Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toddler Eye Level Pictures
Unregistered 06:40 AM 10-05-2011
I keep reading that you should have pictures at eye level for your children to see. I have toddlers and anything I put on wall that is within reach becomes fair game to rip, lick and crumple. What do you keep down low for your group? How do you stop them from pulling everything off?
momofsix 07:23 AM 10-05-2011
I use contact paper to hold things on the wall that are down low. The contact paper is much larger than whatever I'm hanging up so the edge isn't very visible. So far it's worked for me!
godiva83 07:33 AM 10-05-2011
I got my hubby to put a piece of Plexiglas down low screwed into the wall where it is very easy to take off and replace so I can switch the pictures up very easily
Blackcat31 07:44 AM 10-05-2011
I am in the process of having my DH put plexi-glass panels over my cupboard doors. I will then slip photos from home and art work from the children into the doors. This way it is all at their eye level and will be changeable when necessary.
SilverSabre25 08:01 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by godiva83:
I got my hubby to put a piece of Plexiglas down low screwed into the wall where it is very easy to take off and replace so I can switch the pictures up very easily
I'm thinking of doing this...I'm thinking of making a wooden "frame" of pieces of wood screwed into the wall with the plexiglass over it, leaving enough space between the plexiglass and the wall to slide a piece of cork in. Then I can switch out the pictures/add new ones anytime I want.
Blackcat31 08:05 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I'm thinking of doing this...I'm thinking of making a wooden "frame" of pieces of wood screwed into the wall with the plexiglass over it, leaving enough space between the plexiglass and the wall to slide a piece of cork in. Then I can switch out the pictures/add new ones anytime I want.
that's a great idea! I am sure that you can make one cheaper than they sell them
http://www.constructiveplaythings.co...m?pf_id=JON-76
SilverSabre25 08:14 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
that's a great idea! I am sure that you can make one cheaper than they sell them
http://www.constructiveplaythings.co...m?pf_id=JON-76
omg, definitely! Yikes! That's expensive! Yes, making it will be TONS cheaper.
godiva83 09:13 AM 10-05-2011
That is exactly what I have- but painted wood white! It was pretty easy and DH is not even that handy.
Tags:age appropriate, hanging posters
Reply Up