Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Handbook Revisions
Sunchimes 08:58 AM 12-28-2011
Does everybody have to have the same handbook with the same information? I was thinking of making everyone's handbook revisions and new contract on their anniversary date. That way, if I need to change something in March, I don't have to wait until January to fix it. I can fix it one family at a time. And, certain parts of the handbook don't apply to everyone--I'll do it for this family (work until midnight now and then), but I wouldn't do it for that one.

Or would it be better to say that the handbook may be revised every 6 months while the contract is good for a year? Each of my families is so very, very different that there isn't a one size fits all for many of the categories.
Sunchimes 09:00 AM 12-28-2011
Never mind. I'm a doofus. I meant to start a new thread and somehow didn't. I'll try again.
melissa ann 12:22 PM 12-28-2011
I have that parents/quardian will have a 2 week written notice of any policy changes. Things do come up throughout the year and you can not/ do not want to wait until the yearly contract runs out.
daycare 12:33 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
Does everybody have to have the same handbook with the same information? I was thinking of making everyone's handbook revisions and new contract on their anniversary date. That way, if I need to change something in March, I don't have to wait until January to fix it. I can fix it one family at a time. And, certain parts of the handbook don't apply to everyone--I'll do it for this family (work until midnight now and then), but I wouldn't do it for that one.

Or would it be better to say that the handbook may be revised every 6 months while the contract is good for a year? Each of my families is so very, very different that there isn't a one size fits all for many of the categories.
I have all of the same polices in the handbook across the board. Its in their contract that I might have small changes...EX: Discounts on a promotion

If I had an ad out for a discount that will be applied for a limited time, then I would have this listed in their contract, along with the expiration date of the discount.

or if they are siblings, then I would make sure that in their contract that I wrote in my sibling policy...

Or if they are part time, then I would write in that they understand that full time families will have priority over PT (etc etc)
Tags:handbook, revisions
Reply Up