Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ungrateful Parents at Christmas Time
delferka 05:35 PM 12-23-2014
While I don't expect any gifts from my kids or parents at Christmastime, I do have lovely families that either give a homemade gift, a card or an actual gift of thanks, I'm bothered tonight about one set of parents.
I take such good care of her daughter 5 days per week for $35 per day. What's that $4 bucks an hour?
Her child 2.5 yo is the most difficult child that I have and she knows it. Sometimes she just hands her to me in the morning and says good luck. It's been quite a challenge over the last year and a half.

Today I gave dcg a nice Christmas present and Mom didn't even tell her to say thank you, nor did she even give me a card or say Merry Christmas!! I feel used by this insensitive woman and I'm pretty strong. Maybe i'm watching to many scroodgy movies!

Any thoughts? Grrrr
daycare 05:38 PM 12-23-2014
Originally Posted by delferka:
While I don't expect any gifts from my kids or parents at Christmastime, I do have lovely families that either give a homemade gift, a card or an actual gift of thanks, I'm bothered tonight about one set of parents.
I take such good care of her daughter 5 days per week for $35 per day. What's that $4 bucks an hour?
Her child 2.5 yo is the most difficult child that I have and she knows it. Sometimes she just hands her to me in the morning and says good luck. It's been quite a challenge over the last year and a half.

Today I gave dcg a nice Christmas present and Mom didn't even tell her to say thank you, nor did she even give me a card or say Merry Christmas!! I feel used by this insensitive woman and I'm pretty strong. Maybe i'm watching to many scroodgy movies!

Any thoughts? Grrrr
sad to say this happens much more often than I wish it did...sucks
delferka 05:42 PM 12-23-2014
It does suck since she's here more then she's home!
daycare 05:45 PM 12-23-2014
Originally Posted by delferka:
It does suck since she's here more then she's home!
a lot of parents don't realize a good thing until its gone. I would say 8 out of 10 parents that have left my program in the last 5 years have always asked to come back. They leave when they don't get their way here and then once they realize oh crap I just gave up a really good thing, they come running back.

Of course I enjoy the no, sorry we filled your spot!!!
Sugar Magnolia 05:27 AM 12-24-2014
I'm sorry you are not appreciated by this family. It's funny how the difficult children always seem to be in care the longest hours, are never kept home when parents are off work, and have the rudest parents.

sahm1225 06:03 AM 12-24-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I'm sorry you are not appreciated by this family. It's funny how the difficult children always seem to be in care the longest hours, are never kept home when parents are off work, and have the rudest parents.

THAT is probably the reason they are difficult. I'm sorry you weren't appreciated by the family. I would've reminded the child to say 'thank you' if I was in your shoes. I would figure that I can't teach the adult manners but I could surely teach the child
momofboys 08:10 AM 12-24-2014
So sorry! Know that you are appreciated here & your hard work is not unnoticed. Try not to let it bother you although I know it is hard!
Reply Up