Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation time WDYD
TGT09 06:38 AM 10-19-2010
What do you do when a parent says their child is going to be on vacation for a few days and then you decide to take off those same days for a vacation of your own? I made the decision because it was one less child to find alternate care for.

SO, my question is for those of you that count vacation time for the children. My kids get 10 days free a year and then after that it's half tuition. Would you count these days off in this situation even though me as the provider is taking them off as well?? Like I said, I took them because the child was already going to be off.

WWYD?

I don't think I should count them but now I'm wondering what I should do. I won't count them for anyone else, just the family that initiated it first.
MarinaVanessa 07:07 AM 10-19-2010
If the family that's going on vacation told you that they were going to be gone before you decided to go on vacation then that family should be able to use their vacation time since you decided to go on vacation after the fact. The rest of your families should go by whatever your provider vacation says.

So if you give yourself 5 days of paid vacation and your families get 5 days of unpaid vacation and family A told you they were leaving on vacation first then they should be allowed to use their vacation time and not pay while you are vacation but the rest of your families should have to give you your paid vacation.
TGT09 07:10 AM 10-19-2010
Well technically none of them have to pay regardless, I don't have paid vacation for myself. I was just curious if I should count the days towards their 10 freebies or not because I'm going on vacation too.
Live and Learn 07:42 AM 10-19-2010
I work mostly with teachers so I take off the same vacations as the school holidays and summer...I do work on in service days though.
The rest of the time if I close for any reason..sick vacation funeral whatever...I take that as unpaid. I give myself 5 a year. I have only closed once in six years for my own illness and for any other days off I give my parents a couple of months notice. I had to close for a family member's out of town funeral last year with just a couple of days notice and none of my families gave me any guff. I took those as unpaid days.
Tags:days off, vacation policy, wdyd
Reply Up