Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diaper Changing Table Paper
awestbrook713 03:48 AM 01-18-2012
Ok I have been using a mat that I disinfect after I change the babies since I only had two my, my own child and another little one 2-3 days a week. I am interviewing another mom with an infant today and will have 3 infants in my care through out the week and am thinking disposable changing table paper would be easier, does anyone know a good place to order/buy this kind of thing from? Thanks
awestbrook713 07:19 AM 01-18-2012
Anyone, Websites for daycare products?
Childminder 07:25 AM 01-18-2012
Kaplan, Lakeshore, teachers supply, Discount School Supply, to name a few. Or google medical supplies and check medical stores in your area. I use butcher paper that I get from Costco or Sam's club.
GretasLittleFriends 07:26 AM 01-18-2012
I would try one of these sites:

http://daycaredisposablesupply.com/s...=index&cPath=3

or

http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&scategoryid=0

I do NOT have experience with either one. I found the first one using google, and know a lot of providers on here use the second one for other supplies.
Childminder 07:30 AM 01-18-2012
Amazon.com and officedepot.com
Cat Herder 07:40 AM 01-18-2012
I tried it my first year with infants but hated it.

It stuck to them as they moved and tore.

The roll dispenser broke constantly....and it tore.

Everything soaked through....and it tore.

It wrinkled up.....and, yep, tore.

It was much easier for me to put up a paper towel dispenser, use a plastic table, hang a spray bottle of disinfectant....then just wipe up each time. I only skipped the paper speading, adjusting and tearing steps, anyway. I had to spray and wipe each time regardless.

Are you required to use paper?
awestbrook713 06:27 AM 01-19-2012
No but I have limited space and use the changing table on my pack and play that I take down after the days I have babies here each week. I figured paper would work better then dragging every thing out each time if I had disposable paper I thought it would cut down on clean up. Thanks for the websites everyone
bice99 10:38 AM 01-19-2012
I have all the parents send a specific type of washable pad - I think it's 27 by 18 inches, but it comes in different sizes. You know the all white ones that have quilted looking clouds or animals on them? I label them and use each kid's for only them. Just fold it up and put it to the side when I'm not using it. I'm registered, not certified, so I just use an area of my living room for diaper changes. So much easier than trying to heft kids up onto a changing table. I have parents bring 2 so that if one gets dirty, I can use the other one until I do laundry.
lovelife 10:46 AM 01-19-2012
I use wax paper. Where I am at that is what we are required to use on our changing tables.
e.j. 11:09 AM 01-19-2012
I use dry wax paper that I buy at either BJ's or Sam's Club. It comes in single sheets that are big enough to go under the kid's bums. There are 500 sheets to a box. I can't remember how much a box costs but it wasn't very expensive.
awestbrook713 11:33 AM 01-19-2012
Wax paper is a good idea, these all are good ideas ty
Tags:diaper changing procedures, diaper changing station
Reply Up