Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Check In System / Late Pick Up Notification
Checkinkids.com 05:59 PM 03-07-2011
I am looking for 20 day cares to demo software that I have written. www.checkinkids.com is software that allows you to track check in/out times by letting parents simply enter their phone number and check their children as either checked in or out at pick up and drop off locations. The system tracks time spent at daycare and allows you to post messages to specific parents at time of drop off or pick up. Parents can also be alerted if they have ran over daily time limits. The first 20 to sign up get free lifetime membership for testing.

If you have questions, feel free to call 812-272-9565. My name is Michael Baker. I originally developed this system for my wife's daycare www.helpinghannah.com - but realized that it may be useful for other daycares as well. To register - go to the site, click on plans and pricing, go through the check out steps. The price is set to $0 and no credit card info is collected. Once you sign up for an account, you can log back in and use the system.
Michael 06:27 PM 03-07-2011
Hi Michael, welcome to the Daycare.com Forum. I usually don't allow advertising on the forum but will let this one pass since you are offering our members something that may be helpful to them. PM me if you need any further assistance with your product.
daycare 06:47 PM 03-07-2011
I would like to test it out. I'm trying to go green and this sounds like it might work out. Great idea excited to try it
Checkinkids.com 08:01 PM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Hi Michael, welcome to the Daycare.com Forum. I usually don't allow advertising on the forum but will let this one pass since you are offering our members something that may be helpful to them. PM me if you need any further assistance with your product.
Thanks Michael.
Michael 08:10 PM 03-07-2011
I would first be interested in how our members use the software. Since you are a programmer you have the ability to tweak the program as to the needs of daycare operators.
Abigail 10:43 PM 03-07-2011
Doesn't Minute Menu offer the same concept of logging a child in and out of dacyare to track and log the hours automatically?
DBug 03:19 AM 03-08-2011
I think this is a great idea! I really like the simplicity of it (perfect for non-techies like me ).

I created an account and was able to enter my rates, but it wouldn't let me enter family/child information. Am I doing something wrong?
snbauser 03:33 AM 03-08-2011
Sounds great but I'm a little leary of registering for an account when all of the customer service information is in a foreign language
Checkinkids.com 03:55 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Sounds great but I'm a little leary of registering for an account when all of the customer service information is in a foreign language
Ah - my first bug report! Thank you so much. What you saw is not a foreign language but is simply jibberish dummy text used by many web developers to see how a page will look before they actually write content. Just google "lorem ipsum". I forgot to do this page during development. Thanks to your report, I will fix that immediately and put in English!
Checkinkids.com 04:25 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by DBug:
I think this is a great idea! I really like the simplicity of it (perfect for non-techies like me ).

I created an account and was able to enter my rates, but it wouldn't let me enter family/child information. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your feedback!

You can create a parent account on the actual check in page (where parents enter their phone number). This is opened by going to "Open Clock Interface".
On this page, you'll see where parents can enter their phone number to check in. If they do not have an account, they can create one here by clicking the "Fill out this quick form" link below their phone number boxes. This way you(the daycare provider) does not have to enter the info for all parents. It is a one time form that each parent can quickly fill out themselves. I will be creating a "How To" section on the website soon.
snbauser 05:05 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by Checkinkids.com:
Ah - my first bug report! Thank you so much. What you saw is not a foreign language but is simply jibberish dummy text used by many web developers to see how a page will look before they actually write content. Just google "lorem ipsum". I forgot to do this page during development. Thanks to your report, I will fix that immediately and put in English!
Okay then. LOL!! I am pretty good with a computer but on the main page I do not see a "plans and pricing" link. Is it actually listed as something else?
Blackcat31 05:17 AM 03-08-2011
Sounds like a useful idea! I have a lot of families who I have to manually track their hours and make sure they do not go over their allotted daily limits. Hopefully, this will be a very useful tool.
Checkinkids.com 07:48 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Okay then. LOL!! I am pretty good with a computer but on the main page I do not see a "plans and pricing" link. Is it actually listed as something else?
Hi! Yes, on the homepage there is a green button on the right side that says "View Plans and Pricing". Just click that and you'll the see the current available plan(s).
marniewon 08:00 AM 03-08-2011
Well, this might be an obvious question but, how do the parents enter their info? Do they have to have access to my computer? Or do they text their time in to the system? Or call it in? How exactly does this work?
Checkinkids.com 08:41 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Well, this might be an obvious question but, how do the parents enter their info? Do they have to have access to my computer? Or do they text their time in to the system? Or call it in? How exactly does this work?
There will need to be a computer with an internet connection at the point of check in/check out. The site can also be used with an iphone or other mobile device. You can open the clock in/out screen by going logging in and clicking "Open Clock Interface"
Checkinkids.com 08:42 AM 03-08-2011
Hi! Yes, on the homepage there is a green button on the right side that says "View Plans and Pricing". Just click that and you'll the see the current available plan(s).
Big Thanks to Maranda Griffin of Oregon in helping me find a bug that was not showing this button in XP version of Internet Explorer!
snbauser 09:02 AM 03-08-2011
Big Thanks to Maranda Griffin of Oregon in helping me find a bug that was not showing this button in XP version of Internet Explorer!
That would be why I don't see the button either. At least I am not imagining it.
DBug 11:06 AM 03-08-2011
I was able to log in and add a "fake" child to the system and I love how easy it is. My only other question would be how safe is this system to use, since it is an internet-based program. Is it possible for others to see personal information and/or to hack in and steal phone numbers or photos?
daycare 01:06 PM 03-08-2011
I keep getting this message when I try to sign up

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllItems() on a non-object in /home1/gojamnet/public_html/checkinkids/app/design/frontend/default/checkinkids/template/email/order/items.phtml on line 39
Checkinkids.com 01:28 PM 03-27-2011
Thanks to the all people that signed up because of this thread. Based on your feedback, I have re-vamped the site. I have given it a complete overhaul and it is now re-launched. Send me a direct message and I'll re-instate your account!
nannyde 01:42 PM 03-27-2011
I am looking for 20 day cares to demo software that I have written. www.checkinkids.com is software that allows you to track check in/out times by letting parents simply enter their phone number and check their children as either checked in or out at pick up and drop off locations. The system tracks time spent at daycare and allows you to post messages to specific parents at time of drop off or pick up. Parents can also be alerted if they have ran over daily time limits. The first 20 to sign up get free lifetime membership for testing.

If you have questions, feel free to call 812-272-9565. My name is Michael Baker. I originally developed this system for my wife's daycare www.helpinghannah.com - but realized that it may be useful for other daycares as well. To register - go to the site, click on plans and pricing, go through the check out steps. The price is set to $0 and no credit card info is collected. Once you sign up for an account, you can log back in and use the system.
What stops the parent from putting a time in that isn't correct?
Checkinkids.com 01:51 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
What stops the parent from putting a time in that isn't correct?
The system has the time. The parent can only press "check in" or "check out" next to their child's name. It then calculates how long the child was in for that day and displays the information. If the child was there longer that the time that the provider sets in their admin page, there is a red message that tells the parent that they were late and informs them of the fee amount. The provider always has the option to erase the late fee - but the parent is informed automatically.
Unregistered 07:06 AM 03-08-2012
Check Out Time : Thu 7:03:42 am Mar 8, 2012

Total hours today: 0:04
A late fee of $ will be added to your bill. You went past the total time per day allowed.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE client_loc_out_time = "Thu 7:03:42 am Mar 8, 2012"' at line 1
This child is now checked out.
Tags:check in daycare time system, software
Reply Up