Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Calendar 2017
Teacher Mama 07:38 AM 01-10-2017
Hoping some wonderful providers are willing to share their methods/calendar.
I am working on my 2017 calendar of closures to include paid holidays, vacation days ( in the past these have all been unpaid, but considering having some paid days off), I also want to have some staff days used for planning/organizing etc. Does anyone else have these? Are they paid days?
Blackcat31 08:10 AM 01-10-2017
Originally Posted by Teacher Mama:
I am working on my 2017 calendar of closures to include paid holidays, vacation days ( in the past these have all been unpaid, but considering having some paid days off), I also want to have some staff days used for planning/organizing etc. Does anyone else have these? Are they paid days?
I take most federal holidays off.
I also take up to 15 days of vacation/PTO

My families pay the same rate 52 weeks a year regardless of closures or absences.
finsup 08:12 AM 01-10-2017
Originally Posted by Teacher Mama:
I don't personally, but my families generally don't know the reasoning for my days off unless they ask. However as a parent i would certainly think training etc should be paid time "off"! Your still working, just not directly with the kids.
AmyKidsCo 08:29 AM 01-10-2017
I have all major holidays off, plus 2 weeks vacation and some "personal days." My policies state that personal days may be used to acquire continuing education, and when I take a day for continuing ed or dr appts I give the reason in my newsletter. I figure it doesn't hurt parents to realize that my days off aren't really "off" most of the time.

I don't do a yearly calendar - I never know when to plan vacation until after summer soccer, swim lessons, fall soccer, etc schedules come out.
jenboo 10:28 AM 01-10-2017
Hopefully that worked! I always hand it out in December.
Attached: 11.jpg (164.2 KB) 
Second Home 11:11 AM 01-10-2017
I hand out my days off/vacation schedule for 4 months at a time . That way I can plan things later and not have to decide in Dec when I will be taking my summer vacation .
Teacher Mama 07:19 AM 01-11-2017
thanks! I like the 4 month at a time system idea.. we've actually been doing that on our personal calendar.
Teacher Mama 07:22 AM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I have all major holidays off, plus 2 weeks vacation and some "personal days." My policies state that personal days may be used to acquire continuing education, and when I take a day for continuing ed or dr appts I give the reason in my newsletter. I figure it doesn't hurt parents to realize that my days off aren't really "off" most of the time.

I don't do a yearly calendar - I never know when to plan vacation until after summer soccer, swim lessons, fall soccer, etc schedules come out.
Thanks. Do you just tell the families as the vacations/personal days come up? (with advanced notice of course) Do you charge for the 2 weeks vacation?
Tags:calendar, holidays, unpaid vacation, vacation
Reply Up