Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bouncy House??
thecrazyisout 10:19 AM 04-15-2011
Do any of you have a bouncy house for out doors? What are your thoughts behind them. I do not have a swing set, so looking for an easy activity for outside when they need to burn energy.....
DancingQueen 10:22 AM 04-15-2011
my old provider had one of the smaller ones (for like ages 6 and under or so)
the kids loved it - she brought it out a few times per month
jojosmommy 10:24 AM 04-15-2011
I don't have one but we have a local place with bouncy houses and I have heard of a number (including clients) have suffered broken bones from there- both adults and kids.

The last time I was in the ER someone was there that I knew that had just been to the bouncy place and the ER doctor told her the bouncy place is the ER's best referral place. YIKES!

I would never have one but if you do be cautious.
countrymom 10:25 AM 04-15-2011
I own one, but mine is like a rock wall on the inside, I got a fabulous deal on it at walmart several years ago. The only draw back is you have to monitor it (but if you don't have school agers then I wouldn't worry) and you need to put it away as it stains on it like mildew. Nothing you can do about it, its just the way the material is made.
I would purchase a swing set over the bouncy castle because you can't use it all year round like a swing set (I own 3 swing sets)
DCMom 10:41 AM 04-15-2011
I have one; it comes out one day a week in the summer, usually on Maniac Mondays because they are so crazy. I have one of those big water slides with a pool at the end also, that's usually out on Wet and Wild Wednesday.

Storing them is a pita, but the kids love them! And when the kids are entertained their daycare lady is happy
AnythingsPossible 11:27 AM 04-15-2011
Yet another thing that I am not allowed to have as a licensed provider! If you are licensed, check with your rules before you buy one for daycare!
BentleysBands 11:52 AM 04-15-2011
Yep we have one along with a trampoline. The kids love it all
Tags:bouncy house, outdoor equipment
Reply Up