Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SA in the Summer...
lflick 05:38 PM 06-04-2013
Evening! I just received confirmation that two SA siblings will be joining us this summer. Ages 6 and 10, girl and boy. I currently have an 18 month old T-H. We have a very large yard, a brand new 25 ft wooden playset complete with monkey bars, and lots of room to be creative. I would like to hear your ideas for summer entertainment. This is my first go around with such a vast age group and I am excited yet nervous at the same time! I do not plan on following a curriculum during the summer break but I would like to have a large list of activities to suggest to keep everyone happy! My number one goal is to be safe but we want to have fun!

Also, do you use a different contract for the summer?
Little Star75 06:26 PM 06-04-2013
Originally Posted by lflick:
Evening! I just received confirmation that two SA siblings will be joining us this summer. Ages 6 and 10, girl and boy. I currently have an 18 month old T-H. We have a very large yard, a brand new 25 ft wooden playset complete with monkey bars, and lots of room to be creative. I would like to hear your ideas for summer entertainment. This is my first go around with such a vast age group and I am excited yet nervous at the same time! I do not plan on following a curriculum during the summer break but I would like to have a large list of activities to suggest to keep everyone happy! My number one goal is to be safe but we want to have fun!

Also, do you use a different contract for the summer?
I am, I'm actually focusing in SA for the summer. My plan is.... To go on field trips every Friday and during the week will vary from PJ day, Movie day, water day, baking day, etc. for the fall I will go back and enroll infant to toddler.

Actually today is my 4 yr anniversary being open and have came across a lot of issues and undecided on what I wanted for my daycare so I decided to change it a little at least for the summer.

Hope that helped
mrsnj 06:13 AM 06-05-2013
I tend to do a lesson plan of sorts but more to keep me on track than anything else. I plan on a craft a week and we do a snack too which I try and have the older kids make as well. And one day we do a field trip from anywhere like the park, getting icecream, lunch out, and bowling. I try and schedule one day for something like shaving cream play or making icecream sundaes to camping in the backyard etc. I have a pool and playarea and trampoline. My oldest daughter often takes them for a walk when they get restless. The first few weeks are awesome. They are excited to have summer off. By mid July they start to get restless. This year I ordered things like those huge bubble sticks, slip and slides, puzzles, games, water guns and balloons, etc etc etc. But they won't get them until mid July lol! Will take them out little by little for something new. We also do a small start of the summer party and a HUGE end of the summer/moving up BBQ too which the kids love! Throw in some rainy day ideas like movie day and PJ day type of stuff and they are good to go. I am thinking on doing a reading incentive program this summer too. "Try to meet the goal" by the end of the summer and get a prize type of thing. Going to make a big chart for competition so the kids can see it rise up as they read! And might add on some online games too like reading eggs for those "I am bored" moments.
Reply Up