Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>=-) I tricked them!!!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 07:52 AM 09-28-2009
I small diced red peppers and sprinkled them on pineapple cubes. Told them it was a candy topping and they asked for more,.. 4 kids went through 1/3 a red pepper!!!! (dont like vegatable my hootie!). You just have to present it right! lol
tinytotzdaycare 08:00 AM 09-28-2009
HA HA! Funny, and I agree, if you toss them in they will eat them! We add canned corn into our goulash and the kids gobble it right up. It also helps to add red and green bell pepper into grilled chesse sandwhiches!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:55 AM 09-28-2009
ooooh,... grilled cheese! Great idea!
Chickenhauler 09:02 PM 09-28-2009
Good thinking!

The best trick I've ever found to getting kids to eat any vegetable.....Velveeta cheese. But that stuff on anything, and kids will scarf it up.
ConcernedMotherof2 08:18 AM 09-29-2009
I do the same thing at home with homemade pizza... all kinds of vegetables are hidden under my cheese, finely chopped so the kids have no idea. I love your red pepper idea--I will definitely give that a shot!
tinytotzdaycare 08:50 AM 09-29-2009
we do this as well, its a great place to hide all kinds of "healthy things" In the minds of kiddos, pizza is pizza!!! HA HA!!

I am located in Iowa and with chilly weather on its way, it will soon be stew and soup season...I always add extra canned or fresh carrots/corn/g.beans to soups for 2 reasons..its healthy and it makes it stretch a little further!
Reply Up