?

Especially after he said if he didn't accomplish this, that and the other within his first term that he promised he would never seek another?

And then went back on his word regarding that too?
Cat Herder 08:29 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
But why can't Romney understand that flexibility to ALL workers is what is best for women and helps close that gap? I see a LOT of women with flex schedules now, which is great. But what a lot of women need is an equally flexible schedule for their partners so that they aren't doing it all alone.

Giving preferential treatment to women in the workforce isn't equality. Equality is fighting for reasonable labor laws for ALL workers, not just women. Paternity leave for men, without judgement; paid time off/flex schedules for men so that they can deal with family illness/emergencies/etc.; and moving past the boys club that is after hours networking. Understanding that kids need their fathers as much as they need their mothers. Not holding back any worker who values family above business.

That is what will shatter the glass ceiling. Equal working rights for both sexes.

I'd love to hear his daughter-in-laws take of his views in 10 years.
SunflowerMama 08:48 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
The only "support" Obama has offered women specifically is to make copious amounts of birth control available to everyone for free.

And if one wants to call that "support" I suppose it's their prerogative but I fail to see how the definition of the word applies here.

I realize some women think free access to abortion for any reason and at any point is some sort of awesome feat Obama accomplished in the name of women (last I checked Roe v. Wade had nothing to do with him). I also realize many people in general think access to birth control and abortion is some sort of progress on the gender equality front.

A woman aborting a baby is a heck of a lot cheaper and a heck of a lot more convenient for businesses and our government in general than supporting a woman who goes through a pregnancy, and then has a raises a child.

Abortion is the easy way out. Biden himself has voiced his approval for China's one child per family law. Theirs is an administration who does NOT support family. They support the opposite of family.

They've done nothing to support PREGNANT women. They've done nothing to support NEW MOTHERS.They've done nothing to support NEW FATHERS so that they in turn can help out those new mothers. They've done nothing to support families who WANT children and to grow their families.

They've done the opposite in fact landing more breadwinners out of work and throwing millions of people under the poverty line. More women than EVER before now live under the poverty line. More families than ever struggling just to keep a roof over their heads and foods in their stomachs.

I don't understand how people can say their support of terminating life has anything to do with supporting women's rights or families.

(on a side note a lot of good Obamacare will do if women can't afford to eat .....)
Why is it that when a discussion of women's health arises, do those opposed to the Obama administration park and sit on abortion and bc? It's about more than that.

I personally cannot get pregnant due to a birth defect but can and did have 2children via a gestational carrier using IVF. I have my 2 gorgeous daughters by a fertility procedure not supported by Ryan himself, he even co-sponsored a bill that would make some fertility procedures including IVF illegal. Even though I have never needed contraception and cannot get pregnant I totally support a women's right to choose.

You mentioned Obama hasn't done anything to support the pregnant women, new mother and father but The Affordable Care Act has done quite a bit for that group. Among other benefits the ACA actually prohibits insurance companies from charging women higher premiums than men for the same insurance coverage and from denying women health coverage for such "preexisting conditions" as breast cancer, pregnancy and domestic violence.

And for those struggling financially it also added no cost coverage for annual well visits, screening for diabetes, testing for HPV, counseling for STDs, counseling and screening for HIV, contraceptive methods and counseling, breastfeeding support, supplies and counseling, counseling and screening for domestic and interpersonal violence.

20.4 million women have already taken advantage of and received no-cost coverage of other preventive services under the Affordable Care Act.

So even though people against Obama and Obamacare want to harp on abortion it's much more and offers much more.
kathiemarie 08:55 AM 10-17-2012

Yes! This is what I think too!!
youretooloud 09:01 AM 10-17-2012
This is true.... Even if many men got off work two hours before his wife, she'd still have to fix dinner, bathe the kids and put them to bed. Out of my entire group, I have one dad who shares equally in the child raising, cooking and housework. The other dads might do drop off or pick up...but, if they are left in charge of dinner, they stop for Mcdonalds or pizza. So, mom works 9 hours, and still has five hours of work to do at home.

Dad watches Tv. It sounds like i'm making a sexist generality, but it's reality.
youretooloud 09:06 AM 10-17-2012
I am not voting for Obama. But, I will say I LOVE planned Parenthood.

I am Christian. But, Christians don't have a good alternative to Planned Parenthood. They (we) act like "But, we have crisis pregnancy". "Um.. NO... you have a group of women in an office with a video tape about abortion.. you have no actual HELP for women. No health care, no, birth control, no women's center at ALL. Just an office space and magazines"

When Christians open a women's health center with low cost or free health care geared specifically to women's needs then I will throw myself into that arena with all my enthusiasm. But, until then, I am on team Planned Parenthood.
SunflowerMama 09:13 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I am Christian. But, Christians don't have a good alternative to Planned Parenthood. They (we) act like "But, we have crisis pregnancy". "Um.. NO... you have a group of women in an office with a video tape about abortion.. you have no actual HELP for women. No health care, no, birth control, no women's center at ALL. Just an office space and magazines"

When Christians open a women's health center with low cost or free health care geared specifically to women's needs then I will throw myself into that arena with all my enthusiasm. But, until then, I am on team Planned Parenthood.
I agree with this 100%. I am a Christian too and a democrat (it is possible) and I totally agree in the need for Planned Parenthood and education beyond abstinence.
Childminder 09:14 AM 10-17-2012
Obama was raised by women, has two daughters and is in what appears to be an equal yet supportive marriage with a very strong independent women.

Romney is the father of five sons, married to a women and the son of another that both have followed in the traditions of the Morman church to be subjacated to their husbands.

I can't see that Romney would go against his belief and the traditions of his religion to go out of his way to support women's rights. It has been a very short time since blacks have been allowed into the Church of LDS priesthood. For this reason I do not support Romney and will support Obama. Romney also threw my family under the bus because he was not supportive of the auto industry a few years past.
Blackcat31 09:25 AM 10-17-2012
Although I feel womens health is an important topic, I am more concerned about what will happen with education.

The national education system is mired in a deep crisis, as funding, teachers, student loans, social, and a myriad of other issues threaten to bring the already declining standards of American education even lower

I think if this country is to ever be what it once was, we need to start focusing on how to teach our children to be strong leaders and to be educated.

I don't think we are doing any good right now by allowing kids to slip through the cracks and not meeting their individual needs but instead focusing on a one size fits all type of education system.

I have heard enough horror stories about public school that I am seriously concerned.

I have several teacher parents and even had one tell me the other day that she was tenured so she no longer has to work hard at her job.
MyAngels 10:26 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:

Sugar Magnolia 10:35 AM 10-17-2012
I vote Detroit Tigers.
lovemykidstoo 10:39 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I vote Detroit Tigers.
Well since I'm from Michigan, I would have to agree!!
MN Mom 11:54 AM 10-17-2012
This is true.... Even if many men got off work two hours before his wife, she'd still have to fix dinner, bathe the kids and put them to bed. Out of my entire group, I have one dad who shares equally in the child raising, cooking and housework. The other dads might do drop off or pick up...but, if they are left in charge of dinner, they stop for Mcdonalds or pizza. So, mom works 9 hours, and still has five hours of work to do at home.

Dad watches Tv. It sounds like i'm making a sexist generality, but it's reality.
It IS the common reality, sadly. However, the Government can't enact laws or regulate via policy men's instincts/positions on household duties, as much as women would like to believe. Only women and men (individuals) can do that.

After YEARS of pleading with my husband to help with the household duties more, and YEARS of him responding with , "well I work 10 hours a day...blah blah blah..." ; I decided to get a job outside of the home so that MAYBE he'd pitch in, since his excuse was founded on working outside the home. I was dead wrong. I was up and out the door before he was, and I was home 3 hours after he'd already been home. He did nothing but play computer and watch TV to relax. IF I asked him to do something, he'd make my eldest 2 daughters do it (laundry, dishes, cooking). Not that I'm opposed to the kids pitching it, but it wasn't the point. He would NOT lift a finger, make the 'girls' do it instead, let my son do whatever he wanted, and then NOT follow through to make sure they even did it right. I had so much to do when I got home, and I was so exhausted, I quit after three weeks.

I'm voting for Romney/Ryan. Obama can talk the talk....but he has NO clue how to walk the walk. I don't trust him. I don't believe he will do what he says. I believe he has the majority of the media at his beck and call. I don't like his cover-up of Libya. I don't like the healthcare mandate which caused me to lose my CURRENT insurance due to rising costs, and regulations. I don't like the gas prices. I don't like the grocery store prices. I don't like that my husband is making LESS money doing the SAME job he was 5 years ago, and it wasn't that great of pay 5 years ago. Our family cannot survive 4 more years of this bullcrap.
youretooloud 12:43 PM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
I believe he has the majority of the media at his beck and call. I don't like his cover-up of Libya. I don't like the healthcare mandate which caused me to lose my CURRENT insurance due to rising costs, and regulations. I don't like the gas prices. I don't like the grocery store prices. I don't like that my husband is making LESS money doing the SAME job he was 5 years ago, and it wasn't that great of pay 5 years ago. Our family cannot survive 4 more years of this bullcrap.

My husband is also making less money that he was four years ago, to do the same job, and even more work. Plus, now our health care is costing us twice as much as it was three years ago. Smaller paycheck, plus much of it being taken out for health care.

My Best friend is on state paid health care, and she trots in to the doctor for even tiny things that most people wouldn't go in for. She DEMANDS tons of things at her doctor and gets it. I only get letters from our insurance telling us "Due to rising costs....We are no longer paying for XYZ test, we will pay for it this one time, but will no longer cover that service". My friend wants to get a job, but if she does, she'll lose her free health care.
Michael 02:09 PM 10-17-2012
Pushing the poll back up. I would like to get a few more votes. This clicker will only be taking votes until Sunday at which time it will close for the last debate.
emmajo 07:23 PM 10-17-2012
Romney is so backward and so wrong on so many things that effect women! Stuns me to see that any woman thinks he would be any sort of improvement over Obama. Yes the President needs to do more, but I believe that much of the problem stems from the fact that the Republicans i congress decided that their main plan from his first day in office was to see that he would get nothing done and would not get a 2nd term. And yet - he has done much good for the country and is cleaning up the mess from previous administration.
MN Mom 09:51 PM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by emmajo:
Romney is so backward and so wrong on so many things that effect women! Stuns me to see that any woman thinks he would be any sort of improvement over Obama. Yes the President needs to do more, but I believe that much of the problem stems from the fact that the Republicans i congress decided that their main plan from his first day in office was to see that he would get nothing done and would not get a 2nd term. And yet - he has done much good for the country and is cleaning up the mess from previous administration.
Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate for the first TWO YEARS of Obama's presidency. So please explain to me how it's the Republicans fault he got nothing done? Healthcare BARELY PASSED WITH a supermajority. There hasn't been an 'official' budget passed in what...3 years? C'mon, let's get real here....Romney isn't going to do anything to take away women's rights. His priority will be to get this stink hole of an economy straightened out. If he doesn't..I promise you...he will be a one termer too.

Perhaps you should stop listening to Rachel Madcow...er Maddow and Chris "Tingle up my Leg" Matthews and start reading a larger variety of sources to brush up on current events?
lovemykidstoo 04:23 AM 10-18-2012
Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate for the first TWO YEARS of Obama's presidency. So please explain to me how it's the Republicans fault he got nothing done? Healthcare BARELY PASSED WITH a supermajority. There hasn't been an 'official' budget passed in what...3 years? C'mon, let's get real here....Romney isn't going to do anything to take away women's rights. His priority will be to get this stink hole of an economy straightened out. If he doesn't..I promise you...he will be a one termer too.

Perhaps you should stop listening to Rachel Madcow...er Maddow and Chris "Tingle up my Leg" Matthews and start reading a larger variety of sources to brush up on current events?
Exactly,my God does noone remember that the Democrats were in control? That drives me insane!!! Also, what rights exactly are people concerned with Romney taking away? Not to be picky, but in my opinion the economy really is the biggest issue right now, not some piddly things that some are focused on and I'm not necessarily meaning here on this board.
DCMom 05:34 AM 10-18-2012

The middle east in chaos, this country is on the verge of bankruptcy and we continue to spend-spend-spend, our credit rating was downgraded for the first time in history. There are bigger things to worry about than 'womens health'.
lovemykidstoo 05:38 AM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:

The middle east in chaos, this country is on the verge of bankruptcy and we continue to spend-spend-spend, our credit rating was downgraded for the first time in history. There are bigger things to worry about than 'womens health'.

That is my opinion too and I continue to ask people here and in the real world, what exactly are they concerned about with women's issues? Do they think that Romney is going to make it illegal to have an abortion or something?
SunshineMama 05:44 AM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Exactly,my God does noone remember that the Democrats were in control? That drives me insane!!! Also, what rights exactly are people concerned with Romney taking away? Not to be picky, but in my opinion the economy really is the biggest issue right now, not some piddly things that some are focused on and I'm not necessarily meaning here on this board.
Agreed. One of the reasons that I like Romney is that he is a successful businessman first, and a politician second, and I truly believe that it is going to take someone with that type of a background to get this economy going. He wouldn't be independently wealthy and succesful if he were not good at what he does. He has a proven track record; just look at what he has done for his state. For example, he created a program for high school students to have a 100% guaranteed college scholarship for 4 years if they received above certain GPA. They had to earn it, but it was available for those who chose to work toward that goal. What a great concept!

My #1 concern right now is the economy. If we maintain this stagnant economy, then all of the planned parenthood debates, and "big bird" comments will be moot because our country will be so poor that we wont be able to afford those programs down the road anyway. Our federal deficit is rediculous and growing. Why not provide an environment that stimulates small business, encourages trade, and increases good jobs? Obama has had 4 years, 2 of which were controlled solely by the Democrats. He had a chance and failed. The economy has been slowing each year he is in office, and the stats that jobs are growing are inflated and misrepresented.

Who do we want for President? Romney, a man who is successful and has a proven track record of success, or Obama, a man who has a proven track record of failure. You may not like everything Romney says, no candidate is perfect, but Romney is unquestionably the least of 2 evils.
SunshineMama 05:49 AM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Although I feel womens health is an important topic, I am more concerned about what will happen with education.

The national education system is mired in a deep crisis, as funding, teachers, student loans, social, and a myriad of other issues threaten to bring the already declining standards of American education even lower

I think if this country is to ever be what it once was, we need to start focusing on how to teach our children to be strong leaders and to be educated.

I don't think we are doing any good right now by allowing kids to slip through the cracks and not meeting their individual needs but instead focusing on a one size fits all type of education system.

I have heard enough horror stories about public school that I am seriously concerned.

I have several teacher parents and even had one tell me the other day that she was tenured so she no longer has to work hard at her job.
I absolutely agree that our education system is in crisis. We are so far behind other countries it makes me very sad. I don't want to homeschool my kids, but I have a feeling I will be "supplementing" much of what they learn at school because I dont have much faith in the current school systems.
lovemykidstoo 06:00 AM 10-18-2012
I have an absolutely serious question for those that are planning on voting for Obama. If you looked at all the stats on the economy, foreign policy, the wars, the whole picture of our country right now and changed one thing. I want you to change who is president. Say it's Bush with all of these stats instead of Obama. Would you vote for Bush again? I don't want you to post things that you didnt' like during the real Bush years, I'm just wondering if some wouldn't vote for Romney strictly because he's a Republican. Does this question make sense?
MN Mom 07:25 AM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:

I was impressed that Romney ACTUALLY answered the question about what he would DO, as opposed to deflecting off onto a topic that has nothing to do with the question like Obama did.

Did anyone catch that the woman that posed that question was shaking ROMNEY'S hand at the end and was refusing to even make eye contact with Obama? I knew exactly where her head had gone, mine went there too. It was also obvious that her undecided vote was no longer undecided.....

Although I am not a fan of any sort of targeted recruiting of any kind at least Romney has shown a genuine and valid effort when it comes to trying to better meet the needs of women specifically in the work force.

His comments about making sure those women could get home and tend to their families were imho, realistic. Like it or not, choose to acknowledge it or not, the pull to directly care for the children in a family IS typically much stronger for women that it is for men. This goes back to very basic evolutionary principles. Things between women and men in this regard will ALWAYS be different and "fair" will always be subjective. My husband can't end up the pregnant one, is that "fair?" He can't breastfeed, is that "fair?" If my instincts are to nurture and his are to provide, is that "fair?"

Government cannot and will not ever be able to equalize biology. Why some seem hell bent on trying is beyond my comprehension.

If my husband wants to be home at 5 to take care of the kids as Romney commented to then sure, he should have that right and ability to. But if more moms feel that pull and some one in a position of political power wants to recognize the fact then I think that's a valid and ACTUAL gain for women and who they inherently are driven to be.

Obama stumbled and stuttered through most of his responses and he often went off on terribly irrelevant bird walks.

I had to bust out a bottle of wine about half way through because I was genuinely getting irritated by his refusal to actually answer any of the questions asked of him by the undecided voters.

The thing that stuck with me most is his insistence that if re-elected he was "going to do" this that and the other......I cannot buy that someone who had ample opportunity to do this, that and the other, but who chose not to for FOUR YEARS, is all of a sudden going to change their status quo.

Can he not see why people are so doubtful of his intentions?

Especially after he said if he didn't accomplish this, that and the other within his first term that he promised he would never seek another?

And then went back on his word regarding that too?

lovemykidstoo 07:27 AM 10-18-2012
Did anyone hear this morning how Romneys son said he wanted to punch Obama during the debate? Of course only 1 channel played the whole interview where he said in the same sentence that of course he coudln't do that and he really wouldn't do that blah blah, but I thought it was pretty funny because I wanted to slap him too and he wasn't debating with my dad. But, of course, they will spin that terribly out of context
Blackcat31 09:21 AM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Did anyone hear this morning how Romneys son said he wanted to punch Obama during the debate? Of course only 1 channel played the whole interview where he said in the same sentence that of course he coudln't do that and he really wouldn't do that blah blah, but I thought it was pretty funny because I wanted to slap him too and he wasn't debating with my dad. But, of course, they will spin that terribly out of context
I like how the media is twisting that comment too.

The entire thing was a response about how he (Romneys son) felt while listening to Obama call his father a liar.

I think the host asked him "How did it feel to hear the President call your father a liar?"

I would think that any loving child would feel the exact same way if someone was calling their father names.

Interesting tid-bit about manners during the debate.
# of interuptions by the moderator = 9,
# of interuptions by Romney = 8,
# of interuptions by Obama = 23.
laundrymom 03:16 PM 10-18-2012
I've learned more from the respectful debating discussion between you awesome people than any debate I've ever seen. Thanks guys.
Michael 03:28 PM 10-18-2012
I've learned more from the respectful debating discussion between you awesome people than any debate I've ever seen. Thanks guys.

The respect and openness to indifference here is something the country and our politicians need more of. When we work together we are a better nation.
saved4always 03:43 PM 10-18-2012
I am not voting for Obama. But, I will say I LOVE planned Parenthood.

Where I live there are 2 Christian Crisis pregnancy centers. They do MUCH more than have an office and videos. These centers offer parenting classes, support groups, counseling, ultrasounds (they have a new mobile unit that can go where the need is), baby items (free for emergency and can be "earned" when take part in a program), budgeting and nutrition classes, and more. My husband and I support these centers financially because we know they are making a difference for mothers, fathers and babies. Planned Parenthood likes to tout it's own horn about women's rights and how they are about medical care for women. But they make the bulk of their money on abortions (i.e. killing babies) which, IMHO, is the reason they fight so very hard to keep it legal.
saved4always 03:58 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I like how the media is twisting that comment too.

The entire thing was a response about how he (Romneys son) felt while listening to Obama call his father a liar.

I think the host asked him "How did it feel to hear the President call your father a liar?"

I would think that any loving child would feel the exact same way if someone was calling their father names.

Interesting tid-bit about manners during the debate.
# of interuptions by the moderator = 9,
# of interuptions by Romney = 8,
# of interuptions by Obama = 23.
Very interesting tidbits .

I honestly have not been following this election very much. It annoys me more than interests me. I am voting for Romney only because I have not seen Obama do anything positive for this country, especially with the amount of government debt my children are going to be inheriting. My vote for Romney is my vote against Obama.

This pretty much sums it up for me: My husband just told me that Ross Perot has endorsed Romney. And Kim Kardashian and Hugo Chavez both endorsed Obama. I try not to vote for anyone endorsed by dictators or reality show celebrities.
MyAngels 05:36 PM 10-18-2012
Maybe we should all run for Congress. I hear they have great healthcare and a nice pension plan .
laundrymom 05:56 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Maybe we should all run for Congress. I hear they have great healthcare and a nice pension plan .
Ummmm I'm honest, open minded, non filtered, and don't like wearing shoes. I think I'm good in early education. Lol.
MyAngels 06:29 PM 10-18-2012
Ummmm I'm honest, open minded, non filtered, and don't like wearing shoes. I think I'm good in early education. Lol.
Our unique skill set would be put to such good use, though. I can see it now: "Senator Durbin, you will need to have a seat in the quiet corner until you can speak kindly to Senator McConnell."
laundrymom 06:44 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Our unique skill set would be put to such good use, though. I can see it now: "Senator Durbin, you will need to have a seat in the quiet corner until you can speak kindly to Senator McConnell."
Lolol omg! I just for REAL. Snorted milk out my nose!!!!!
laundrymom 06:46 PM 10-18-2012
I guess we are pretty awesome at conflict resolution, budget building, time and resource managment, making sure everyone is fed so they don't get too cranky, oh and ummm we are all pretty good at cleaning up....... Fecal matter.
mom2many 08:55 PM 10-18-2012

Happy Hearts 08:10 AM 10-19-2012
I guess we are pretty awesome at conflict resolution, budget building, time and resource managment, making sure everyone is fed so they don't get too cranky, oh and ummm we are all pretty good at cleaning up....... Fecal matter.
Isn't that the truth!!
Michael 02:34 PM 10-22-2012
Just a reminder to anyone that has not voted in our poll. I will be putting up the final poll after tonight's 3rd Presidential Debate. So be looking for it tonight ot tomorrow.

Thanks for participating.
Tags:debate, political views, poll, president
Closed Thread Up