Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Day 8 of Operation CIO
blessedmess8 07:04 AM 09-21-2011
...And not a peep as I laid him down! It was almost like, "Ahhhh... My bed!" My crier who I almost gave up on now sleeps about 4 or 5 hours a day and is pretty happy most of the time! I never realized that the rocking to sleep could actually not work for some baboes. I guess it was just too much stimulation for him to calm down and rest! It was hard to listen to him cry at first. But it decreased and decreased until yesterday he fussed just a second as I laid him down and today he just passed out! Loving it!
laundrymom 07:16 AM 09-21-2011
Sending you gentle quiet love!!!!!!
MommyMuffin 08:37 AM 09-21-2011
Good for you, I am glad that it is working. My little one still screams all nap time. Mom told me to just let him CIO. It is really hurting me, my ears and my kids. Hopefully I will get some relief soon.

I am happy for you!
momofsix 11:15 AM 09-21-2011
Shhh...woo hoo! Good for you Enjoy your quiet time!
cheerfuldom 01:19 PM 09-21-2011
great update!!! my oldest could never be rocked to sleep even as a newborn. she is very high energy and apt to be overstimulated even at 3 years old. I've always found CIO to work well for most kids at a certain age.
AnneCordelia 01:27 PM 09-21-2011
I'm so glad!!

I've found that my babies don't like being rocked either...they want mom, not a strange lady. A few days of cio and they sleep so easily and are so much happier for it!
blessedmess8 01:44 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
I'm so glad!!

I've found that my babies don't like being rocked either...they want mom, not a strange lady. A few days of cio and they sleep so easily and are so much happier for it!
Awww! I am no strange lady!! Lol! I've had this almost 1 YO since birth! I'm a big rocker! I've always rocked to sleep until +ne and a half or two, but this guy just gets easily over stimulated! He is definitely high energy! I have to put him in a separate room that is dark and quiet! (Except for some white noise.) Went from sleeping 2 hours or less and FUSSY all day long to 4 or more hours of napping and HAPPY,
AnneCordelia 01:58 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by blessedmess8:
Awww! I am no strange lady!! Lol! I've had this almost 1 YO since birth! I'm a big rocker! I've always rocked to sleep until +ne and a half or two, but this guy just gets easily over stimulated! He is definitely high energy! I have to put him in a separate room that is dark and quiet! (Except for some white noise.) Went from sleeping 2 hours or less and FUSSY all day long to 4 or more hours of napping and HAPPY,
Oops! My babies all start at age one (1yr maternity leave in Canada) so when they start I am a strange lady. Awww. Makes me sad. My own children did like to be rocked/nursed to sleep though.
blessedmess8 08:33 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
Oops! My babies all start at age one (1yr maternity leave in Canada) so when they start I am a strange lady. Awww. Makes me sad. My own children did like to be rocked/nursed to sleep though.
Awww! I'm in the good ol' US where the all mighty $ rules all! 6 weeks maternity leave is pretty standard. 12 (unpaid) by law. Sad, huh?
Tags:cio, positive
Reply Up