Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Weeks Notice For Term
Unregistered 07:01 PM 02-10-2014
I have had this family for about 8 weeks now and I just gave then their two week notice. The kids are horrible. I mean I have a zero tolerance for physical and verbal abuse and the two older boys do both. Not just to me, but also my daycare kids and my husband. I am tired of it. I don't know what to do anymore and I can't handle them any longer. This past Friday the 10 year old tried to jump out of my suburban while I was driving the SA to their schools. The 10 and 8 year(brothers) were fist fighting as well. Same family. I took a chance and placed my son in between them and they were still throwing punches around him. I am at my wits end. I feel bad for the mom because no one will watch the kids. I am unsure if I did the right thing. My husband is proud of me that I stood my ground. Hoping this doesnt bite me in the rear.
Lucy 07:16 PM 02-10-2014
They sound like a nightmare! Early on, I had two different sib groups (not at the same time) who were very difficult, but not as bad as yours sound! That's why I prefer to take them as infants or toddlers, and have them grow up with me. I have ages 5-10 now who have all grown up here.
melonieb 07:21 PM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by Lucy:
They sound like a nightmare! Early on, I had two different sib groups (not at the same time) who were very difficult, but not as bad as yours sound! That's why I prefer to take them as infants or toddlers, and have them grow up with me. I have ages 5-10 now who have all grown up here.
This is exactly I am going back to my 4 and under group. I figured I would try the SA thing, and um no its not for me. Too much stress. Mom isn't to happy now that I have given her notice. But all well ends well
CraftyMom 07:33 PM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have had this family for about 8 weeks now and I just gave then their two week notice. The kids are horrible. I mean I have a zero tolerance for physical and verbal abuse and the two older boys do both. Not just to me, but also my daycare kids and my husband. I am tired of it. I don't know what to do anymore and I can't handle them any longer. This past Friday the 10 year old tried to jump out of my suburban while I was driving the SA to their schools. The 10 and 8 year(brothers) were fist fighting as well. Same family. I took a chance and placed my son in between them and they were still throwing punches around him. I am at my wits end. I feel bad for the mom because no one will watch the kids. I am unsure if I did the right thing. My husband is proud of me that I stood my ground. Hoping this doesnt bite me in the rear.
You did the right thing. My zero tolerance is immediate termination, no 2 weeks necessary. I've had only 2 sets of siblings, and just the fact of them being siblings brought things to a different level. It is highly unlikely that I will take siblings again.

Don't feel bad about no one else taking them, there is a reason! It is not your problem
cheerfuldom 08:03 PM 02-10-2014
You did the right thing! Safety should always be first. If these boys hurt someone, each other or even themselves, you can bet you will have liability for that. There is a reason why no one else will take these kids
Play Care 03:13 AM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What they are doing is grounds for IMMEDIATE termination. I certainly wouldn't be giving them two whole weeks to continue their reign of terror in my child care.
I don't know why you should feel bad, mom should feel horrible she let it get to this point. I wish someone would clue parents in - good kids don't get kicked out of day care. Even one time is grounds for examining what is going on in your family.

So yeah, you are doing the right thing.
cheerfuldom 05:47 AM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
What they are doing is grounds for IMMEDIATE termination. I certainly wouldn't be giving them two whole weeks to continue their reign of terror in my child care.
I don't know why you should feel bad, mom should feel horrible she let it get to this point. I wish someone would clue parents in - good kids don't get kicked out of day care. Even one time is grounds for examining what is going on in your family.

So yeah, you are doing the right thing.
I agree. I would let mom know that one more situation and they will be sent home and lose the two weeks notice. Don't get into the situation where you are stuck with them any longer.
melonieb 10:24 AM 02-11-2014
Week great news, mom told me this morning that the kids last day will be Feb 14, so none of the next week. I am so happy, plus I have two families I can take to replace them. Thanks all for your time and understandings/concerns
Tags:termination - behavioral, violent behaviour
Reply Up