Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termed Parent Drama...
coolconfidentme 01:55 PM 12-16-2013
I termed a parent who filed a complaint on me. (Funny how she kept bringing her kids after the alleged events took place.) Nothing became of it so she filed a different one. Same results. Nothing. She made negative comments on Facebook, I sent her a cease/desist & she took down the post. Per contract, she owes two weeks fees & late fees so I filed a small claims suit. She denies owing anything & asked for a bench trial. SERIOUSLY?

I’m going to my county Pro Se Desk on Thursday asking them if I can get any damages for her retaliatory complains & comments.

Has anyone ever had this much trouble with a termed parent?
MarinaVanessa 02:15 PM 12-16-2013
No I haven't ever had such bad luck fortunately however I wish you luck.
itlw8 02:24 PM 12-16-2013
wow all I can say is wow... Glad I never had that family...

question is the 2 weeks for care they received or two weeks notice after you terminated?
CedarCreek 02:33 PM 12-16-2013
YES

But, she paid once I sent her to collections. She didn't want it on her credit.
coolconfidentme 05:09 PM 12-16-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:

question is the 2 weeks for care they received or two weeks notice after you terminated?
It was her two week notice & late fees. She came two days of the notice, but was 73 minutes late the first day & 126 late minutes the second. I reminded her of the $1 per minute late fee & she never returned.
Patches 05:32 PM 12-16-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:418368:
Originally Posted by itlw8:

It was her two week notice & late fees. She came two days of the notice, but was 73 minutes late the first day & 126 late minutes the second. I reminded her of the $1 per minute late fee & she never returned.
that's a hefty late fee. Glad she's gone, but I hope you get the money that you're owed soon
Reply Up