Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is something in the air?!
sahm2three 01:10 PM 06-08-2010
Holy cow! It has been the hardest day today! It has been time out after time out. Hitting, screaming, throwing toys, calling names, you name it. And the whining! I am so tired of hearing my own voice today! UGH! Is it Friday yet?!
mainemomma 02:41 PM 06-08-2010
I am sorry you had a ruff day! <<<<Hugs>>>>

Tomorrow is a new day...unfortantly not Friday though..have a cold beer (if all the kids have gone home lol) and enjoy your evening!
Anna 03:40 PM 06-08-2010
Oh same here!! Baby wants me to hold her constantly or its non stop whining.. my almost three year old dcg who is usually an angel had a tantrum when her mom dropped her off and my newly two year old dcg has been having meltdowns about every little thing (changing her diaper, cleaning up her toys, not hitting the dogs, etc.)

Thank God it is naptime!!!
sahm1225 04:20 PM 06-08-2010
I was wondering the same thing! Urghh, it was a tough day. The oldest one woke up another one during nap time, then they woke up another kid, and so on. It was a crazy day and I am exhausted.. Thank God it's done!!
MN Mom 04:37 PM 06-08-2010
UGH...must be something in the air. I sit here, drinking a cold daiquiri (made with fresh strawberries from my garden), lamenting on all the bickering, fighting, whining, crying that ensued today. Thank GOD I have tomorrow off.

Drinks almost done....time to re-fill.

Speaking of, I am not a drinker. I normally drink 3-4 times a year on special occasions. Since starting DC...I find myself having a couple every weekend. This is the first time I have EVER drank on a week night. I hope they aren't driving me to drink!!!
Janet 05:33 PM 06-08-2010
My baby was not particularly fond of napping or being happy for that matter. It is raining and will be tommorrow, too, so they won't be able to play outside and then they'll fuss at each other alot. My 2 dcgs were fighting over toys alot. My 18 mo dcb was getting into stuff left and right. My kid is having a huge sleepover on Friday and my house is an effing pigsty and I;mn sick. Blah. Tommorrows a new day, hopefully a better one!
professionalmom 07:40 PM 06-08-2010
Ok, I am going to go WAY out on a limb here. You know how we (women) have our cycles that are "regulated" in some part based on the moon cycles? Well, if you talk to any ER nurse or doctor, they will tell you that during full moons, they can count on more activity in the ER and even the strange and bizarre! It's a very weird phenomenon. Well, I wonder if children act up during certain moon cycles too. It may sound crazy, but I have had the same experiences where everyone goes haywire on the same day and everyone's cranky, making me consider declaring nap time a little early. Just a thought.
MarinaVanessa 08:56 PM 06-08-2010
Yup has to be something in the air. ALL of the kids were very wild today. Had to keep reminding them of the rules, put some of MY toys away and put quite a few in time-out. Dish guy was here too fixing something or other and he showed up at 12! Lunchtime. Great. No one wanted to eat cuz they all wanted to see what the dude was doing. Then it was time for nap UGH! Guy had to keep going to his van so the front door was constantly opening and closing. He was very quiet about it but all the kiddos were like meerkats every time he came in and out. He finally left and FINALLY I had them all lay down again and actually nap. New DC baby cried wildly like he had all last week and nap time was over .
Tags:chaos, tough day
Reply Up