Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Scams
Nebula 03:18 PM 09-20-2013
This is the third or forth one of these I have gotten- anyone else? LOL

I'm moving to your area with my angelic wife, with our adorable son. I will be working with US Environmental Protection Agency EPA and my wife will undergo an IT program. Thus we are in urgent need of a babysitter for our adorable
2 years old son. you will babysit him 4 hours daily, Monday to Friday. We will need you to babysit him for us while my wife is out for lectures. Thus you should let us know the exact time that's will be comfortable for you to babysit him. My wife can drive him to
your house when going for lectures and pick him up when coming back. Thus you can also babysit him in our house. You should let us know the time that will be best for you to babysit him to enable my wife schedule her time for lectures. We are willing to offer you $250 weekly, ($250 as your wages and $50 for miscellaneous). Kindly let us know if you are satisfy with our offer so that we can make arrangement for your payment because my wife i going to begin her lecture on 30th of September and they will arrive on or before 30th of
September and we need you to start working as soon as they arrive. My son is friendly and love to play a lot with toys. Kindly let me know if you are ready to work for us and also so get back to me with the following details of yours so that i can make arrangement for your
first week payment in other to secure your service before my wife arrival because i wont be around till 10th of October

Full Name:
Physical Contact Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Phone #:
I also have to let you know that myself and my wife are hard of hearing, we always either misinterpreted half of a conversation while talking on the phone, or just faked liked we understood the whole conversation. we have found our self either being offended because we
only caught half of what was said, or have had people think we are slow to understanding them. we feel like we don't quite fit in with the deaf community, and we don't fit in around the hearing. we are between, so to speak. We can communicate through private emails and
text messaging. My number is ####
Maria2013 03:31 PM 09-20-2013
I haven't!
I even checked my Spam , nothing but "you've won..." and "size matter, add 2-4 inches"
Familycare71 03:50 PM 09-20-2013
I have in the past. The partially deaf is a new one tho!!
MarinaVanessa 03:50 PM 09-20-2013
Yep, I always thought these were funny. Typical scam email.

Total giveaways:
And if you email them back then they will ask you for your bank account information and will either try to send you a really big money order or a foreign check. They then tell you to deposit the money order and then send them back the difference and by the time you realize that they put a hold on the funds from the check/money order the scammers have already cashed your check and have taken your money. Either that or the check/money order they gave you is fake and you're still out your money.
Nebula 03:51 PM 09-20-2013
Totally a scam though right? LOL I mean $300 a week for 20 hours of babysitting
MarinaVanessa 03:53 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
I haven't!
I even checked my Spam , nothing but "you've won..." and "size matter, add 2-4 inches"
LOLOLOLOLOL
Nebula 03:55 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Yep, I always thought these were funny. Typical scam email.

Total giveaways:
  • I live in another country and will be moving to your area
  • I need "babysitter" pronto
  • Too many discriptive words about family (angelic, adorable etc. I mean, who talks like that?)
  • "my wife will undergo an IT program" he makes the IT job sound like some sort of medical procedure
  • "you will babysit him" typically people say what hours they need by saying something like "we will need childcare/daycare x days from x to x hours". For some reason scam emails always make it seem as if they are commanding you to take their child
  • "..while my wife is out for lectures" who talks like that? Lectures? Most people say training/school
  • They make it seem as if you will be picking the times that you want to watch the child so that you feel that it's all based at your convenience but really when you think about it what training/school allows their students to pick what times you want to go KWIM? Schools/trainings always have set times/dates, I've never heard of a school/business that goes around the student's or "babysitter's" schedule
  • They offer to pay you an overpriced amount per week plus some extra to buy toys/supplies
  • "kindly let us know if you are satisfy with our offer ..." enough said
  • They ask you for all of your information including your age
  • They give you a reason as to why they can't talk to you on the phone

And if you email them back then they will ask you for your bank account information and will either try to send you a really big money order or a foreign check. They then tell you to deposit the money order and then send them back the difference and by the time you realize that they put a hold on the funds from the check/money order the scammers have already cashed your check and have taken your money. Either that or the check/money order they gave you is fake and you're still out your money.
Oh I know for sure they are scams LOL. Nobody actually talks like that... I responded with bogus info, from The show King of the Hill, Rusty Shackleford (Dale Gribble's fake name for his paranoia mentality) lol, Arlen and everything
MarinaVanessa 03:57 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Nebula:
Oh I know for sure they are scams LOL. Nobody actually talks like that... I responded with bogus info, from The show King of the Hill, Rusty Shackleford (Dale Gribble's fake name for his paranoia mentality) lol, Arlen and everything
I just about died
Nebula 04:07 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I just about died
So you know the show?? LOL
Scout 04:16 PM 09-20-2013
I get these all the time. Hold out hope though because all my clients came from cl!! You will get real replies too!
MarinaVanessa 04:29 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Nebula:
So you know the show?? LOL
Yep, I know it. That's why I find it so funny

Originally Posted by Scout:
I get these all the time. Hold out hope though because all my clients came from cl!! You will get real replies too!
Yep, me too. Most of my clients come from CL also.
Sugar Magnolia 05:07 PM 09-20-2013
Seems Scam-o-Rama.

I'm here to tell ya, as a hard of hearing person myself, I'm calling BS on that excuse. It's called the relay service. Dial 711. Every hh person knows that.
AfterSchoolMom 06:50 PM 09-20-2013
I stopped reading at "Angelic wife". LOL!!
Hunni Bee 07:35 PM 09-20-2013
I got one like that when I was trying to find an apartment a couple months ago. Half the Craigslist ads in my area are fake/scams.
Nebula 11:55 PM 09-20-2013
LOL Here is the response I got after sending him the bogus info

Thanks for your mail and kind gesture. I will keep you posted with all our moving arrangement and the tracking number of the check as soon as possible for your proper updating. Looking forward to meeting you soon
MsLaura529 05:41 AM 09-21-2013
I think it's weird that all of the scams I have gotten have mentioned how the parent will be driving the child to my house and picking them up form my house.
Nebula 11:26 AM 09-21-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
I think it's weird that all of the scams I have gotten have mentioned how the parent will be driving the child to my house and picking them up form my house.
I mean right- it's a home daycare, what else would they do? We don't make house calls! LOL
Michelle 12:45 PM 09-21-2013
Whenever you see the word " kindly" it's almost always a scam
Also when they are moving from another country and they need your info before they even meet you
Hunni Bee 02:36 PM 09-21-2013
The weird terminology and grammar is because they just type up the scam stuff, throw it into Google translator and post it, and some words don't translate exactly. Like he probably tried to say "lovely wife" but whatever the word for lovely is in his language translates to "angelic" in English. Plus, whole sentences don't translate as well.

When you respond to him, he just translates it back into his language.
Sunchimes 06:35 PM 09-21-2013
I guess I'm slow, but what is the scam? They don't seem to be asking for money or bank info. Do they ask for that later? Is it just a phishing or pharming thing to gather names and addresses?
Nebula 07:33 PM 09-21-2013
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I guess I'm slow, but what is the scam? They don't seem to be asking for money or bank info. Do they ask for that later? Is it just a phishing or pharming thing to gather names and addresses?
I dunno, My guess is they ask for it later.
Tags:craigs list, scams
Reply Up