Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This a Law?
MissAnn 05:01 AM 03-04-2014
The first kid to arrive must be the last kid to leave and that kid will be the most chatty of all your kids?
JoseyJo 05:10 AM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
The first kid to arrive must be the last kid to leave and that kid will be the most chatty of all your kids?
Yep! Because that kid doesn't see his parents enough and is yearning for attention. The type of parents who leave their child at daycare for extended hours tend to be the types that dont pay attention to their children when they do have them too. So the children tend to be the most attention seeking everywhere, including daycare. They are the talkers, whiners, complainers, troublemakers because any type of attention is good attention...
MissAnn 05:34 AM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
Yep! Because that kid doesn't see his parents enough and is yearning for attention. The type of parents who leave their child at daycare for extended hours tend to be the types that dont pay attention to their children when they do have them too. So the children tend to be the most attention seeking everywhere, including daycare. They are the talkers, whiners, complainers, troublemakers because any type of attention is good attention...
And even when they are off work and when the rest of the family is home, they bring him in.
melilley 06:38 AM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
And even when they are off work and when the rest of the family is home, they bring him in.
I have a dcf like that here. During Christmas the whole family went to grandma's to make cookies, including dcb's older brother. Dcb was here. And every day this woman has off, dcb is here, it's very rare if she keeps him home. She even gets off of work fairly early, but has dcd pick him up, 2 1/2 hours after she gets out...and they only live 10 min away.

Today he came early-before I open because dcd had an early training and dcm had to be to work so I let him come 1.5 hours early and she's picking up, but I bet she'll milk the time! We'll see.
NoMoreJuice! 06:51 AM 03-04-2014
I have one like that too...my absolute favorite child ever, but seriously neglected at home. Her mom brings her at 5:45, works from 6-2, then picks up right at closing at 5:30. THEN she takes dcg straight to Grandma's so she can go home and have "me time."

On Fridays Grandma picks her up and drops her off Monday morning. I suspect dcg doesn't see her mom all weekend long, but I really just don't want to ask. I know mom is young and single, so she's probably hitting the bars with friends all weekend. Who has time for a kid when you just want to have fun??

She also drops off at 5:45am on her occasional DAY OFF. I'm like, seriously? You want to get rid of your child so badly that you get up that early and drive to my house on your day off in the dark and in the freezing cold?? That's dedication.

I am aware that Grandma and I are enabling this behavior, but I would rather have dcg here. I absolutely love her, and I would adopt her in a heartbeat. However, contract renewals are coming up, and things are going to change.
Tags:long hours in care, long timer
Reply Up