Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funny Things We Say
NeedaVaca 09:45 AM 09-22-2015
All the DCB's were playing with balls outside and needed some redirection as they kept taking each others which caused some to get upset. My DH needed me to get something for him. I say "OK, just don't let them touch each other's balls". ummm the look my DH gave me was priceless lol. Yes, I could have worded that better

Anyone else have a good one?
BabyMonkeys 10:20 AM 09-22-2015
The cat accepts your apology! Stop kissing the cat before you get a hairball.
BabyMonkeys 10:22 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
All the DCB's were playing with balls outside and needed some redirection as they kept taking each others which caused some to get upset. My DH needed me to get something for him. I say "OK, just don't let them touch each other's balls". ummm the look my DH gave me was priceless lol. Yes, I could have worded that better

I can so see it!
laundrymom 10:32 AM 09-22-2015

I choked on my tea. Lol
daycarediva 10:55 AM 09-22-2015
I have a drop in who attends special needs prek. (for speech) He came one day last week his prek was closed and his Mom had a flat tire, changed it on the side of the road recently. Dcp came in and asked them what they were playing and dcb said "I'm jacking off." CLEAR AS DAY.

I had to say "JACKING UP, not JACKING OFF." about 20x that day.
NeedaVaca 11:05 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have a drop in who attends special needs prek. (for speech) He came one day last week his prek was closed and his Mom had a flat tire, changed it on the side of the road recently. Dcp came in and asked them what they were playing and dcb said "I'm jacking off." CLEAR AS DAY.

I had to say "JACKING UP, not JACKING OFF." about 20x that day.
omg, too funny!
Unregistered 11:08 AM 09-22-2015
Just a couple days ago a kid playing with pretend food ask whos peanuts can I crack! One of the other kids says not mine that would hurt !I already got hurt down there and its not fun
laundrymom 11:47 AM 09-22-2015
I'm drying over here.
Lol. I have tears.
Baby Beluga 12:57 PM 09-22-2015
Haha, these are great!
Unregistered 01:25 PM 09-22-2015
What are those? Points to his privates whIle going pee... testicles, those are testicles - oh! Those are my testicles!
Lol
Laurel 02:04 PM 09-22-2015
Well this wasn't in childcare and it was 20 years ago but I was in the mall and stopped at a place called Morrow's Nut House. They mostly sold nuts and some candy I think. There was a young guy working there and without thinking I was looking at the nuts and said "You have nice nuts." Why couldn't it have been a woman clerk?

Laurel
Laurel 02:07 PM 09-22-2015

Once a dck spilled his milk and started crying. I said "It's okay, you don't need to cry over spilled milk."

Some of you may be too young to remember but "Don't cry over spilled milk" is an old saying.

Laurel
NeedaVaca 02:38 PM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by Laurel:
Well this wasn't in childcare and it was 20 years ago but I was in the mall and stopped at a place called Morrow's Nut House. They mostly sold nuts and some candy I think. There was a young guy working there and without thinking I was looking at the nuts and said "You have nice nuts." Why couldn't it have been a woman clerk?

Laurel
Oh my! I would have turned bright red lol
Ariana 03:45 PM 09-22-2015
Hilarious!!
Laurel 05:08 PM 09-22-2015
Oh my! I would have turned bright red lol
I did and so did he! I didn't end up buying any because I wanted to get out of there fast.

Laurel
stephanie 05:53 PM 09-22-2015
I struggle with the "balls" one a lot, lol. "No Timmy, those are Joey's balls right now...", etc.

I tried hard not to laugh when dcb2 said this after he stood up from going potty in a sitting position: "Look, my penis is hiding!"
Bookworm 07:35 PM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by stephanie:
I struggle with the "balls" one a lot, lol. "No Timmy, those are Joey's balls right now...", etc.

I tried hard not to laugh when dcb2 said this after he stood up from going potty in a sitting position: "Look, my penis is hiding!"

e.j. 09:16 PM 09-22-2015
Kind of in the same vein....I was reading "The Runaway Bunny" to my dc kids and had just read the part where the mother bunny says to her baby bunny, "If you become a sailboat and sail away from me, said his mother, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." when my adult son walked into the room and heard me read what the baby bunny says to his mother in response: "If you become the wind and blow me, said the little bunny......" I can't read that book with a straight face any more because all I can picture is the look on my son's face when he heard that line and I can barely get through it without laughing - which of course, makes the kids all want to know what's so funny.
mamamanda 04:06 AM 09-23-2015

Once a dck spilled his milk and started crying. I said "It's okay, you don't need to cry over spilled milk."

Some of you may be too young to remember but "Don't cry over spilled milk" is an old saying.

Laurel
I tell my kids this all the time. And the other day we'd had 3 spills in a 5 minute period and I audibly took a deep breath to calm myself b/c they were being goofy and messing around which was the reason for the spills. Dcg 5 says, "It's ok Miss Mamamanda. We don't cry over spilled milk. We just clean it up!" Big smile.
Laurel 06:33 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Kind of in the same vein....I was reading "The Runaway Bunny" to my dc kids and had just read the part where the mother bunny says to her baby bunny, "If you become a sailboat and sail away from me, said his mother, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." when my adult son walked into the room and heard me read what the baby bunny says to his mother in response: "If you become the wind and blow me, said the little bunny......" I can't read that book with a straight face any more because all I can picture is the look on my son's face when he heard that line and I can barely get through it without laughing - which of course, makes the kids all want to know what's so funny.

That reminds me of when I worked in a Montessori preschool. The teachers were putting new work on the shelves. In Montessori they call everything 'work'. There might be painting 'work', puzzle 'work', etc. No children were there but one teacher was putting out work. She announced she was putting out the 'screwing' work. Then we all started making cracks. It was this manipulative where there are two wooden pieces that are screwed and unscrewed.

Laurel
Laurel 06:35 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
I tell my kids this all the time. And the other day we'd had 3 spills in a 5 minute period and I audibly took a deep breath to calm myself b/c they were being goofy and messing around which was the reason for the spills. Dcg 5 says, "It's ok Miss Mamamanda. We don't cry over spilled milk. We just clean it up!" Big smile.
Ahhh, that's funny.

Laurel
MsLisa 07:01 AM 09-23-2015
One of the 3rd grade boys brought in one of those prank can of nuts things that shoots out a squeaking snake when you open it. He put it up to one of the other kids face before opening it, to which I promptly yelled
"Please don't pop your nuts at other people's face..."
They all stopped and started laughing.
"Ms. Lisa, that sounded so wrong"
I just shook my head. -facepalm-
LittleTikes 08:53 AM 09-23-2015
Yesterday, I had a 2-year-old dcg hold up her cup and say, "I'm having Grandpa's juice." I said, "What's Grandpa's juice?" She said, "Bourbon."
Play Care 09:55 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by stephanie:
Same here! I have 7 boys and ONE girl in my day care. One of the dcp's calls it a "sausage party" Because of this I'm usually having to speak to the boys about their balls

I feel as though I say several times a day "Leave Jack's balls alone!" "Don't grab Aiden's balls!" and yesterday's favorite "Why are you sniffing Tom's balls?" (apparently tom had had something stinky on his hands causing the balls he was using to smell funny) But yeah, balls kill me.
midaycare 10:10 AM 09-23-2015

Laurel
Yikes! I've been saying this for years and I have no clue what it means ...
midaycare 10:13 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by LittleTikes:
Yesterday, I had a 2-year-old dcg hold up her cup and say, "I'm having Grandpa's juice." I said, "What's Grandpa's juice?" She said, "Bourbon."
Hahahahaha hahahahaha!
284878 11:26 AM 09-23-2015

Laurel
I did something similar about 18 years ago. I was at work, sorting some product with another female co worker. We were working in the back away from everyone else. The door was open near us, the breeze hit and I said "something suddenly smells good" with out knowing that a co worker had walked up behind me. He responded with a "Thank you". I must of turned a shade of red, right then.
Laurel 11:38 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Same here! I have 7 boys and ONE girl in my day care. One of the dcp's calls it a "sausage party" Because of this I'm usually having to speak to the boys about their balls

I feel as though I say several times a day "Leave Jack's balls alone!" "Don't grab Aiden's balls!" and yesterday's favorite "Why are you sniffing Tom's balls?" (apparently tom had had something stinky on his hands causing the balls he was using to smell funny) But yeah, balls kill me.
Why are you sniffing Tom's balls?

Laurel
Laurel 11:42 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Yikes! I've been saying this for years and I have no clue what it means ...
Check this out. http://www.knowyourphrase.com/phrase...pilt-Milk.html

Laurel
Laurel 11:45 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by 284878:
I did something similar about 18 years ago. I was at work, sorting some product with another female co worker. We were working in the back away from everyone else. The door was open near us, the breeze hit and I said "something suddenly smells good" with out knowing that a co worker had walked up behind me. He responded with a "Thank you". I must of turned a shade of red, right then.

When I worked in a school I finally did ask a daycare dad what he was wearing that smelled so good. It was a cologne and I hate perfumes and colognes as a rule. But that one was awesome. I thought it might be too forward to ask but I finally did. It was Polo.

Not really funny but I just felt weird asking but had to know.

Laurel
Miss A 12:43 PM 09-23-2015
A few days ago, I had my hair colored, and cut to have bangs. Today, my part time DCB-4 came, and said to me "I really like your wang!" I about died laughing, and explained to him that they are really called bangs, and thanked him for his compliment.
Dia 01:01 PM 09-23-2015
We have a wooden castle with wooden pieces (like a doll house), well today while I was making lunch one of the children brought the toilet into the kitchen (we have a no toys in the kitchen rule) and I said "Can you take the toilet out of the kitchen please, I'm making lunch" after I said it I had to laugh...
Unregistered 01:29 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by a.lenz.girl:
A few days ago, I had my hair colored, and cut to have bangs. Today, my part time DCB-4 came, and said to me "I really like your wang!" I about died laughing, and explained to him that they are really called bangs, and thanked him for his compliment.
Everybody Wang Chung tonight!
hottie8962 01:40 PM 09-23-2015
This girl is talking my ear off right now. She says im white, daddy is white, my sister is white, we are the whites, mommy is just the black. They are mixed , then she says we have little white booty s and mommy has big black booty! Now im done talking im going poop!
stephanie 09:32 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:

Yeah I feel for you! I have 7 boys and 3 girls in my class, so pretty imbalanced but not as bad! Poor dcg!
Reply Up