Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lic Reg ? For California
familyschoolcare 11:28 AM 09-19-2011
So in another thread it was suggested telling a girlfriend

"I am only at liberty to discuss contracts and any information that pertains to (Childs name) with legal guardians/parents."

Does anyone in Cal. know if this is true.
Michael 11:30 AM 09-19-2011
California standards: https://www.daycare.com/california/
daycare 12:03 PM 09-19-2011
I recently went to a class a few months ago and we discussed this issue...

I am in CA... not sure if it is different per county, however, I was told that we may only discuss issues about the child with the parents and or legal guardian. Even if the person is authorized to pick the child up/drop off.

I was told however, that if you have one of the parents put in writing that (grandma, gpam gf or BF) may have access to (whatever information) then that will be acceptable and you will be at liberty to discuss it with those people....
familyschoolcare 10:01 AM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I recently went to a class a few months ago and we discussed this issue...

I am in CA... not sure if it is different per county, however, I was told that we may only discuss issues about the child with the parents and or legal guardian. Even if the person is authorized to pick the child up/drop off.

I was told however, that if you have one of the parents put in writing that (grandma, gpam gf or BF) may have access to (whatever information) then that will be acceptable and you will be at liberty to discuss it with those people....
Thanks that helps
Tags:california - regulations, personal information
Reply Up