Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Setting up a safe Infant Area for New Baby
originalkat 10:50 AM 09-25-2015
I usually only take 2-5 yr olds, but I have a current family who will be bringing their baby starting next month.

I do not have any baby stuff and dont want to invest much because I dont plan to take infants in the future. What are the necessities and how do you suggest setting up a safe zone since there will be 9 preschoolers here at the same time.The baby will be 4 months old when she starts.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:24 AM 09-25-2015
since my playroom is shared space this is what I have/ do.
Pack-n-play. perhaps you could ask parents to supply one or buy used or on sale (I think I paid $35 for mine new on clearance)
I bought a $20 carpet. I think it is 4x6 and pack-n- play sits on one end. But the rug is the baby play space so my older ones have a visual. I have baby cage but I haven't used it at all for inside for the babies. My older ones respect the rug and then I don't have to hop over. I have a small basket for baby toys. They don't need that much!
I just bought a whole bunch of sleep sacks and swaddles in fleece at our "Mommy Mart" -twice a year consignment for $1- $2 a piece! I love sleep sacks! By 4 months you would no longer swaddle. pack- n- play sheets.
bottles I would have mom supply.
high chair- when the time comes I would just get the booster with the tray.
The only other things I can think you might want is if you can find or borrow- something to set her in- a bouncy seat, a swing, or exersaucer thing (mine at 5 mo like it). When I am in the kitchen and the baby kicks up it is nice to relocate them in there with me in a seat where they can see me.
If you can borrow a sling but the only time I really use it is if we are headed outside and there isn't a good place for baby.
originalkat 12:28 PM 09-25-2015
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
since my playroom is shared space this is what I have/ do.
Pack-n-play. perhaps you could ask parents to supply one or buy used or on sale (I think I paid $35 for mine new on clearance)
I bought a $20 carpet. I think it is 4x6 and pack-n- play sits on one end. But the rug is the baby play space so my older ones have a visual. I have baby cage but I haven't used it at all for inside for the babies. My older ones respect the rug and then I don't have to hop over. I have a small basket for baby toys. They don't need that much!
I just bought a whole bunch of sleep sacks and swaddles in fleece at our "Mommy Mart" -twice a year consignment for $1- $2 a piece! I love sleep sacks! By 4 months you would no longer swaddle. pack- n- play sheets.
bottles I would have mom supply.
high chair- when the time comes I would just get the booster with the tray.
The only other things I can think you might want is if you can find or borrow- something to set her in- a bouncy seat, a swing, or exersaucer thing (mine at 5 mo like it). When I am in the kitchen and the baby kicks up it is nice to relocate them in there with me in a seat where they can see me.
If you can borrow a sling but the only time I really use it is if we are headed outside and there isn't a good place for baby.
Okay, great. This is some good info. An exer-saucer would be good for when Im in the kitchen making meals etc... I hadnt thought of that. Thanks!
Unregistered 12:46 PM 09-25-2015
I have a play yard, bouncer, high chair, bibs, burp clothes (cloth diapers work best!), baby spoons and a play mat.
Unregistered 12:47 PM 09-25-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a play yard, bouncer, high chair, bibs, burp clothes (cloth diapers work best!), baby spoons and a play mat.
And pnp! I bought most through craigslist. I bought my pnp's from dcf's mostly. I found tie bibs on ebay (I hate the velcro kind, tie or pullover are best).
mommiebookworm 01:16 PM 09-25-2015
I would add a stroller to the list. Great to keep baby in when your outside.
Unregistered 02:03 PM 09-25-2015
I would definitely get a swing life saver I have the fisher price cradle monkey swing plugs in can get cheap on craigslist.I would recommend a jumperoo instead of exersauser mine pefer to jump I have both .
MrsSteinel'sHouse 02:12 PM 09-25-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
I would add a stroller to the list. Great to keep baby in when your outside.
yes! I was thinking inside
Reply Up