Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
hope 10:59 AM 02-06-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My version of this is the mom who sad-talks her 2 yr old until he cries. Then she tells me I HAVE TO GO TO WORK in an angr y voice and leaves dcb sobbing on the floor crawling after her.
She just cant stand to leave him happy.
The emotional damage is hard to witness. It's sad because as much as I try and put all my efforts into fixing the problem, I just can't compete with crazy. I don't understand it. I have tried to talk and to listen and I just don't get it.
Turquoise14 01:50 PM 02-06-2015
Two vents in one day....

I will never understand why you would coddle and give a pacifier. "Oh, honey it's alright", when your child is acting badly at pickup saying no and unloading the diaper bag.
Bookworm 06:25 AM 02-07-2015
My version of this is the mom who sad-talks her 2 yr old until he cries. Then she tells me I HAVE TO GO TO WORK in an angr y voice and leaves dcb sobbing on the floor crawling after her.
She just cant stand to leave him happy.
I have a "Klingon" parent who had a full on tantrum complete with crying and everything, because her dd wouldn't tell her bye a billion times. She scared every child in the room and another parent had to help us calm them down. She now has a 2 min dropoffs and if she tries to go beyond that, she is asked to leave.
Play Care 03:20 AM 02-09-2015
I decided to delay opening this morning rather than close due to the snow. It's going to take me extra time to clear out walkways and I'm hoping the plow shows up before the parents. I've texted everyone and let them know there will be no breakfast this morning because of it.

How much do you want to bet someone shows up at normal time? Or at the later time and hungry?

God, I've become so cynical!
Unregistered 06:22 AM 02-09-2015
Dcb comes in EVERY morning and the minute someone looks at him wrong or is playing with something he wants he starts screaming and throwing a fit. Mom expects the other kids to hand over whatever he wants. He spends a lot of time in time out for tantrums. He acts as if the other kids should drop everything because he walked in the door! It's frustrating because dcm okays that kind of behavior. He gets away with murder at home so I should tolerate it here?! Not going to happen!
e.j. 11:59 AM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
DCM I am going to pay you half now and half later. ME I am going to let you take dcb to work with you until you can pay me in full. DMC Oh... and hands me the full amount
My new favorite quote in bold!
e.j. 12:22 PM 02-09-2015
My very first Venting Thread vent: If I never see another snowflake for the rest of my life it'll be too soon!!!!! First it was a storm that brought close to a foot of snow. Then came a blizzard that brought 3 feet of snow. Last week, we got another almost 2 feet of snow and today...close to another foot and a half of snow. This is within a 3 week span of time. They're calling for the potential of 2 more storms later this week - Thursday into Friday and Saturday or Sunday, both also have the potential for being big storms. I know some of you get this every winter and love it but I've had it! (Honestly, I'm in awe! I don't know how you do it!!) There's literally nowhere to put the snow and it's been soooooo cold along with each storm . The snow banks surrounding my driveway are so high, I can't lift the snow I shovel high enough to clear them. It all comes right back down at me. A move to Florida is looking better and better with each storm!
Unregistered 02:46 PM 02-09-2015
Dear Parents, Please pick up when you say you are going to.
Maggie 08:14 AM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
My very first Venting Thread vent: If I never see another snowflake for the rest of my life it'll be too soon!!!!! First it was a storm that brought close to a foot of snow. Then came a blizzard that brought 3 feet of snow. Last week, we got another almost 2 feet of snow and today...close to another foot and a half of snow. This is within a 3 week span of time. They're calling for the potential of 2 more storms later this week - Thursday into Friday and Saturday or Sunday, both also have the potential for being big storms. I know some of you get this every winter and love it but I've had it! (Honestly, I'm in awe! I don't know how you do it!!) There's literally nowhere to put the snow and it's been soooooo cold along with each storm . The snow banks surrounding my driveway are so high, I can't lift the snow I shovel high enough to clear them. It all comes right back down at me. A move to Florida is looking better and better with each storm!
My daughter lives in Vermont and she sent me a vent text this morning saying almost exactly this.
Controlled Chaos 08:36 AM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
My new favorite quote in bold!

Sunshine74 11:12 AM 02-10-2015
Why in the world would you put your newly potty trained child in a onsie?! I just don't understand people's lack of logic sometimes.
Controlled Chaos 12:39 PM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Why in the world would you put your newly potty trained child in a onsie?! I just don't understand people's lack of logic sometimes.

I don't even like onsies for my kids once they are walking well. It might be due to a gap in my fine motor skills though. Snaps are HARD
Leigh 12:49 PM 02-10-2015

I don't even like onsies for my kids once they are walking well. It might be due to a gap in my fine motor skills though. Snaps are HARD
I hate onesies altogether, but those rompers with all the snaps don't bother me at all! My current 16 month old foster son just went into onesies today-the little turd started taking off his pants and diaper, so I put him in sleepers (with snaps), he opened two of them up, took off his diaper, and pooped on the carpet. So I then went to zip up footie pajamas 24/7. He STILL got his diaper off with those on (smallest size that I could get on him), so now, he's in a onesie. If he gets it off with that thing on, I don't know what I'll do!
VTMom 05:56 AM 02-11-2015
When I booked my doctor's appointment a year ago for tonight at 6:00, I thought it was so convenient that I wouldn't have to close early...until I was reminded this past Monday that I need to fast for 12 hours with nothing but water. It's going to be a very long and hungry day!
JoseyJo 06:17 AM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I hate onesies altogether, but those rompers with all the snaps don't bother me at all! My current 16 month old foster son just went into onesies today-the little turd started taking off his pants and diaper, so I put him in sleepers (with snaps), he opened two of them up, took off his diaper, and pooped on the carpet. So I then went to zip up footie pajamas 24/7. He STILL got his diaper off with those on (smallest size that I could get on him), so now, he's in a onesie. If he gets it off with that thing on, I don't know what I'll do!
Backwards footed pjs (ala Nanny de!). Just get one size up, and watch her youtube tutorial on how to put them on- its under Tori Fees I think. If that doesnt work she has something else she puts on top of the pjs that makes it totally impossible for the kid to take off by themselves (cant remember what but search backward footed pjs on this site and I am sure you will find it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_riVVKms31I
Turquoise14 10:05 AM 02-11-2015
I have a biter today. Hate having to tell the parent this happened.
melilley 10:20 AM 02-11-2015
I'm having a grumpy day today. I have 3 rambunctious boys, 2.5-3 years, today who just won't listen, one of which is my ds. One will do things and just smile when I redirect him. My dh keeps leaving things around and I have to keep picking up after him and when I say something, he acts like what he leaves around is no big deal, but I work hard to keep my house clean with 5 toddlers and a dh. And to top it off, I have a child who comes every other week and today is his day; he is very hyper also. I feel like all I'm doing is nagging, but they won't listen! If I get an activity out, they're fine, but as soon as it's done, free play is ridiculous!

One of my dcg's grandma's just picked up and I went into the bathroom I noticed that I had a big red spice from Italian dressing in my tooth. I'm 15 weeks preggo and can't seem to gain any energy. I can't wait for today to be over!

OK, my rant is over.
Sunshine74 10:49 AM 02-11-2015

I have the same issue with the snaps. And since we change the kids standing up, they are extra hard to do. I understand that it's cold outside, but undershirts work just as well.
melilley 10:55 AM 02-11-2015
Or bibs?

I have a 15 month old, who dcm and dcd said went on the potty all day one day. I've tried it here a few times and she has actually went and when she doesn't, you can see her really trying...lol

Well one day, dcd asked me if she tried to go potty. I replied that she couldn't get her onesies off herself, so no. He replied saying she needs help. This family is semi-friends with ours, but I couldn't tell if he was kidding or not. But all I could think was, if she is going potty, why in the heck is she wearing a onesie, sometimes 2?!

I don't potty train that young, but I do sometimes let them try if they are interested.
Snowmom 09:02 AM 02-12-2015
2 yr old dcg who recently had a nasty cold arrives (with the parent who takes FOREVER to say goodbye to "princess"), 5 minutes later, green snot starts pouring out of her nose. 1 full hour of this, I take a picture of her face covered with green snot and text mom "Secondary infection set in, it's been constant since you've left".
Mom texts back: "Oh, do I have to come get her?".

Um... yes.
I don't want to spend our entire day running after princess with a box of Kleenex. Jeez.
Play Care 09:24 AM 02-12-2015
We are scheduled to leave for Florida on Sunday. Of course we are supposed to get a "clipper" overnight Saturday into Sunday. Snow more near where we are leaving from. Dear God, I just want to get out of the snow!!!
Blackcat31 12:06 PM 02-12-2015
....having to discipline my new DCB (age 4) for using profanity.....more than once.

Not sure what his father will think/say.....

......considering he is the new pastor at the Community Presbyterian Church.
Unregistered 01:15 PM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
....having to discipline my new DCB (age 4) for using profanity.....more than once.

Not sure what his father will think/say.....

......considering he is the new pastor at the Community Presbyterian Church.
This made me laugh. Let us know how it goes.
Play Care 01:23 PM 02-12-2015
me too
DaveA 12:17 PM 02-13-2015
Gee Son of mine- I've been open 9 years & you lived here for the first 7 1/2 of those. Naptime has been the same time every one of those days. So I'm sorry if my greeting wasn't too darn warm & fuzzy when you walked in talking on your cellphone 20 min into Naptime. No- I'm not annoyed in the least you woke up both babies & re energized the 2 y/o who hates naps & now didn't go to sleep at all.
AmyLeigh 02:17 PM 02-13-2015
Dear dcb,

No, I will not give you food every hour on the hour. If you really are as hungry as you say, then when the next meal/snack time arrives, you will eat more than 3 bites before saying that you are full. If you do that, you will not be hungry an hour later. I know that you don't get food every hour at pre-K, so why do you ask for it here?

TGIF. I'm done.
Blackcat31 02:17 PM 02-13-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
me too
....it lead to termination.

They will be notified next week. (I have to find "just the right" words to use in my letter so I notice hasn't been given just yet.)

I can manage an occasional naughty word now and then.....

......but I can NOT manage a parent (or two) who feel reprimanding their potty mouthed child is stifling his creative expression and denying him his right to convey his feelings.

I'm pretty sure Jesus would agree with me here.
finsup 02:25 PM 02-13-2015
I mentioned a consignment sale I do twice a year to a dcm...her response "Oh I couldn't do that. I WORk full time and have him (referring to DCB)". Yeah...because I don't work or have two kids, right. Its just that I work typically 50 hours a week and have 2 kids as opposed to one but you know, I'm not doing as much. Ugh it annoys me to no end that parents think I'm not working.
e.j. 12:52 PM 02-15-2015
We are scheduled to leave for Florida on Sunday. Of course we are supposed to get a "clipper" overnight Saturday into Sunday. Snow more near where we are leaving from. Dear God, I just want to get out of the snow!!!
Oh, I hope you got out! I'd love to fly down to FL but I'm afraid I'd never want to come back!
e.j. 12:56 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by VTMom:
When I booked my doctor's appointment a year ago for tonight at 6:00, I thought it was so convenient that I wouldn't have to close early...until I was reminded this past Monday that I need to fast for 12 hours with nothing but water. It's going to be a very long and hungry day!
That must have been a long day for you! I hope all is okay.
NightOwl 08:28 AM 02-17-2015
Idk how much longer I can tolerate the behavior of this child. He's HORRIBLE. If his mom wasn't so great and trying so hard, he would've been gone already. I'm trying to hold out until May when my new infant starts, just so I don't lose the income. But sometimes money isn't worth your sanity.
daycarediva 10:26 AM 02-17-2015
I took yesterday off/scheduled since January. A dcm came in this morning and the following conversation ensued
dcm "What did you have to do yesterday?"
me "What do you mean?"
dcm "well you were closed...."
me "Oh, nothing. My kids and dh had the day off so I thought it would be nice to spend the extra day together."
dcm "Must be nice!"
me "That's how I feel about your Fridays."

It slipped out before I realized what I was saying- child attends FT even though Mom works M-TH. She has EVERY FRIDAY to herself. I get that she shops, cleans, does laundry and catch up things, but not all day, and not every Friday. Her dh also takes Fridays off and they spend the day together or do their own thing. REALLY LADY!!?
daycare 10:29 AM 02-17-2015
LMAO I love it,..... I wish I had the nerves to say things like that!!
Rockgirl 10:46 AM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I took yesterday off/scheduled since January. A dcm came in this morning and the following conversation ensued
me "What do you mean?"
me "Oh, nothing. My kids and dh had the day off so I thought it would be nice to spend the extra day together."
dcm "Must be nice!"

It slipped out before I realized what I was saying- child attends FT even though Mom works M-TH. She has EVERY FRIDAY to herself. I get that she shops, cleans, does laundry and catch up things, but not all day, and not every Friday. Her dh also takes Fridays off and they spend the day together or do their own thing. REALLY LADY!!?
Good for you!
jgcp 05:36 AM 02-18-2015
me "What do you mean?"
dcm "Must be nice!"

Thats awesome!!! Lolol!! Way to go!
Second Home 05:42 AM 02-18-2015

Annalee 06:17 AM 02-18-2015
dcb4 that I have had since birth come in kicking/screaming and mom wanted me to deal with it...NOPE, I will not peel him off of you....she says " he is mad because his school-age sister is home"....Your problem NOT MINE, lady! She said "I have to go to work"....YEP you do, but your husband didn't and he is home. She ended up carrying him and putting him on the couch and left him there where he still is!!!!!!! NO I did not reply with what I have stated here but I sure was thinking it

There is lots of ice and snow here which we are NOT used to. NO kids came yesterday and only 3 today so after being off Pres. Day, it has been a slow week!
Leigh 06:37 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
dcb4 that I have had since birth come in kicking/screaming and mom wanted me to deal with it...NOPE, I will not peel him off of you....she says " he is mad because his school-age sister is home"....Your problem NOT MINE, lady! She said "I have to go to work"....YEP you do, but your husband didn't and he is home. She ended up carrying him and putting him on the couch and left him there where he still is!!!!!!! NO I did not reply with what I have stated here but I sure was thinking it

There is lots of ice and snow here which we are NOT used to. NO kids came yesterday and only 3 today so after being off Pres. Day, it has been a slow week!
It's amazing that these parents can not figure out how much it hurts to know that Mom or Dad is at home and don't want them there!
LysesKids 07:15 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:

At least you got to open AnnaLee.. we got so much Ice just north of you, that I have been without power since Monday ( all the parents had called off that day thankfully), however it looks like I have to stay closed as I won't get power back until at least tomorrow and i have lost most the food in the fridge - I'm sitting in a hotel loosing income and it sucks, however no way in hell will I sleep in a house reading 23 when outside is suppose to be -20 in the morning I did that for 2 nights hoping, but now I am worried about pipes freezing and busting on top of food loss. My insurance agent hasn't opened either due to power outages, so I may not be able to file a claim til next week; by then we will know damages
Annalee 07:21 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
At least you got to open AnnaLee.. we got so much Ice just north of you, that I have been without power since Monday ( all the parents had called off that day thankfully), however it looks like I have to stay closed as I won't get power back until at least tomorrow and i have lost most the food in the fridge - I'm sitting in a hotel loosing income and it sucks, however no way in hell will I sleep in a house reading 23 when outside is suppose to be -20 in the morning I did that for 2 nights hoping, but now I am worried about pipes freezing and busting on top of food loss. My insurance agent hasn't opened either due to power outages, so I may not be able to file a claim til next week; by then we will know damages
Our county had 4000 without power between sun and tues...but all have it now I think. It is snowing hard here right now on top of the ice. We will be out of school all week. I love snow but do not like ice!
Annalee 07:26 AM 02-18-2015
It's amazing that these parents can not figure out how much it hurts to know that Mom or Dad is at home and don't want them there!
Yep, I have come a long way in not letting it bother me when parents bring their kids when they are off by setting up my contract to alleviate most issues BUT I will NOT succomb to pulling children off their parents because of it. I made mom deal with the entire issue. She DID NOT like it either. I could have dealt with it because he would NOT have kicked me but his actions were the consequences of her decision!!!!
Kabob 08:07 AM 02-18-2015
Newly 2 yo dcb needs constant redirection lately. If I have to say "no take" or "go play" one more time I'll scream...
daycarediva 09:29 AM 02-18-2015
Or when the promise to 'come early' to do something fun when they're off and never show, or show 15 minutes early.

They're people- they have feelings!
Leigh 10:49 AM 02-18-2015
Or when the promise to 'come early' to do something fun when they're off and never show, or show 15 minutes early.

They're people- they have feelings!
So true. Unfortunately, "Mom time, Dad time, 'our' time" is so much more important that kid time to some parents. I am all for parents getting some of "their" time, even on a daycare day every once in a while, but for God's sake, DON'T tell your 4-year old that Mommy or Daddy is staying home while the kid goes to daycare!
Maggie 11:33 AM 02-18-2015
So dcm your not willing to risk your job by taking off or going in late but it's okay for me to risk mine by giving dcb3 a medication to control his cough when you know I'm not allowed to give him anything without a doctor's note and the medication is for 6 and over! Nope come get him.
hope 04:41 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Maggie:
So dcm your not willing to risk your job by taking off or going in late but it's okay for me to risk mine by giving dcb3 a medication to control his cough when you know I'm not allowed to give him anything without a doctor's note and the medication is for 6 and over! Nope come get him.
Parents seem to try to slip the meds in the diaper bag and mention it as they are walking out the door. My response is "if he needs the meds I'll let you know so you can pick up. Thanks! Have a great day!"
jgcp 05:59 AM 02-19-2015
I cant wait for spring break!!!Dcg 4yo has become such a trouble maker and COMPLETELY ignores me , that im ready for a break thats longer than a weekend. Her mom is a teacher so shes off when mom is. One more month I just gotta hang in there...
MsLisa 09:46 AM 02-26-2015
Dear Boss,
I know you hate your job. I know you can't wait till your wife is done with med school so you can move out of the state and become the spanish teacher you really want to be. I know you are not "qualified" for this and literally count the days till you leave. But for the love of Zeus can you please ACT like you care? Act like this place isn't your jail cell. Seriously, like fake it if you have to. You come in looking like a stressed out Eeyore, heaven forbid I have to tell or ask you something. I try not to be a pest but I seem to be the only one here who cares at this point. I take my small little job very seriously and I think i'm good at it but I can never tell. I'm older than you and it really shows sometimes. I wish you would stand up to parents, stop hiding and moping around. Stop making this all feel like a burden. Its bringing bad mojo into my classroom and frankly bumming me out too.

/Vent,
ME
Second Home 10:55 AM 02-26-2015
Doorbell rings this morning , I open it and see dcb standing there alone . I look up and see the adult parked in the road she waves and gets in the car and drives off .
My driveway is at least 100ft long and she sent him down by himself .

Why would an adult think this is o.k. ?
daycarediva 02:57 PM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Doorbell rings this morning , I open it and see dcb standing there alone . I look up and see the adult parked in the road she waves and gets in the car and drives off .
My driveway is at least 100ft long and she sent him down by himself .

Why would an adult think this is o.k. ?
I had a dcm owe me money (didn't pay Friday, owed money + fee on Monday). Drop her child on the porch and RUN down the walkway to her car. THANK GOD the bus was late and SA dck saw him, because he was going to play in the snow and was NOT coming in the house!!! I called her and all of her contacts on repeat until I got ahold of her and DEMANDED she come pay me or come get him (policy). She was soooo embarrassed. Dck also told his grandparents at pickup what dcm did. Dcgrandma was like
momofboys 09:38 AM 02-27-2015
I used to provide in-home care but in the last few years (since all my own kids are in school full-time) I have been working as a part-time nanny. It works well for me as I only choose positions that work with my kids' schedule & allow me to have summers off. I am currently between jobs. I had TWO offers for part-time jobs & I picked one (apparently the wrong one!) of the jobs but held off on saying NO to the other family (thank goodness). Family that hired me wanted me to start in a few weeks. We had agreed on a set hourly rate. Earlier this week I received an e-mail from the DCM & I have to admit I was rather surprised LOL. Here it is (I have protected their names!)

"Hi! Tom and I had talked about everything and also conversed with our family and friends that do babysitting both in and out of the house. We were wondering since we looked into some other options would you consider doing three days a week 6 hours a day same hours that we talked about, 9-3:00, for a weekly rate of $140. We were going to push back the start date because somethings weren't set up for work for me like I wanted them to be but we were able to get that managed. So March 10 for shadowing would be wonderful and then starting on March 11 would be great. Let me know if that rate works for you and we can move on from there. Thanks so much!!!"

And just in case you were wondering we had agreed on a rate of $13/hr (for one kid in my area this isn't too bad). I was just shaking my head half laughing when I read her e-mail & half wondering how I pick out the nut jobs? How did she go from happily being willing to pay $13/hr to only $7 something???? Of course I promptly e-mailed her back & let her know that unfortunately I would not be able to work for $7 something an hour & I briefly explained why. Still haven't heard back from her but probably for the best LOL. The good news is I start with another family next week who so far has not taken back the rate they promised me! Just needed to vent & get ity out there. I am still shocked.
momofboys 09:40 AM 02-27-2015
I had a dcm owe me money (didn't pay Friday, owed money + fee on Monday). Drop her child on the porch and RUN down the walkway to her car. THANK GOD the bus was late and SA dck saw him, because he was going to play in the snow and was NOT coming in the house!!! I called her and all of her contacts on repeat until I got ahold of her and DEMANDED she come pay me or come get him (policy). She was soooo embarrassed. Dck also told his grandparents at pickup what dcm did. Dcgrandma was like

Play Care 09:48 AM 02-27-2015
Originally Posted by momofboys:
I used to provide in-home care but in the last few years (since all my own kids are in school full-time) I have been working as a part-time nanny. It works well for me as I only choose positions that work with my kids' schedule & allow me to have summers off. I am currently between jobs. I had TWO offers for part-time jobs & I picked one (apparently the wrong one!) of the jobs but held off on saying NO to the other family (thank goodness). Family that hired me wanted me to start in a few weeks. We had agreed on a set hourly rate. Yesterday I received an e-mail from the DCM & I have to admit I was rather surprised LOL. Here it is (I have protected their names!)

"Hi! Tom and I had talked about everything and also conversed with our family and friends that do babysitting both in and out of the house. We were wondering since we looked into some other options would you consider doing three days a week 6 hours a day same hours that we talked about, 9-3:00, for a weekly rate of $140. We were going to push back the start date because somethings weren't set up for work for me like I wanted them to be but we were able to get that managed. So March 10 for shadowing would be wonderful and then starting on March 11 would be great. Let me know if that rate works for you and we can move on from there. Thanks so much!!!"

And just in case you were wondering we had agreed on a rate of $13/hr (for one kid in my area this isn't too bad). I was just shaking my head half laughing when I read her e-mail & half wondering how I pick out the nut jobs? How did she go from happily being willing to pay $13/hr to only $7 something???? Of course I promptly e-mailed her back & let her know that unfortunately I would not be able to work for $7 something an hour & I briefly explained why. Still haven't heard back from her but probably for the best LOL. The good news is I start with another family next week who so far has not taken back the rate they promised me! Just needed to vent & get ity out there. I am still shocked.
Underlined part - so that was her way of saying "we talked to other people and you're too expensive" ?!?!
Nutjobs! So glad you are starting with the other family!
momofboys 10:06 AM 02-27-2015
Underlined part - so that was her way of saying "we talked to other people and you're too expensive" ?!?!
Nutjobs! So glad you are starting with the other family!
Exactly! I was just so surprised that they would think I would agree, or maybe when they realized they could save $$$ with going to in-home care they decided a nanny was too much & probably realized I would turn down their generous offer. I just wish they hadn't wasted my time. The good thing was I was able to contact the other family & set a start date.
Leigh 01:58 PM 02-27-2015
Originally Posted by momofboys:
I used to provide in-home care but in the last few years (since all my own kids are in school full-time) I have been working as a part-time nanny. It works well for me as I only choose positions that work with my kids' schedule & allow me to have summers off. I am currently between jobs. I had TWO offers for part-time jobs & I picked one (apparently the wrong one!) of the jobs but held off on saying NO to the other family (thank goodness). Family that hired me wanted me to start in a few weeks. We had agreed on a set hourly rate. Earlier this week I received an e-mail from the DCM & I have to admit I was rather surprised LOL. Here it is (I have protected their names!)

I don't think I could have been very nice-I'd have probably just responded with 'I think that you should go with one of your inexpensive family/friends, as I am obviously too expensive for you'.
AmyLeigh 02:01 PM 02-27-2015
I guess I'm not doing a very good job at being the adult in charge because my 6 & 8 yo children have decided they need to take over. They are bossing the other kids around and constantly reporting things that I see/hear also since I am in the same room. It's really getting on my already stressed out nerves.

TGIF.
Unregistered 06:43 PM 02-27-2015
I have a dcm who wants for me to give her 7 month old only 1 scoop of formula in a 3oz bottle only once a day I cant find rules or laws on that anywhere. tn
Unregistered 07:21 PM 02-27-2015
I have a dcm who wants for me to give her 7 month old only 1 scoop of formula in a 3oz bottle only once a day I cant find rules or laws on that anywhere. tn
That sound like child neglect. There is no way in heck that is enough for a 7 month old. If I were you I would keep a close eye on that baby.
LysesKids 04:04 AM 02-28-2015
OK that is neglect... is the child eating any solids yet? BTW, I always keep back up formula here so that no baby goes hungry regardless of moms request... if you follow her instructions, you too are causing the neglect
Turquoise14 01:17 PM 03-02-2015
I don't know how your children don't have a hundred teeth with all the "teething" going on.
Bookworm 07:06 PM 03-02-2015
Originally Posted by Turquoise14:
I don't know how your children don't have a hundred teeth with all the "teething" going on.
I've always said that as much as some kids are "teething", their mouths should look like a shark.
Controlled Chaos 12:29 PM 03-05-2015
Me: We are having breakfast for lunch today! Pancakes and scrambled eggs for lunch, isn't that silly!?
DCB1: No, not really.
DCB2: What shape are you making them?
Me: Probably circles and ovals today
DCB1: I want a Micky Mouse!
DCB2: I want a gingerbread man one!
Me: Well today you get circles.
DCB3: But you are making us each our favorite kind right?
Me: If your favorite kind, is pancakes with syrup, then yes.

I am having a super rough patience day and was excited to give them a fun lunch I mean, they all loved it once they had a plate in front of them and each ate three helpings lol, but they were such turds about it.
MsLisa 08:18 AM 03-09-2015
Is it "Pick on the Aftercare Program Coordinator" week or something?!?!

1. Had a TSS worker more than once tell me I shouldn't be spending a single penny on my aftercare kids and classroom. When I brought in a dozen donuts during my lunch break she asked me why I did this and when I replied "because someone has to love them", she snarly goes "love doesn't cost a thing". Now I feel ashamed every time I bring or consider new stuff for the classroom.

2. Had a random gentleman strike up a convo while I was cleaning this morning and when I told him my job he goes "And what do you plan on doing?". As in my job was nothing....like a toilet cleaner....

3. Friday someone called a complaint about me, saying I was showing Chucky videos on my phone and now their kid has nightmares. Lie. Big huge lie. My phone is always in my back pocket and is used strictly for timing the kid's computer time. We did talk about the movie Chucky once, a month ago, it was because another kid brought it up and the convo literally lasted 2 minutes tops. The complaint person is a known sh*t starter. Oh joy!

Between all the staffs stupid whining and unthankful parents, I'm already fed up and its only Monday.
Bookworm 09:45 AM 03-09-2015
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
Is it "Pick on the Aftercare Program Coordinator" week or something?!?!

1. Had a TSS worker more than once tell me I shouldn't be spending a single penny on my aftercare kids and classroom. When I brought in a dozen donuts during my lunch break she asked me why I did this and when I replied "because someone has to love them", she snarly goes "love doesn't cost a thing". Now I feel ashamed every time I bring or consider new stuff for the classroom.

2. Had a random gentleman strike up a convo while I was cleaning this morning and when I told him my job he goes "And what do you plan on doing?". As in my job was nothing....like a toilet cleaner....

3. Friday someone called a complaint about me, saying I was showing Chucky videos on my phone and now their kid has nightmares. Lie. Big huge lie. My phone is always in my back pocket and is used strictly for timing the kid's computer time. We did talk about the movie Chucky once, a month ago, it was because another kid brought it up and the convo literally lasted 2 minutes tops. The complaint person is a known sh*t starter. Oh joy!

Between all the staffs stupid whining and unthankful parents, I'm already fed up and its only Monday.
Definitely BTDT. Especially concerning your co-workers comments. It been my experience that people who make these type of snide remarks are mad because you're making them look bad. I was called in for a meeting with my Dir and a co-worker because many co-worker felt like I was doing "too much" for my room. I simply told her to step up hr game and walked out of the office. Don't let these people steal your joy. The only opinions that matter are the kids and the parents.
MsLisa 07:53 AM 03-10-2015
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
Definitely BTDT. Especially concerning your co-workers comments. It been my experience that people who make these type of snide remarks are mad because you're making them look bad. I was called in for a meeting with my Dir and a co-worker because many co-worker felt like I was doing "too much" for my room. I simply told her to step up hr game and walked out of the office. Don't let these people steal your joy. The only opinions that matter are the kids and the parents.
You are totally right!!!
That's exactly what everyone around me is trying to do and it almost worked. Thank you for putting that into a more positive perspective!
Sunshine74 09:42 PM 03-12-2015
After being stuck inside for months, the temperatures are finally manageable. We are trying to get out every day now. It hant quite worked out yet, but we're getting there.

Today we went for our first walk since most of the sidewalks are finally clear. It was a little icy, but not too bad. Not only did it give us some much needed activity, but the dcg who is the toughest to get to sleep was the first one asleep today.
Posted this at nap time today... they all woke up extra early.

No more celebrating until the day is over.
Turquoise14 05:58 AM 03-13-2015
Don't say you need to be twenty minutes earlier and then show up at your regular time. I wouldn't have minded staying in bed those twenty minutes....
TheGoodLife 07:25 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by Turquoise14:
Don't say you need to be twenty minutes earlier and then show up at your regular time. I wouldn't have minded staying in bed those twenty minutes....
Ugg, I had a DCM that always did that! Big pet peeve for me, I would sleep until 15 mins before my first DCF arrived each day! Especially on days my own DDs woke up early and we'd be snuggling in bed together until I had to get up and ready for drop offs. Getting up early just to sit and wait did not make me very happy!
hope 04:17 AM 03-15-2015
6:43 Sunday morning...my phone goes off. I'm startled because who would call at such an early hour on a Sunday morning. It must be an emergency. Nope. It's my neighbor asking advice for her child's ear infection because i guess she figures I'm the daycare lady. I do feel bad that her child is in pain but come on, use some common sense. Her husband works in securities. I think i will be making a 4am call tonight to ask for some financial planning advice. So much for sleeping in till 8am.
MsLisa 11:50 AM 03-17-2015
Today I learned....
That if I don't say goodbye to other childcare providers in the building then I'm a huge b**ch and my boss needs to be told about it.
Yeah, that happened yesterday/today and my boss just laughed and apologized TO ME about how I work with idiots. My boss is amazing sometimes. He knows I'm not there to make friends. I do my job very well, get paid, love these kids/classroom and go home. Friends are optional. Little does this 20-something tattle-tale know that I'm the next child care director when my boss leaves in a year. So keep trying to battle me....keep on digging that hole.

OHHHH and apparently if I hold a kid on my lap for the mere few minutes i'm in the Pre-K room, i'm being a bad provider.
Um, kids ask me to sit on my lap all the time. No one is favourited and I'm usually multi-playing while doing so. Apparently loving a 3yr old is bad and they need to be "big kids now". Mmmhhmmm. Watch me deny a child a snuggle. HA! Nope.
Ariana 11:33 AM 03-18-2015
My vent for today:

I am pretty sure I am suffering from caregiver burnout. I am hating running a home daycare right now. My own child is a nightmare when kids are in my house and as much as I want her to learn to control her emotions, I am not sure I can control my own. I end every single day by crawling up to my bedroom to lie in bed for the rest of the evening. I barely spend any time with my older child when she gets home from school because I am so so done.

I am not sure what to do. I want to have my own income and I want o be home with my children but I am slowly dying inside. Ugh
Thriftylady 01:02 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
My vent for today:

I am pretty sure I am suffering from caregiver burnout. I am hating running a home daycare right now. My own child is a nightmare when kids are in my house and as much as I want her to learn to control her emotions, I am not sure I can control my own. I end every single day by crawling up to my bedroom to lie in bed for the rest of the evening. I barely spend any time with my older child when she gets home from school because I am so so done.

I am not sure what to do. I want to have my own income and I want o be home with my children but I am slowly dying inside. Ugh
Does it have anything to do with the families you have now? If so that can be fixed.
Unregistered 01:29 PM 03-18-2015
I COMPLETELY understand the way you feel. Including my daughter acting terrible. I will be ending my childcare business the 2nd week of June!
Ariana 03:07 PM 03-18-2015
I am not sure if it has anything to do with the families. I have one kid who is in my opinion developmentally delayed and I just termed a family because their kid was a nightmare. I just can't seem to find decent kids these days. They all have issues, plus the issues I am having with my daughter and it's making for an extremely stressful work environment. I keep talking to my husband about quitting and I am lucky that we don't need my income but I just hate not having my own money or contributing financially. Plus being a stay at home mom is so boring!! I hate playdates etc. Basically I am super depressed. I feel zero joy anymore....i am rambling
Patches 03:29 PM 03-18-2015
I am not sure if it has anything to do with the families. I have one kid who is in my opinion developmentally delayed and I just termed a family because their kid was a nightmare. I just can't seem to find decent kids these days. They all have issues, plus the issues I am having with my daughter and it's making for an extremely stressful work environment. I keep talking to my husband about quitting and I am lucky that we don't need my income but I just hate not having my own money or contributing financially. Plus being a stay at home mom is so boring!! I hate playdates etc. Basically I am super depressed. I feel zero joy anymore....i am rambling
Maybe you should take a vacation? And maybe downsize your group a bit?
kathiemarie 03:32 PM 03-18-2015
Would your husband be ok with you getting a night time job 2 nights a week? I know when my own were younger, before I started DC, I worked retail a couple nights a week. It was just perfect. Made money, talked to other adults etc.
Ariana 03:35 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Patches:
Maybe you should take a vacation? And maybe downsize your group a bit?
I would love to if it didn't include my kids i honestly can't downsize anymore....i have one kid 2 days a week. I can't seem to find normal kids that I want to keep. I just had to term a crazy kid just last week. I just can't handle it anymore. I feel like such a failure
Thriftylady 03:39 PM 03-18-2015
I might be talking to my doctor about the depression. Took me years to accept I needed to do something. I don't regret it for a minute. I still have bad days, but not like before.
Ariana 04:12 PM 03-18-2015
Thriftylady did you know you had depression outside of caregiver burnout? I have only recently started feeling like this. I think being a stay at home mom plus a daycare provider for the past 5 years is what's causing all of this. Would that still warrant a trip to see my DR? I just don't want to go on meds for something that is environmentally related you know? But it could help....i just don't know what to do. I need better coping skills that's for sure.
Indoorvoice 04:39 PM 03-18-2015
Thriftylady did you know you had depression outside of caregiver burnout? I have only recently started feeling like this. I think being a stay at home mom plus a daycare provider for the past 5 years is what's causing all of this. Would that still warrant a trip to see my DR? I just don't want to go on meds for something that is environmentally related you know? But it could help....i just don't know what to do. I need better coping skills that's for sure.
Just wanted to chime in to say that you don't necessarily HAVE to take meds for depression. Yes many people absolutely need the meds to balance them out, but when I had situational depression, I sought out a psychologist to talk to first. I learned so many lifelong skills and learned how to alter my behavior and thoughts to help my moods and got over my depression without meds. Definitely at least see your Dr. You shouldn't have to feel so low everyday just because of your job. I'll be thinking of you! It's tough!
AmyLeigh 05:23 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Just wanted to chime in to say that you don't necessarily HAVE to take meds for depression. Yes many people absolutely need the meds to balance them out, but when I had situational depression, I sought out a psychologist to talk to first. I learned so many lifelong skills and learned how to alter my behavior and thoughts to help my moods and got over my depression without meds. Definitely at least see your Dr. You shouldn't have to feel so low everyday just because of your job. I'll be thinking of you! It's tough!

Therapy was wonderful for me. I saw an LCSW for about a year. He helped me talk out my issues and learn to cope with things that I couldn't change. I highly recommend it.
Turquoise14 08:10 AM 03-19-2015
My first daycare child showed up 35 minutes earlier than expected today, and I was still in bed. So that was awesome. Luckily I wasn’t wearing something that was obviously pjs. I was laying in bed a few extra minutes. If I had gotten up with my alarm, I would have been in the shower…

This is why I asked what time you’d be here this week! I am usually up for two kids to show up a couple hours before you come, but they are home with mom this week on spring break, so now you are the first and my only other one gets here at ten. So…yeah. Wasn’t ready. If I think I can sleep til eight, I will. Guess I’ll get around earlier tomorrow.
AmyLeigh 12:52 PM 03-23-2015
I hope everyone else's Monday is going better than mine is. This one doesn't like anyone else and is crying that she misses her mom and dad. That one forgot how to share and has the attention span of a fly. The other can only cry. I have them all laying down. Even still, they are all fighting and complaining.
Four and a half more hours. Hopefully their moods will improve.
Unregistered 09:50 AM 03-24-2015
Dck whose mom gave him pedialax right before dropoff, then dck vomited at my house. Mom brought him today and says he's constipated and I need to give him more water and change his diet.
Dck is here two days a week. two days a week and it's on me that he's constipated? I don't get it.
NightOwl 10:55 AM 03-24-2015
My own teenagers are home this week for spring break and they've already woke my kids from nap time. They want to sleep until noon and then go rummaging around in the kitchen, in and out of the bathroom/bedrooms, cleaning out the guinea pig cage, tripping over the baby gate, etc, etc. Grrrrrrr..... I am NOT looking forward to summer.
daycarediva 04:13 AM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
My own teenagers are home this week for spring break and they've already woke my kids from nap time. They want to sleep until noon and then go rummaging around in the kitchen, in and out of the bathroom/bedrooms, cleaning out the guinea pig cage, tripping over the baby gate, etc, etc. Grrrrrrr..... I am NOT looking forward to summer.
I started 'fining' my older kids with chores. "Oh, you woke up dck. Now I can't get that jump start on laundry I planned to. It's in the laundry room. Get to it."

No joke.

My own kids are GHOSTS at naptime now. (7,10,13,15)
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 03-25-2015
I started 'fining' my older kids with chores. "Oh, you woke up dck. Now I can't get that jump start on laundry I planned to. It's in the laundry room. Get to it."

No joke.

Same here... If my kids woke the littles or did something to mess with my groove.....the child that was out of sorts because of their actions became THEIR responsibility to deal with.

Funny how they quickly learned how to be quiet.
LindseyA 07:30 AM 03-25-2015
My group consists of two 4yr olds and three 2 yr olds. I brought up some different toys for the younger ones to play with from the basement (ride on toys and push toys, etc). Then I got some different toys for the 4yr olds, so everyone got some "new toys" to play with. All was fine for a few minutes until the 4 yr olds took over all the ride on toys and refused to share. So all the "new" toys got put back in the basement. Tried it again this morning, same thing happened! Ugh. Come on!
MsLisa 07:59 AM 03-25-2015
I'm tired of dealing with horrible children with equally horrible, downright stupid parents. I'm tired of having to yell and being labeled as this big B over stuff that should be common sense. I'm tired of having a boss equivalent to a giant child. I'm tired of racking my brain on ways to make this program better, these kids better and never seeing any results. (Head ->Wall)

Most of all, I miss being able to do crafts and doing fun things with kids who DON'T destroy/whine/fight/lie. They don't do anything anymore but fight over the electronics or themselves.

I'm drowning in stress at this point.
mommiebookworm 08:20 AM 03-25-2015
Please send your child in appropriate clothing! Why do you buy this kid a new pair of $70 shoes every other month, but cant buy him a decent coat! He could learn to put it on by himself and zip it if he wasn't expected to wear 3 sweatshirts instead of a coat!
Ok, I feel better now!
Annalee 08:53 AM 03-25-2015

No joke.

My boys used to "bicker" alot between themselves.....till I started the chore thing every time they started it up....needless to say, they got tired of the chores.....
sally 09:04 AM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
Please send your child in appropriate clothing! Why do you buy this kid a new pair of $70 shoes every other month, but cant buy him a decent coat! He could learn to put it on by himself and zip it if he wasn't expected to wear 3 sweatshirts instead of a coat!
Ok, I feel better now!
I have a drop in 3 year old girl. She came on a day where we still had snow on the ground but very nice out. I told dcd we would be playing outside. He was ok with that - until he picked up. They sent her in these expensive boots (Ugs I think) and they were soaked when he picked up. He was mad that her $80 boots were ruined and she needed new boots now. I don't know why anyone would spend that much money on boots for a 3 year old.
mommiebookworm 12:52 PM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by sally:
I have a drop in 3 year old girl. She came on a day where we still had snow on the ground but very nice out. I told dcd we would be playing outside. He was ok with that - until he picked up. They sent her in these expensive boots (Ugs I think) and they were soaked when he picked up. He was mad that her $80 boots were ruined and she needed new boots now. I don't know why anyone would spend that much money on boots for a 3 year old.
I know! Parents are so weird sometimes.
Ariana 12:53 PM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
I'm tired of dealing with horrible children with equally horrible, downright stupid parents. I'm tired of having to yell and being labeled as this big B over stuff that should be common sense. I'm tired of having a boss equivalent to a giant child. I'm tired of racking my brain on ways to make this program better, these kids better and never seeing any results. (Head ->Wall)

Most of all, I miss being able to do crafts and doing fun things with kids who DON'T destroy/whine/fight/lie. They don't do anything anymore but fight over the electronics or themselves.

I'm drowning in stress at this point.
I can relate! I am finding it impossible to find normal parents and kids these days. kids are basically raising themselves at home. no limits and no boundaries on behavior.
hope 07:52 AM 03-26-2015
Just want to get in bed and cry today. Or maybe restart the day.
A friend of ours lost their mother and funeral services are today. Both my sub and my mother could not fill in today so DH would be going to services alone. I would have liked to have gone being that we are close with the family but didn't feel like I could close today to attend a friend's mothers services. So i get up and dcks start rolling in. DD wakes up and had one problem after another. She is a bit more needy due to some issues and i become completely overwhelmed. The morning spiraled out of control. Babies were crying, DD couldn't pull herself together to get to school and all the while DH slept in. The noise woke him and he sees me crying, DD melting down and babies crying. He ignored and went to shower. This job is hard. Being a mother is hard. Being a mother to a special needs child is hard. I usually can push through but it was different today. To watch someone ignore my struggle was hurtful.
Blackcat31 08:38 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
A friend of ours lost their mother and funeral services are today. Both my sub and my mother could not fill in today so DH would be going to services alone. I would have liked to have gone being that we are close with the family but didn't feel like I could close today to attend a friend's mothers services. So i get up and dcks start rolling in. DD wakes up and had one problem after another. She is a bit more needy due to some issues and i become completely overwhelmed. The morning spiraled out of control. Babies were crying, DD couldn't pull herself together to get to school and all the while DH slept in. The noise woke him and he sees me crying, DD melting down and babies crying. He ignored and went to shower. This job is hard. Being a mother is hard. Being a mother to a special needs child is hard. I usually can push through but it was different today. To watch someone ignore my struggle was hurtful.

Unregistered 11:12 AM 03-26-2015
Unbelievably burned out. Took the 3rd sick day i've taken in 10 years yesterday, had a family give me 2 weeks notice because I'm unreliable. My SIL passed in January, I took 2 days then to regroup.

Everyone is getting ready to get 2 weeks notice, I'm looking for a job outside the home. I used to love this, now I cringe knowing that my house is going to be over-run each day by kids who aren't disciplined at home, parents who hold their 1 yo continuously - so he cries all day, and a dcg who throws up when she doesn't get her way.
Josiegirl 01:55 PM 03-26-2015
Unbelievably burned out. Took the 3rd sick day i've taken in 10 years yesterday, had a family give me 2 weeks notice because I'm unreliable. My SIL passed in January, I took 2 days then to regroup.

Everyone is getting ready to get 2 weeks notice, I'm looking for a job outside the home. I used to love this, now I cringe knowing that my house is going to be over-run each day by kids who aren't disciplined at home, parents who hold their 1 yo continuously - so he cries all day, and a dcg who throws up when she doesn't get her way.
I'm sorry you feel so burned out and used up.
People that complained you're unreliable?? They need to use a center. We are daycare providers. Family daycare providers. Usually we work alone. We are not God or super woman. If they want the convenience of care 24/7 let them use a center. I'll bet they take days when they need them!!
Hugs to you.....
Josiegirl 01:58 PM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
Oh my DH needs a good smack upside da head!!
I'm sorry you didn't go to the services and so sorry about your friend's loss and yours as well.

Have another good cry, breathe deep, maybe have a glass of wine if you can, be kind to yourself.
mommyneedsadayoff 06:38 AM 03-30-2015
Last Friday: dcm texts me to see if I can watch dcks on Monday (I usually only watch them Fridays from 9:15-6). I say yes, no prob, see you then.

Monday morning at 8, I text dcm to make sure they are still planning to come and at regular time (she is flaky sometimes) and she texts back that there dad is bringing them and should be there any minute!

Spit coffee out and haul ass to get dressed and ready before they get here! Thanks for letting me know they will be here early! geez!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30  ... Last
Reply Up