Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Want an Assistant
AmyKidsCo 09:20 AM 09-16-2014
I hate being cold - which really stinks considering I live in WI, LOL! The "real feel" is 43 & I'm freezing in the sun. I want an assistant to take the kiddos out do I can stay warm inside! They say this winter is going to be colder than last winter...
melilley 10:30 AM 09-16-2014
I'm totally with you...lol
I don't mind going out in the winter when the sun is out, but I'm a warm person and can't stand the cold. I've gotten better over the years, but the cold still bothers me.
daycarediva 11:26 AM 09-16-2014
I hate hate HATE the cold. I put on a happy face for my littles. "YAY SNOW!" (GAG) As soon as it hits 50 I'm miserable.

I would LOVE to have someone just come over to take the kids outside in the cold weather.
DaveA 11:57 AM 09-16-2014
I'm the exact opposite. Cold doesn't bother me, but I hate the humidity in the summer.
NeedaVaca 11:57 AM 09-16-2014
Me too, I love hot weather! Unfortunately my DH has Raynaud's disease so I am always the one taking my kids sledding or making snowmen. I do actually enjoy the memories we are making but I can feel the cold in my bones... The only thing I really like about winter is seeing the pretty snow while I sit inside by the fire
jenboo 01:01 PM 09-16-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I hate hate HATE the cold. I put on a happy face for my littles. "YAY SNOW!" (GAG) As soon as it hits 50 I'm miserable.

I would LOVE to have someone just come over to take the kids outside in the cold weather.
50...Im miserable if it drops under 70. Even at 70 i have a jacket on
lynne 06:46 PM 09-16-2014
LOL! I live in the rocky mountains, love to down hill ski, cross country ski and snow shoe...I don't like the cold either but if you have the right clothes you don't get cold. I hate when the temp gets above 85 F ...Sometimes it gets down to 35 below zero here.. we just stay in and do lots of crafts.
Sunshine74 07:56 PM 09-16-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
I'm the exact opposite. Cold doesn't bother me, but I hate the humidity in the summer.
I am the same way you are. It's been in the 60's this week, and I'm still in shorts.
daycare 10:39 PM 09-16-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
50...Im miserable if it drops under 70. Even at 70 i have a jacket on
Ken boo you are just like me. Anything below 70 I'm freezing.
craftymissbeth 06:43 AM 09-17-2014
I would like an assistant to take them out in the summer. I can handle winter, but anything more than 80 and I'm a sweaty puddle.
Blackcat31 06:47 AM 09-17-2014
If I got to have an assistant, it surely wouldn't be to take the kids outside for me... it would be an assistant that did nothing but change diapers!

I love both summer (gets upwards towards 100F here with HIGH humidity) and winter (can have FEET of snow and temps at -45F at times).

Like lynne said....you just dress appropriately and the temps are easily manageable.
AmyKidsCo 06:47 AM 09-17-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I would like an assistant to take them out in the summer. I can handle winter, but anything more than 80 and I'm a sweaty puddle.
Trade you - I'll take your kiddos out in the summer and you take mine out in the winter! Now we just need to figure out transportation, LOL!
BabyMonkeys 08:16 AM 09-17-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Me too. Living in Florida, it's 80 most of the year. I'm jealous of those of you that live where it is cool out already!
Tags:assistance, helper
Reply Up