Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What an AMAZING MONDAY!
daycarediva 08:31 AM 10-28-2013
My kids have all had some pretty out of the norm behavioral issues going on lately. I conferenced with 3/8 of my families last week alone. I sent home a letter home asking for reinforcement. ALL of my families were very receptive and didn't take it critically (stated in letter I was not judging their parenting, because I am not but we REALLY need to be on the same page!)

Got a few emails asking about good house rules to apply, and I am SHOCKED at the turn around in just a short period of time! ALL of the parents applied my basic rules and are getting into a schedule at their house and MOST stated that they were having similar issues, but didn't know what to do and felt embarrassed to ask for help.

I had rested, happy children at drop off. No time outs, no hitting, no tantrums.

I LOVE MY JOB AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
Play Care 09:15 AM 10-28-2013
Awesome!
Heidi 09:20 AM 10-28-2013
whoo hooo! Here's knocking on wood that it continues!
WImom 10:36 AM 10-28-2013
Care to share some of what you wrote or your basic rules? I would love to send that home to my families because lately I hate my job.
CedarCreek 12:01 PM 10-28-2013
Originally Posted by WImom:
Care to share some of what you wrote or your basic rules? I would love to send that home to my families because lately I hate my job.

I'm curious too!
daycarediva 02:00 PM 10-28-2013
I will copy and paste it later. It's not very long, but it gets my point across in (mo) a non-threatening way.

Still AWESOME over here! my dh and dd have both commented on it, too!
daycarediva 04:03 PM 10-28-2013
Some of the 2’s and 3’s have been struggling with controlling their emotions and actions/reactions. If your child is having difficulty that is ongoing or behavior that is different than normal, you will be the first to know. Please know that when I come to you with concerns about behavior I am in no way judging you or your parenting. All children need extra support from time to time, and it is in no way a reflection of you. How everyone has responded, with support and encouragement of me and their child, is. Thank you. I have been asked many times in the last few weeks how parents can help their children with this. Our house rules are simple, we don't do things that can harm ourselves, our friends, or our things. It is not necessary to apply all of my rules at home. Children are quick learners and can understand the difference between the behavioral expectations at church vs. the playground, for example. The most important factors are consistency, follow through and having realistic expectations. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

That is the part of the letter specifically about behavior. The rest of it detailed how I handle time out, sharing, and a reiteration of my illness policy.
melilley 04:06 PM 10-28-2013
Awesome!

It's so great when parent's work with you to fix something and make our lives better!
Tags:daycare environment, monday, positive experience
Reply Up