Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Warts....
MARSTELAC 11:13 AM 08-17-2011
....or maybe something else....Have a kid with these all over both hands. I think that is what they are. I cannot find out if they are contagious or if the child should be eliminated from daycare. Thoughts? Experience with this?
littlemommy 11:19 AM 08-17-2011
I've never had a daycare kid (or kid) with warts, but do know of a holistic cure for them! Kinda gross...but it works!!

My husband had one on his hand. He went to the health food store and got Bragg's brand apple cider vinegar. Dip a qtip end into it and band-aid it directly onto the wart. It may throb for a while, but it kills it down to the root. The next morning it should turn black and fall out in one piece.
kimsdaycare 11:31 AM 08-17-2011
Look up Molluscum Contagiosum and see if it fits. In 12 yrs of dc I had never seen it before and I've now had 3 in the last two years. Two of which had it before coming here so picked it up somewhere else. It looks like warts or skin tags and IS contagious but can last months to years so exclusion isn't really an option.

Hope it's not what you are dealing with, but it's the first thing I thought of.
Blackcat31 11:38 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by MARSTELAC:
....or maybe something else....Have a kid with these all over both hands. I think that is what they are. I cannot find out if they are contagious or if the child should be eliminated from daycare. Thoughts? Experience with this?
http://www.hennepin.us/files/Hennepi...s%20parent.pdf

http://www.hennepin.us/files/Hennepi...90_s6warts.pdf

Here are the fact sheets. There is no exclusion for warts.
rjskids 12:03 PM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by littlemommy:
I've never had a daycare kid (or kid) with warts, but do know of a holistic cure for them! Kinda gross...but it works!!

My husband had one on his hand. He went to the health food store and got Bragg's brand apple cider vinegar. Dip a qtip end into it and band-aid it directly onto the wart. It may throb for a while, but it kills it down to the root. The next morning it should turn black and fall out in one piece.
Is this a special kind of apple cider vinegar or can any brand work? My daughter keeps having them pop up on her hands and I'm getting tired of spending money on the freeze stuff!

The doctor had no prevention for them, just ideas for treatment. I read boosting your Vitamin C will help, but hers were not contagious warts.
littlemommy 08:18 PM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by rjskids:
Is this a special kind of apple cider vinegar or can any brand work? My daughter keeps having them pop up on her hands and I'm getting tired of spending money on the freeze stuff!

The doctor had no prevention for them, just ideas for treatment. I read boosting your Vitamin C will help, but hers were not contagious warts.
Bragg's brand is best. You should be able to find it at any health food store. Most grocery store apple cider vinegar is meant for cooking and isn't near as strong, so don't bother with that. It needs to be a brand that says it contains "Mothers" and is very cloudy and chunky on the bottom.

I've suffered from mastitis 4 times the past year. Each time I would get a 104.5 fever and golf ball sized lumps in my breasts. I took a shot of this vinegar, and within a couple hours my fever AND the lumps were gone. It's a cure all!!
DCMom 08:47 AM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by littlemommy:
Bragg's brand is best. You should be able to find it at any health food store. Most grocery store apple cider vinegar is meant for cooking and isn't near as strong, so don't bother with that. It needs to be a brand that says it contains "Mothers" and is very cloudy and chunky on the bottom.
I just want to chime in a say this stuff works wonders for warts. My dd had two huge plantars warts on the bottom of her feet. No matter what we did we couldn't get rid of them; we froze them with both over the counter stuff and doctors visits and they would continue to come back even larger.

One of my dcd's is a holistic practitioner and he suggested soaking a cotton ball in Bragg's and using duct tape to hold in place (just because it is stickier) and leave it on overnight. The warts she had dealt with for YEARS were completely gone in a week! I tell everyone about it.
Tags:warts
Reply Up