Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SA Is Driving Me Crazy
kelsey's kids 07:28 PM 12-03-2013
Currently my only child here after 6pm (here till 930 every body else leaves at 530 but accepted due to financial issues) she is driving me nuts. She runs around signing parts of songs in a very babyish way, plays with the same liud toy over and over than folliws me around complaining. I can't term because I need the income and haven't been getting any calls. I dont know what to do. Hubby even whlent to our room and said sorry you are on your own with this one lol. Anybody else have or had a kid like this? Any tips?
Tdhmom 08:22 PM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
Currently my only child here after 6pm (here till 930 every body else leaves at 530 but accepted due to financial issues) she is driving me nuts. She runs around signing parts of songs in a very babyish way, plays with the same liud toy over and over than folliws me around complaining. I can't term because I need the income and haven't been getting any calls. I dont know what to do. Hubby even whlent to our room and said sorry you are on your own with this one lol. Anybody else have or had a kid like this? Any tips?
I have 2 they go to preschool for 3 hours a day. I still have them for 7 hours everyday. I wish I had advice for you, but they've been driving me bonkers since August
TwinKristi 08:55 PM 12-03-2013
Oh my Gosh yes... I was watching my best friends' son from 11:30 to 6:30 or later, ya never knew! He was super obnoxious and annoying, drove my kids nuts, didn't listen, asked the most bizarre questions and just was kinda dense. It was all I could do to deal with it and almost lost my mind at times. He would break the same rules all the time. I was at my wits end and ready to term but only had 6wks left until summer break and didn't have room for Him and his sister. I tried to use some skills from a class I took and made a behavior chart. It helped but having an end in sight was best. I said I would never watch him again and made an exception when 2 people gave notice and I needed the money. Now I won't do it at all.
Meyou 02:08 AM 12-04-2013
SA kids that can't find something to do at my house do chores. It fixes boredom and whining in the most amazing way. You should try it.
Play Care 03:06 AM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Meyou:
SA kids that can't find something to do at my house do chores. It fixes boredom and whining in the most amazing way. You should try it.

I also find that my SA kids need set things to do. I don't know if it's because they are used to being in school and being told what to do each minute, but whatever, I have a pretty specific schedule with things for them to do.
I know you have said you haven't been getting any calls, but have you done any advertising? Any deals for current clients to recruit? I might try to amp that up, especially once the holidays are over.
coolconfidentme 04:46 AM 12-04-2013
I have told SA kids, "You can play independently or clean? Do you want me to get a board game or a broom?" They always pick the game, lol.
kelsey's kids 08:27 AM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:414190:

I also find that my SA kids need set things to do. I don't know if it's because they are used to being in school and being told what to do each minute, but whatever, I have a pretty specific schedule with things for them to do.
I know you have said you haven't been getting any calls, but have you done any advertising? Any deals for current clients to recruit? I might try to amp that up, especially once the holidays are over.
I have been advertising like crazy. Yellow pages classifieds, Craigslist, local Facebook mom pages, flyers. Even our rep said enrolment is down in all the day cares in my area. Hopefully it picks back up soon
Great Beginnings 08:40 AM 12-04-2013
I would ask mom to allow her to bring something "special" from home to help once everyone leaves. Tell mom you try to entertain her the best you can but she gets bored with you and you feel she needs something from home.

I don't allow school agers to follow me around. That gets old and not worth the money VERY quickly! They have their own playroom so I just tell them to go play because I need to get some things done or talk with DH privately.
Tags:provider children
Reply Up