Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Shampoo Carpets.....
MissAnn 10:30 AM 09-08-2016
Professionally or do your own?

If you do your own, do you like your rug cleaner? I need recommendations!

I have a dad who pays cash and I've been saving up his fees.

My carpet looks like crap.
laundrymom 11:31 AM 09-08-2016
I do my own and just bought one on woot last week that was delivered today.
I can't handle dirty carpet so clean it often and am a stickler for shoe removal at door.
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 09-08-2016
I don't have carpet.
I hate carpet.

If I had carpet, I'd opt for professional cleaning a couple times a year.

That would be the only way I could deal with the "ick" factor.
Leigh 11:52 AM 09-08-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Professionally or do your own?

If you do your own, do you like your rug cleaner? I need recommendations!

I have a dad who pays cash and I've been saving up his fees.

My carpet looks like crap.
Both. I do it myself monthly (more if needed) and then have professionals come 1-2 times a year.
Controlled Chaos 12:41 PM 09-08-2016
I just did mine last night! Our upstairs is all ugly brown carpet that came with the house. We will replace it eventually. But I clean it monthly or more. It takes 30min or so, and I kinda like doing it lol Its super satisfying

https://www.walmart.com/ip/43349972?...&wl13=&veh=sem

I had a Bissel and now I have a hoover. Our dogs super long hair messed up the last one, we weren't careful enough about vacuuming before using it. We had to vacuum 2x due to his fur They cost around $100 and renting one from Lowes or the gocery store was around $30 so we figured it was well worth it.
AmyKidsCo 01:04 PM 09-08-2016
I do my own several times a year. I have a Little Green Machine I use for small messes and a Bissel steam cleaner for when I do the whole carpet. I love both of them.
Orange2001 01:37 PM 09-08-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't have carpet.
I hate carpet.

So JEALOUS!!! We have hardwood in the living room/ daycare room, and laminate wood floors in the kitchen and dinner area, but our laundry room that connects the two and the second entrance is nasty carpet I hate it, we own the tile it came with the house but the install price quote was a little more then we can handle right now...
MissAnn 02:18 PM 09-08-2016
Thanks for the recommendations! We would love to replace them with hardwood or laminate. Unfortunately we have a mountain of medical bills. I'm surprised how affordable the shampooers are!
Leigh 04:14 PM 09-08-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't have carpet.
I hate carpet.

I hate carpet, too! I just had decided on a luxury vinyl tile for my house, finally had the cash to pay for it, and then got hit with some huge health issues that are going to eat up all of my tile money. Grr. Carpet is disgusting-I was so looking forward to getting rid of mine.
DaveA 03:55 AM 09-09-2016
We have a Bissel and clean them ourselves pretty regularly.
Cat Herder 10:28 AM 11-13-2018
3rd spam post above.
Leigh 11:50 AM 11-14-2018
Since the post was already bumped...

My 12 year old Bissell finally died on me, and though I didn't want to spend the money, I bought he Bissell Big Green Clean Machine (the commercial style).

IT. IS. AWESOME!!!

Seriously, it is easy to use, the tanks are HUGE, the cord is LONG, and it cleans in BOTH directions (Rug Doctor only cleans in one direction). I thought that my old Bissell did a good job, but this one made my VERY old, VERY stained carpets look like brand new, and I only used Bissell solution! I used to have to use my own, homemade solution with oxi clean, laundry detergent, fabric softener, bleach, and 409-it was the ONLY way my carpets got clean enough. This thing cleaned fast, and it sucked the water out of the carpet very well.

If anyone is needing a new machine, this is the only one-for real! I am in love! Haven't tried the upholstery attachment yet, but this weekend, I have a date with that! Here's a link for you all (It is down to $319!):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Tags:2016, carpet cleaner
Reply Up