Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nannyde's Info
Countrygal 05:23 AM 03-30-2012
Does Nannyde have a webpage? Seems I saw a link to one once, but I can't find it now. I found her "Daycare Whisperer" blog
Blackcat31 06:06 AM 03-30-2012
I know she does have a web-site and I would defintely share but feel it is her place to do, so I will suggest that you PM her instead and I am pretty sure she will point you in that direction.
nannyde 06:13 AM 03-30-2012
Tori Fees R.N. B.S.N.
4000 Richmond Avenue
Des Moines Iowa 50317

FIVE ONE FIVE-974-9536

Website for child care http://www.nanshouse.com/
Website for Consulting business: http://www.daycarewhisperer.com/
Daycare.com Presents Nannyde The Daycarewhisperer: https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/
Mary Poppins 07:23 AM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Tori Fees R.N. B.S.N.
4000 Richmond Avenue
Des Moines Iowa 50317

FIVE ONE FIVE-974-9536

Website for child care http://www.nanshouse.com/
Website for Consulting business: http://www.daycarewhisperer.com/
Daycare.com Presents Nannyde The Daycarewhisperer: https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/
My goodness!

Now I know where to send the missionaries and girl scouts when they come back by. And they will. They always do.
nannyde 08:19 AM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:
My goodness!

Now I know where to send the missionaries and girl scouts when they come back by. And they will. They always do.
I wish it was just missionaries and girl scouts.

A few years ago my state published ALL of our information without our consent WITH a locator map to boot. Takes about thirty seconds for someone to search me.

A lot of providers (including me) were upset when they did it but the good side of it was that it freed up the ability to advertise your location without additional worry. It stopped a lot of calls from people living and working too far away.

It also is a searchable base for telemarketers who can legally call our numbers even if we are on the no call list. I get about five a day. I pretty much don't answer a number unless it's one I know that's out of State.
MrsB 08:25 AM 03-30-2012

A few years ago my state published ALL of our information without our consent WITH a locator map to boot. Takes about thirty seconds for someone to search me.

A lot of providers (including me) were upset when they did it but the good side of it was that it freed up the ability to advertise your location without additional worry. It stopped a lot of calls from people living and working too far away.

It also is a searchable base for telemarketers who can legally call our numbers even if we are on the no call list. I get about five a day. I pretty much don't answer a number unless it's one I know that's out of State.
Our state is the same way! I did the same thing with the soliciting calls until more recently they have started getting local numbers to make their soliciting calls. Uggh!

I wish I could say it helped with the daycare calls for people that live/work too far away. Uggh, doesnt seem they use the map locater. lol.
nannyde 08:50 AM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
Our state is the same way! I did the same thing with the soliciting calls until more recently they have started getting local numbers to make their soliciting calls. Uggh!

I wish I could say it helped with the daycare calls for people that live/work too far away. Uggh, doesnt seem they use the map locater. lol.
It came from nowhere. We had no idea they were going to do it. I spent the first fourteen years or so just having my advertisements with no address and a phone number. I wouldn't even release the actual address until the day of the interview.

Now it's kind of freeing. I have a website.. with pics.. address... locator.. etc. My parents of this generation are way cooler about stuff like this now. Once they decided we had to have it published there was no reason not to use it to your advantage.

You can't opt out of it and now that they have done it it wouldn't matter if they removed it. It would still be there in tons of databases online.

The bell done rung
Mary Poppins 09:05 AM 03-30-2012

That is one benefit I have to being legally unlicensed. On the downside, Google, Bing, etc maps have my address TOTALLY SCREWED UP so when I do give out my addy no one can find it without explicit directions from me. It doesn't help that there are FOUR streets, totally unconnected, that are identical to mine in my county. One is on the opposite side of the highway, IDENTICAL street number. (weird, I know).

Yet somehow those missionaries know just where I am. Oh, and the Schwann's guy but I like it when he shows up!
nannyde 09:14 AM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:
Oh, and the Schwann's guy but I like it when he shows up!
Golden Nugget Ice Cream Bars
Countrygal 12:38 PM 03-30-2012

*blush* gee, dumby me, I never thought to just google you! :P
But thanks for the links, nanny!
nannyde 01:26 PM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
*blush* gee, dumby me, I never thought to just google you! :P
But thanks for the links, nanny!
I really like not having to give directions to my house anymore. I live kinda deep into a neighborhood so almost all of the families got lost on the way in before the phones started having apps for directions. Now I don't even have to give my address. They know when they call exactly where my house is and how far it is from them. That's saved a bunch of time.

I did a consult this afternoon of a lady that found me off of google. Woot... I need to get to working on the google adwords.
DCBlessings27 02:06 PM 03-30-2012
It came from nowhere. We had no idea they were going to do it. I spent the first fourteen years or so just having my advertisements with no address and a phone number. I wouldn't even release the actual address until the day of the interview.

Now it's kind of freeing. I have a website.. with pics.. address... locator.. etc. My parents of this generation are way cooler about stuff like this now. Once they decided we had to have it published there was no reason not to use it to your advantage.

You can't opt out of it and now that they have done it it wouldn't matter if they removed it. It would still be there in tons of databases online.

The bell done rung
The listed all that without informing you first? Wow! KS just came up with an online system. We didn't want our private info out, so providers spoke up. Now, it just has our zip code, name, license number, and daycare name. We can choose to list our address and phone number if we want. None of the providers I've talked to want to list the address/phone number though.
nannyde 02:22 PM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by katieica:
The listed all that without informing you first? Wow! KS just came up with an online system. We didn't want our private info out, so providers spoke up. Now, it just has our zip code, name, license number, and daycare name. We can choose to list our address and phone number if we want. None of the providers I've talked to want to list the address/phone number though.
They wouldn't be so kind as to put our websites on there. That would actually help.

They do have our names, catagories, capacity, reg number, address and phone number. They have a locator map where you can pipe in your address and seach by miles.
Tags:nannyde
Reply Up