Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Flubber
awestbrook713 09:09 AM 01-12-2012
So my licensor came yesterday for her monthly visit and she had the kids make flubber. Its pretty darn neat and easy to make:

2cups water 1 and 1/2 cups white glue. Mix in big bowl

Add a squirt of liquid water color and stir.

In a separate small bowl mix together: 2 cups of water and 4 tbs borax.

Once borax is dissolved slowly pour the borax mixture a little at a time in the glue and water mixture. Mix with hands or sturdy wooden spoon.

Note: you may not need all the borax solution.

(vinegar takes it out of clothes carpets or fabric, lol and mayo will take it out of hair)

Lasts for 2 weeks if stored in airtight container.

Have fun!!
melskids 09:42 AM 01-12-2012
We love flubber !!!

If you wad it up a ball and put it on the table, stick a straw in it, and blow, it makes pretty big bubbles too!!

019.jpg
Attached:
Meeko 10:00 AM 01-12-2012
OK...back up.......

You're licensor comes MONTHLY?????????!!!
melskids 10:07 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
OK...back up.......

You're licensor comes MONTHLY?????????!!!

LOL

mine does too. but she's awesome!
Meeko 10:08 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by melskids:
We love flubber !!!

If you wad it up a ball and put it on the table, stick a straw in it, and blow, it makes pretty big bubbles too!!

Attachment 762
Looks like a giant snot bubble LOL!!
countrymom 10:29 AM 01-12-2012
is this not also called silly putty. I've had my child cut her hair twice because of silly putty and on my ds's bed there are still hard stuff from it and its been 5 yrs.
melskids 10:46 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
is this not also called silly putty. I've had my child cut her hair twice because of silly putty and on my ds's bed there are still hard stuff from it and its been 5 yrs.
i dont think so...i think you use liquid starch for silly putty.
awestbrook713 12:45 PM 01-12-2012
lol yes monthly its part of a program I am doing when I am done I get a certificate and they will help me set up a table at a local business advertising my daycare. Its a pain and very nerve (w?)racking but she brings good ideas. I think this was my 3rd visit only 3 more to go!!!

Nope not silly putty and in my above post it tells you what to use to get this stuff outta hair and clothes.
greenhouse 12:56 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by melskids:
LOL

mine does too. but she's awesome!
I've been licensed a year and STILL no visit. Makes me really glad I kept my son home with me. What the heck, pass out a license and I'll check on you never.
MNMum 01:10 PM 01-12-2012
My licensor said she would stop in within the first few months...that was in September. I'm thinking she's not too worried about my capabilities. But I can't imagine she would do an activity with the kids when she visits. I envision her looking through my cupboards, checking out my filing system and smelling my bleach bottles...probably not that realistic?!
SilverSabre25 01:14 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
silly putty is EVIL.

I hate it. It's no longer allowed in my home.

Flubber on the other hand, is cool. I believe it can also be called slime or Gak.

Anyone remember Nickelodeon Gak?
Mary Poppins 01:23 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by MNMum:
My licensor said she would stop in within the first few months...that was in September. I'm thinking she's not too worried about my capabilities. But I can't imagine she would do an activity with the kids when she visits. I envision her looking through my cupboards, checking out my filing system and smelling my bleach bottles...probably not that realistic?!
Here, licensing only comes every TWO years and sets up an appointment well ahead of time. There are no drop-in visits whatsoever.
awestbrook713 04:31 AM 01-13-2012
Shes not actually here to do my inspection just to help with program activities, ideas, we made play dough last time.
Reply Up