Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nevada ratio question
Unregistered 06:09 PM 04-09-2015
hi I was wondering what the ratio is in Nevada for unlicensed child care.hi me and my mom for many years have done inhime daycare in our house for many years we have always thought it was 6 kids to one adult or more so since there is two of us we have always had 12 kids sometimes more when we had 3 adults but recently had nevada childcare licencing come to our door they said somebody called on yeah I know who it was a rotten familywho I was in a argument about watching her kids. but anyways they told me it its four kids only not per adult never more than 4 or could be arrest for misdemeanor. I just want to find out if this is really true about only watching 4. I just purchased a bigger home in order to I have lots of room for the kidsand now that happen I had to get rid of all the kids really upset parents. They sent all kids home when the came an wouldent leave until kids left.ive even had two daycare kids live with me and there mom to and if my is not here they cant stay cause goes over 4.them comin out has riuned my life pretty much in alot of ways.I have a 5 bedroom with another house attached with another room bathroom , living room and kitchen so plenty of space.I have call the license place but was just wondering and if I were to get license they said it would only go to get 6total? I live in lasvegas Nevada
Thriftylady 06:16 PM 04-09-2015
Usually the numbers are lower if you are unlicensed. Also having two adults rarely means you get double the numbers, because they license the space as well as the provider. I would look into getting licensed if you want to keep those numbers. I can't speak for Nevada, but how it has been in the two states I have lived.
jenboo 06:55 PM 04-09-2015
4 children including your own if you are unlicensed. It doesn't matter how many adults you have.
jenboo 06:58 PM 04-09-2015
Licensed family care is a max of 6 with up to 3 before and after school age children.
Licensed group care is up to 12 with two providers although I've heard it's really hard to get approved. I think there are maybe 2 group cares in las Vegas.
Reply Up