Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tiny play room
Unregistered 09:54 AM 03-24-2015
Does anyone else have a tiny play room? Mine is only a spare bedroom, how do you make it work. I use the closet for storage and am going to put more shelves in. On days that we have 3/4 kids it's okay but when I have my full numbers, dd and her friend there's 8 littles plus me in there it's squishy.
Thriftylady 10:20 AM 03-24-2015
Mine is tiny, it also has two PNPs in it and along one wall DD's computer the family printer and such. But it works for 2 or so kids and is just off the living room which we also use. I love it since I did it last week, we were just using the living room and had the pNP in there. It keeps some of the toys on shelves in there and they don't drag out as much at once. Sometimes it isn't all about size, it is how you use it. When DD leaves this summer for camp, I may take the PNPs and put in her room since she will be basically moving to camp.
mommiebookworm 12:55 PM 03-24-2015
I have a tiny playroom. I have a toy kitchen, bookshelf, and 2 cube shelves with toys in there. It's right off the living room. I let the kids pull out one bin of toys at a time into the living room. They play in both areas, but we store everything in the playroom. I have a pretty small house. It works a lot better than when I tried to keep it all contained to the livingroom.
Meeko 02:50 PM 03-24-2015
Only have on the floor what is absolutely necessary. Store everything else on shelves up the walls. It's amazing how much bigger a room looks if you get as much off the floor as possible.
originalkat 05:59 PM 03-24-2015
I have 8 kiddos and have a tiny playroom. I think the main thing is being a minimalist. At least that is what works for me. BUT you do need to have some separate storage space if possible. I am VERY short on storage space so currently all of my "extra" daycare stuff is a MESS in a corner of our tiny unfinished basement. I think I am going to get a shed to put outside with all my daycare stuff neatly stored on shelves because there is just too much and not enough room in my house, and I really can't get rid of it. I NEED MY STUFF! But if we have a small daycare space then we have to pick and choose and rotate so that our spaces look neat and uncluttered.
mamamanda 06:21 AM 03-25-2015
Utilize your closet space! How big is the closet? Can you take the doors off and make a reading nook or some other play space in there? Utilize the top wall space in the closet by putting up shelves for storage. You can store less played with toys higher up out of their reach, or put toys up top that can be rotated out regularly. Small spaces can work really well. You just have to figure out how to best arrange things. I love our small play room, also a spare bedroom.
Reply Up