Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vent..Merely A Vent..Had This Been A Actual Gripe, It Would Be In ALL CAPS!! ;)
Lucy 07:43 PM 05-23-2013
This is the same old thing many of us have complained about before. But it always baffles me. Yes, they pay me either way, but still.....

For various reasons, most of my kids will not be here and I will only have 2 siblings tomorrow. I texted Mom and said, "Just a heads up... your two will be the only ones here tomorrow".

She writes back, "Ok, it's Dad's DAY OFF () so I'll see if he wants to get them a bit early".

He can't have them the whole day?? He can't let them sleep in and bring them around 10am or something? Nope, Mom will WAKE THEM UP and bring them at 7:30 am, and Dad will most likely pick them up at maybe 4:00 at the earliest, I'm sure of it.

**Major Eye Roll**
Familycare71 08:20 PM 05-23-2013
I definetly feel for you!!! Ugh!
daycare 08:24 PM 05-23-2013
I feel for those kids. That stinks.

I don't let this type of stuff bother me.
I say this affirmation.

Please do not be mad at me for not being the person you wish I could be....( I had it wrong before).
I say this with everything.

Not all parents think like we do.
blandino 08:27 PM 05-23-2013
I totally empathize. I can't tell you the last time I got off wary, today all DCK were gone at 4:55, and the one DCG I had always leaves before 5, so I was sure I would get off early today. DCM comes in at 5:20...
littlemissmuffet 09:23 PM 05-23-2013
Honestly, I've had such a crappy last two weeks... I'd use a sick day if I were you!
Lucy 09:44 PM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Honestly, I've had such a crappy last two weeks... I'd use a sick day if I were you!
Ha!! Hey, that's a great idea. Hmmm....... I'm starting to feel queasy already!!
daycarediva 03:13 AM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
This cracked me up! Good idea, honestly.

I am open Monday and so far have ONE dck. I might use this idea.

That really stinks. I'm sorry you couldn't get a day off!
AfterSchoolMom 04:30 AM 05-24-2013
"Oh, I'm so glad to hear that DCD has the day off. I needed to make a 1pm (or whatever time) appointment, and now I can. Please have him pick up by 12:30 today. Thanks!"
LittleD 05:32 AM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
"Oh, I'm so glad to hear that DCD has the day off. I needed to make a 1pm (or whatever time) appointment, and now I can. Please have him pick up by 12:30 today. Thanks!"

countrymom 05:44 AM 05-24-2013
I had a mom, when I told her that her son would be the only one here, she was like "great then you can take him wherever your kids go, he'll like hanging out with the big kids" really because he knows that you are home and so is his older brother. And my kids don't always want other peoples kids here, esp. when the parents are home.
Blackcat31 06:29 AM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I had a mom, when I told her that her son would be the only one here, she was like "great then you can take him wherever your kids go, he'll like hanging out with the big kids"
That's what I would get too if I told a parent their kid was the only one coming.

Originally Posted by Lucy:
I texted Mom and said, "Just a heads up... your two will be the only ones here tomorrow".
I am curious though OP, what were your reasons for texting mom? Were you just letting her know because you were hoping she would step up and keep them home or does she normally like to know when her kids are the only ones scheduled?

Did you know or suspect that the dad had the day off?
Lucy 08:21 PM 05-24-2013
Had no idea Dad had the day off. I know he gets some Fridays off, but that was not part of my thinking at the time.

My Daycare is more like a family, or at least like close friends. One family have been with me 9 years, another 7, and the other 3. I recently stopped watching a girl I had for 13 years. I just find it to be a courtesy to let the kids know that they won't have anyone to play with tomorrow. The parents know what that means ... "bring something to occupy yourself so you won't be bored!" It's just the way I roll.

I will admit that sometimes I get lucky, and a parent (but never this one I'm talking about in my original post) will say that Grandma or Aunt can take them. So that was perhaps a small part of why I texted her. There's always hope!! LOL

And by the way, Dad picked up a whole HOUR early. Yes, it's great to be off an hour early, but he was flippin' HOME all day!!

The other 2 families are much more likely to keep the kids home in a situation like this.
Reply Up