Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Offering to Babysit
Unregistered 05:54 PM 10-15-2013
Should a daycare mom babysit for you or not? What are your thoughts?
Unregistered 06:11 PM 10-15-2013
I wouldn't mix business with my family
Unregistered 06:28 PM 10-15-2013
Never ever ever ever ever would I let a dcm babysit my kids. What if my kids were horrible little ****s or something? Or what if she didn't treat them right? And and and. There are too many what ifs.
cheerfuldom 06:50 PM 10-15-2013
no, absolutely not. especially if it the type of parent that will expect favors later.
MotherNature 07:10 PM 10-15-2013
No,don't mix business.
Childminder 07:50 PM 10-15-2013
I have had dcmoms work for me as subs, a lot. Every one has worked perfectly and to my advantage. I do not have young children but my grandchildren, that I care for, have close relationships with some of my dckids. Sleepovers, dcparents exchange transportation with DD, etc...

Use your own judgment and common sense.
littlemissmuffet 08:47 PM 10-15-2013
Not in a million years. I don't like how 99% of my dcps look after their own kids... they sure as hell aren't going anywhere near mine!!!!
Sugar Magnolia 03:16 AM 10-16-2013
I have a dcm that watches my SA son after school on Fridays. Her daughter goes to the same school, they grew up in my daycare together. Her son attends w me still. It's only a couple hours. I love this family, and I appreciate the help.
JenNJ 06:09 AM 10-16-2013
I have two clients who have kids the dame age as mine. We often do sleepovers and playdates. Its been fine. But these clients are my friends that I just happened to meet through my daycare. They aren't typical clients, lol.
Brooksie 08:29 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Not in a million years. I don't like how 99% of my dcps look after their own kids... they sure as hell aren't going anywhere near mine!!!!
This. I also have a very challenging DD and know they wouldn't be able to handle her and I know she would act out. But then again, I don't trust any one but family (my mom) to babysit.
TwinKristi 09:38 AM 10-16-2013
It's obviously very individual. Some parents absolutely. In fact 2 of my DCMs have been my best friends for 20yrs and were friends before daycare. But other parents I hardly know but for 5 mins at drop off and pickup? Nope. I know most of my DCPs well and would have no problem with them doing that. But I wouldn't make a habit of it.
sahm1225 06:28 PM 10-20-2013
It depends on the client.

My oldest is 6 and one of my dcm took him & her soon to & from summer camp all summer plus would keep Him some days during the day in the summer time. Her son was my dck and jokes that my house is his second (vacation) home!

I have great dc families at the moment, so for most I would say no just to be polite, but if trust them w my kids.
Unregistered 09:49 PM 10-20-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Should a daycare mom babysit for you or not? What are your thoughts?
I'd say No.
Tags:babysitter
Reply Up