Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Software to Track Expenses
Unregistered 07:01 AM 10-19-2020
Hi, I am looking for a software to keep track of our expenses. I am thinking of using Quickbooks, but wanted to see if there's anything else out there. Thanks.
Cat Herder 07:37 AM 10-19-2020
Kidkare is what I use. $8 a month. Can't beat it.
Blackcat31 07:37 AM 10-19-2020
Lots of other threads about software management

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=software

I also use Kid Kare
Unregistered 08:22 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Kidkare is what I use. $8 a month. Can't beat it.
It looks like you have to enter the expenses manually. Is there anything out there where the software downloads transactions from your bank and credit card?
Blackcat31 08:26 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It looks like you have to enter the expenses manually. Is there anything out there where the software downloads transactions from your bank and credit card?
I have never seen such software.
Cat Herder 09:06 AM 10-19-2020
I am unaware of a program that does that.
284878 04:31 AM 10-20-2020
I recommend Quicken business it made by the same company as a QuickBooks but cost a lot less. You can go with the newest version or one of the later versions my current version is 2015. 2015 is older and no longer updates but it's still fully functional. But you'll want to go with something after that.

I don't know the difference is between quickens and QuickBook. I've been using quicken since 2000. Back in 2010 I took a QuickBooks class as part of the training I did and I did not find to be too different. They say that QuickBooks is harder to use and not as self-explanatory.
dolores 10:25 AM 10-21-2020
I've been using QuickBooks online for many years to invoice and receive ACH bank payments from my parents.The subscription cost is $375/yr plus taxes which is pricey.

You can sync your bank account (and I assume credit card account) with and download charges/deposits to QuickBooks. You can also take pics of receipts using your mobile and upload them to your Quickbooks account which is helpful as receipts fade over time plus you can do it at point of purchase so you don't have to worry if you misplace receipts. I began using these features but fell off.

I also use KidKare, for free, which belongs to my CACFP sponsor for that purpose only- to enter meals, meal attendance and submit to sponsor. The accounting features are not available and even if it was I wouldn't use it as the account is not owned by me.

Based on the feedback here I've been wanting to get my own KidKare account which is much cheaper than Quickbooks. I'm just trying to figure out the best time to switch to make it a smooth transition for my parents.
Tags:expenses, kidkare accounting reports, software
Reply Up