Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Raffle Item Ideas
sahm1225 12:31 PM 05-08-2014
We host a summer party every year with food/desserts and lots of kids arts & crafts on display. The kids who have outgrown daycare and/or older siblings will usually do a face painting station too. We do a raffle to raise money (it goes towards daycare improvements and we save some of it for our huge Christmas party that comes complete with a visit from Santa).

For the raffle, last year one of the dcd's donated a whole box of Bulls memorabilia that he got with his season tickets, we got mini golf tickets donated and we purchased about $50 of kids toys to raffle off. This year I need ideas!

- Lego box ($8), and a lego coloring boo
- Movie night in a bag (Redbox $10 gift card, popcorn & box of chocolates)
- Playdoh 4 pack & some playdoh accessories
- (2) two tickets for mini golf

Any ideas?

Updating - everyone gets tickets & everyone wins. It's not a game of chance since you are guaranteed to win, but emailed our county clerk to make sure I don't have to apply for a special license
daycare 12:54 PM 05-08-2014
When I did mine I went to Costco and purchased movie tickets

I also auctioned off a free night of baby sitting services for 3 hours to be used as a date night. I raffled off 5 of those. I also raffled off a $50 DC gift card coul be used towards services.

I got two local restaurants to donate $20 gift certs

This year each family will make a basket theme and we will auction them off.
daycare 12:55 PM 05-08-2014
When I did mine I went to Costco and purchased movie tickets

I also auctioned off a free night of baby sitting services for 3 hours to be used as a date night. I raffled off 5 of those. I also raffled off a $50 DC gift card coul be used towards services.

I got two local restaurants to donate $20 gift certs

This year each family will make a basket theme and we will auction them off.
Unregistered 01:21 PM 05-08-2014
It sounds like fun and I think my parents would like it, but I also have a feeling it would be breaking the law here.
Blackcat31 02:38 PM 05-08-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It sounds like fun and I think my parents would like it, but I also have a feeling it would be breaking the law here.
That is a good point. Most states consider fundraising (for FOR profit entities) and raffles as gambling.

Alot of states require a license or permit to gamble....

I think there also might be some IRS rules or guidelines that need to be followed too.

http://www.nals.org/?p=1340

http://www.fundraising-newsletters.c...gulations.html

OP ~ this might be an excellent question for Tom Copeland.
daycare 02:42 PM 05-08-2014
Oh I misread tht. I didn't charge money for my tickets. I passed them out when they bought their tickets for the event.

I didn't raise money
sahm1225 03:51 PM 05-08-2014
I emailed our county clerk yo verify that I don't need another license.

Daycare. - I would love to hear about your party. For ours it's a guaranteed win & everyone wins. It's just luck on what you walk out with
daycare 04:11 PM 05-08-2014
it sounds harmless what you are doing. I could see if you were looking to make tons of cash then it would be an issue. I did not know that they were not legal otherwise.

What would you like to know, I would love to share anything I can
Reply Up