Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Union Dues
awestbrook713 07:49 AM 01-12-2012
I receive subsidy payments in the state of New York and as of 2012 they will now be deducting 2% of the union dues from each of your subsidy payments whether you join or not. In the letters I have received it says you may be able to get a reimbursement for part of these payments but my question is when entering my subsidy checks into MMK do I enter the check total before the union dues deduction or after, and also do I enter the deduction into expenses? Thanks
DaycareMama 09:03 AM 01-12-2012
I don't know the answer to your question sorry. But I was hoping you could help me with my (don't mean to steal your thread) When you use MMK and enter the state payments are you able to break it down into 2 fields? One being the state portion and the other being the parents portion? Does it also keep a balance of what is owed????

I would appreciate any info
Blackcat31 12:03 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
I don't know the answer to your question sorry. But I was hoping you could help me with my (don't mean to steal your thread) When you use MMK and enter the state payments are you able to break it down into 2 fields? One being the state portion and the other being the parents portion? Does it also keep a balance of what is owed????

I would appreciate any info
I enter the parent portion under parent billing (as a normal invoice) and the state paid portion under "other income".

Keeps a running total for parents AND the amount the state paid to me. I use the note section for any additional comments.

awestbrook713~ sorry I can't help you out, we aren't union..... yet.
awestbrook713 12:24 PM 01-12-2012
I agree with blackcat on the break down and input.

I'm not in the union yet either but they take the 2% whether you are or not.
DaycareMama 02:28 PM 01-12-2012
Thanks guys

I would think you would enter the total after the deduction and then list the union dues as a seperate exspense. but im not 100%. Maybe if you post the question under the tax thread Tom will chime in. Im curious too!
Tags:union
Reply Up