Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Emergency Info/Supplies for Outings?
DBug 08:11 AM 03-01-2011
Reading about the daycare fire has motivated me to revamp my emergency procedures, etc. I'm not licensed so I don't have any requirements, but of course, I'd like to do everything I can to be prepared.

One of my main concerns is since we're out and about every day (field trips, walks to the park, bus stop, etc.), I want to make sure I have everything I might need in case one of the kids or I need emergency care. So far I've got emergency contact cards for the kids and of course, my cell phone. But is there anything else you guys take with you when you're out? Do you take a first aid kit and/or the sign in sheet? If so, how do you carry it all -- in a backpack?
gbcc 08:18 AM 03-01-2011
I have 2 bags. One for in case of a fire and one for outings.

In the fire bag I have a first aid kit, hats and mittens in case we can't get to them in time, a small travel size fire extinguisher in case we need to get through an area, a trac phone, my emergency contacts, a list of medical problems or allergies for any children I may have.

In my Outings bag I have a first aid kit, snacks, bottled water, benadryl, tylenol, thermometer, wipes, hand sanitizer, my emergency contacts, a list of medical problems or allergies for any children I may have.

I think I remembered everything lol!
SilverSabre25 08:23 AM 03-01-2011
We don't go any further away than the back yard usually, but I have all the children's primary contact number programmed into my cordless house phone and that comes out with us. If we need anything else the house is right there.
Pammie 08:35 AM 03-01-2011
I have a backpack that's my "go" bag. It goes with us whenever we're away from home - or even in the backyard.

In it:

My driver's license - I have 2 issued when I renew them. One stays in my go bag, the other in my wallet.

I have medical authorizations and contact info forms (my families complete 2 of these at enrollment and then annually - one copy stays in my home - the other in my go bag) Attached to each child's forms is a photo of the child.

A small first-aid kit.

Bottle of hand sanitizer.

A pack of wipees.

Some kind of snax (raisins, animal crackers, goldfish crackers).

An old tablecloth that the children can sit on if needed.

Some empty plastic grocery bags.

Before we go anywhere, I throw in a diaper for each child not yet in undies, my cell phone and a bottle of water.
Michael 08:37 AM 03-01-2011
More threads on Emergency Plan: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...emergency+plan
Tags:emergency plan
Reply Up