Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:08 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Wants to know if fees are due...

I have a 4 yo dcb who has been out all week long (as well as last Friday) as he's been with his dad this week, which has been a day by day situation and I don't know until the day of whether he's coming or not. The dcd pays every other week for childcare for the two kids and he called me just now to ask if he still had to pay for this week since dcb has been with him all week....uhhhh, yeah!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Is he new to your policies?

Huge eyeroll.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

That burns me up! What part of "you are paying for their spot" do they not understand I have a dcb who has been out all week as well, and I'm sure I will be asked the same question. I have already made up my mind that if the dcp doesn't come and pay Friday I'm going to term!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 AM
New Daycare.com Member

He probably has not been made aware of the policy because mom is the one who enrolled the kids and they are divorced. He's in the reserves so he was gone for 2 weeks for training and wanted to spend time with the dcb now that he's back since he'd missed those two weeks with him. He's supposed to be getting deployed to Afghanistan soon.

BUT he said dcm was the one who told him to call me to see if he still had to pay the fee since he wasn't here.and she DOES know my policy. I've even reduced her rates 2 times over the 6 weeks the kids have been with me because her hours changed at work meaning less hours for the SA child. I cannot go any lower than that and still be able to keep them.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I would term this family as well since the SA child is really overbearing and there's been no reliability as to when the kids will be here or not. Dcm has 'lost' 2 phones during these 6 weeks so right now there is no way I can get hold of her. She was staying with her mom and I could make contact with her through her mom, but she just moved out this week and the only number I have for her is her bosses personal number.

The only reason I have not termed them is because I'm in a very small community and it isn't that easy to replace them...as soon as I get another family though they will be gone.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:39 AM

Ahhhh....I see

So DCM is trying to get DCD to ask the question under the excuse that DCD is ignorant to the policies. But DCD accidentally busted her.

That's probably what happened even if DCD doesn't know it.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

If you want to feel sorry then say yes it is my policy but this one time I will let it go at half price. but is it going to happen every time he has training?

I would say yes you still owe. But I also would give him a break if he kept the child home right before he shipped out.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc20021 View Post
I've even reduced her rates 2 times over the 6 weeks the kids have been with me because her hours changed at work meaning less hours for the SA child. I cannot go any lower than that and still be able to keep them.
You've done "special" for her so they are probably assuming why not for him?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams2008 View Post
That burns me up! What part of "you are paying for their spot" do they not understand I have a dcb who has been out all week as well, and I'm sure I will be asked the same question. I have already made up my mind that if the dcp doesn't come and pay Friday I'm going to term!
Get payment first, then term. Make sure there is time for the check to clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlw8 View Post
If you want to feel sorry then say yes it is my policy but this one time I will let it go at half price. but is it going to happen every time he has training?

I would say yes you still owe. But I also would give him a break if he kept the child home right before he shipped out.
Don't you dare! You WILL regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc20021 View Post
He probably has not been made aware of the policy because mom is the one who enrolled the kids and they are divorced. He's in the reserves so he was gone for 2 weeks for training and wanted to spend time with the dcb now that he's back since he'd missed those two weeks with him. He's supposed to be getting deployed to Afghanistan soon.

BUT he said dcm was the one who told him to call me to see if he still had to pay the fee since he wasn't here.and she DOES know my policy. I've even reduced her rates 2 times over the 6 weeks the kids have been with me because her hours changed at work meaning less hours for the SA child. I cannot go any lower than that and still be able to keep them.
I would be giving mom a copy of policies next time you see her and verbally remind her that payment is due 52 weeks per year, regardless of attendance.
Then next time you see dad make sure he gets a copy of the policies and returns a signed copy to you.

You probably realize now that you shouldnt have done that (lowered rates).
Old 03-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma View Post
Get payment first, then term. Make sure there is time for the check to clear.
I'm going to make sure she pays first and if she doesn't I am going to term. This dcm has never paid by check, she always pay in cash.

Last edited by Blackcat31; 03-14-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: fixed quote