Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:08 AM
rmc20021's Avatar
rmc20021 rmc20021 is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 589
Default Wants to know if fees are due...

I have a 4 yo dcb who has been out all week long (as well as last Friday) as he's been with his dad this week, which has been a day by day situation and I don't know until the day of whether he's coming or not. The dcd pays every other week for childcare for the two kids and he called me just now to ask if he still had to pay for this week since dcb has been with him all week....uhhhh, yeah!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 AM
CedarCreek's Avatar
CedarCreek CedarCreek is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,529
Default

Is he new to your policies?

Huge eyeroll.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 AM
williams2008's Avatar
williams2008 williams2008 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: El Dorado, Arkansas
Posts: 981
Default

That burns me up! What part of "you are paying for their spot" do they not understand I have a dcb who has been out all week as well, and I'm sure I will be asked the same question. I have already made up my mind that if the dcp doesn't come and pay Friday I'm going to term!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 AM
rmc20021's Avatar
rmc20021 rmc20021 is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 589
Default

He probably has not been made aware of the policy because mom is the one who enrolled the kids and they are divorced. He's in the reserves so he was gone for 2 weeks for training and wanted to spend time with the dcb now that he's back since he'd missed those two weeks with him. He's supposed to be getting deployed to Afghanistan soon.

BUT he said dcm was the one who told him to call me to see if he still had to pay the fee since he wasn't here.and she DOES know my policy. I've even reduced her rates 2 times over the 6 weeks the kids have been with me because her hours changed at work meaning less hours for the SA child. I cannot go any lower than that and still be able to keep them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 AM
rmc20021's Avatar
rmc20021 rmc20021 is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 589
Default

I would term this family as well since the SA child is really overbearing and there's been no reliability as to when the kids will be here or not. Dcm has 'lost' 2 phones during these 6 weeks so right now there is no way I can get hold of her. She was staying with her mom and I could make contact with her through her mom, but she just moved out this week and the only number I have for her is her bosses personal number.

The only reason I have not termed them is because I'm in a very small community and it isn't that easy to replace them...as soon as I get another family though they will be gone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-14-2013, 05:39 AM
CedarCreek's Avatar
CedarCreek CedarCreek is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,529
Default

Ahhhh....I see

So DCM is trying to get DCD to ask the question under the excuse that DCD is ignorant to the policies. But DCD accidentally busted her.

That's probably what happened even if DCD doesn't know it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 AM
itlw8's Avatar
itlw8 itlw8 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,199
Default

If you want to feel sorry then say yes it is my policy but this one time I will let it go at half price. but is it going to happen every time he has training?

I would say yes you still owe. But I also would give him a break if he kept the child home right before he shipped out.
__________________
It will wait
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc20021 View Post
I've even reduced her rates 2 times over the 6 weeks the kids have been with me because her hours changed at work meaning less hours for the SA child. I cannot go any lower than that and still be able to keep them.
You've done "special" for her so they are probably assuming why not for him?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:04 AM
DaisyMamma's Avatar
DaisyMamma DaisyMamma is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams2008 View Post
That burns me up! What part of "you are paying for their spot" do they not understand I have a dcb who has been out all week as well, and I'm sure I will be asked the same question. I have already made up my mind that if the dcp doesn't come and pay Friday I'm going to term!
Get payment first, then term. Make sure there is time for the check to clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlw8 View Post
If you want to feel sorry then say yes it is my policy but this one time I will let it go at half price. but is it going to happen every time he has training?

I would say yes you still owe. But I also would give him a break if he kept the child home right before he shipped out.
Don't you dare! You WILL regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc20021 View Post
He probably has not been made aware of the policy because mom is the one who enrolled the kids and they are divorced. He's in the reserves so he was gone for 2 weeks for training and wanted to spend time with the dcb now that he's back since he'd missed those two weeks with him. He's supposed to be getting deployed to Afghanistan soon.

BUT he said dcm was the one who told him to call me to see if he still had to pay the fee since he wasn't here.and she DOES know my policy. I've even reduced her rates 2 times over the 6 weeks the kids have been with me because her hours changed at work meaning less hours for the SA child. I cannot go any lower than that and still be able to keep them.
I would be giving mom a copy of policies next time you see her and verbally remind her that payment is due 52 weeks per year, regardless of attendance.
Then next time you see dad make sure he gets a copy of the policies and returns a signed copy to you.

You probably realize now that you shouldnt have done that (lowered rates).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:35 AM
williams2008's Avatar
williams2008 williams2008 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: El Dorado, Arkansas
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma View Post
Get payment first, then term. Make sure there is time for the check to clear.
I'm going to make sure she pays first and if she doesn't I am going to term. This dcm has never paid by check, she always pay in cash.

Last edited by Blackcat31; 03-14-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parents Forgetting Field Trip Fees queenbee Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 23 08-23-2020 01:48 PM
HOA Fees in MMK MarinaVanessa Daycare and Taxes 3 02-18-2013 12:21 PM
Return Check Due To NSF And The Fees That Follow.... Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 9 01-15-2013 06:51 AM
Didn't pay registration fees...and spot is already filled :/ PolkaTots Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 9 01-14-2013 10:59 AM
Are there Fees For Daycare Inspection in New Jersey? Jonathan Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 1 11-23-2009 09:43 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:04 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming